PDA

View Full Version : Not such new member

johnburley
04-03-13, 03:45 PM
Thought it was time to introduce myself, been a member, this time, for 2 years, bought my Pilgrim exactly 1 year ago - after 20 years of saying I was going to build one and never having the time. What a waste of time, I haven't stopped grinning yet and I waited until I was 70 to do so! Having owned many 'sports' cars in my time, including TR7, MGB's, Panther, MX5's, Z3's and a Z4 - none compares to the Cobra for the sheer joy of driving a real car, and it makes you feel 40 years younger. I would say to anybody considering buying one - go for it. Mine is not in concourse condition and has needed some work done, but it has that 'patina', and I am more than happy with her. Even in this freezing weather I've managed to go for a run at least twice a week, looking like an eskimo but worth all the effort.
My son , who drives a Westfield, and I are off to Le Mans in the cobra this year and I have told him that I will try and get it rebadged as a Westfield Cobra, but feel that somebody might have already had that idea, perhaps Coka Cobra would be better (oops sorry). Camping at my age - why not, I've got my cobra so the sky's the limit.

Regards to you all

John B

Broxy
04-03-13, 03:51 PM
What an example to all of us, go for it John!

braincol
04-03-13, 06:18 PM
"I waited until I was 70 to do so!"

At last - I've found someone on this site who admits to being older than me !

TINKA
04-03-13, 07:09 PM
Well done and welcome to the club, good to hear of another person who actually drives their car instead of just polishing it .:p

britbits
04-03-13, 08:15 PM
well done that man welcome, regards Dave B

KevinW
04-03-13, 08:49 PM
Good on ya, old man!
Get yourself along to a local meet and add another dimension to the fun of ownership.

keane
04-03-13, 10:19 PM
Hi John, dave in Poole, well done, age is only a number, (and aching joints! and nightime toilet runs etc!)the local meet has been rudderless for some time but I am thinking about taking up the reins and trying to get some new interest going. Dave

Purple AK
04-03-13, 10:22 PM
Hi John, dave in Poole, well done, age is only a number, (and aching joints! and nightime toilet runs etc!)the local meet has been rudderless for some time but I am thinking about taking up the reins and trying to get some new interest going. DaveI heard that ;-)

cobracol
05-03-13, 12:08 AM
Hello and Welcome John, better late than never eh?, hope you have a fantastic time at le mans

johnburley
05-03-13, 05:37 PM
Hi all
Thanks for all your comments - not sure about the old man bit - remember you're only as old as the woman you !!!! - wife's looking over my shoulder best not continue with that.
Dave, if you get a local meet organized I'm interested.
Thanks again, John

chasm
05-03-13, 09:36 PM
Hi John and welcome....I am in Bournemouth as well, mines tucked up for the winter at moment....I will be getting her out end of March/April time.

I would be very interested in a local meet, hope to meet up soon.:)

Cheers Charlie

keane
06-03-13, 07:53 AM
Hi Charlie, took mine out for a 80 mile blast yesterday, hope to see you in the near future. Dave

chasm
06-03-13, 06:37 PM
Hi Dave

I will contact you when I get the Cob out...see if we can meet up ;)

Cheers charlie

keane
06-03-13, 07:26 PM
Look forward to it. Dave