PDA

View Full Version : South Kent Cobras

LUX 427
09-03-13, 01:08 PM
I'm about to take delivery of a 427 in May. Are there meetings in Kent for Cobra owners?

KevinW
09-03-13, 01:33 PM
i think you already found the right section ?

LUX 427
09-03-13, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Looking forward to meeting up with others in the future.

jwyatt
12-03-13, 05:01 PM
always nice to see new people as you can see i am in tun wells not to far away for a run , best wait a few weeks as a bit cold for cobra driving at presant

LUX 427
12-03-13, 05:52 PM
always nice to see new people as you can see i am in tun wells not to far away for a run , best wait a few weeks as a bit cold for cobra driving at presant
That's great. I live in Wittersham - 40 minutes from TW. Car due end of April, so hoping for a run early May if the weather is good enough.

robinj66
13-03-13, 10:42 AM
We used to have a regular meet at the Burger King at Jtn 13 of the M20 (Folkestone) - first tuesday of the month around 7-7.30. It sort of ran out of steam. Shout out once you have your car and I'm sure a few of us can at least descend on your house and drink your tea!!

There also used to be a meet at the A249/M20 junction (2nd Wednesday ?) but that has also fallen by the wayside as has the bigger meet at the Grasshopper in Westerham (4th Sunday).

We need some enthusiasm to get us all out & about again

LUX 427
13-03-13, 11:00 AM
We used to have a regular meet at the Burger King at Jtn 13 of the M20 (Folkestone) - first tuesday of the month around 7-7.30. It sort of ran out of steam. Shout out once you have your car and I'm sure a few of us can at least descend on your house and drink your tea!!

There also used to be a meet at the A249/M20 junction (2nd Wednesday ?) but that has also fallen by the wayside as has the bigger meet at the Grasshopper in Westerham (4th Sunday).

We need some enthusiasm to get us all out & about again

You're on. Once I get my car, we'll have an open house - free teas for all (correction - only have parking for 6). Watch this space. W/c 29th April may be a possibility.

PS my godson also has a cobra Reg COB 427 and lives in Peasmarsh. I'll see if he can come.

jwyatt
13-03-13, 01:35 PM
sounds like a plan
as long as there is cake as well a tea , understand that we may have to double park

LUX 427
18-05-13, 11:50 AM
Well, disappointment that my Cobra is late for delivery and I'm now in France until September. Sorry to miss all the meets over the Summer. Hopefully I'll have the Cobra delivered to France sometime in late June or July, to enjoy some of the sun. Looking forward to meeting up September onwards. Have a good Summer. David

chillidoggy
09-07-13, 07:58 AM
Any get-togethers planned this summer for east Kent? Just wondering.

LUX 427
09-07-13, 11:06 AM
Hi there. Love to meet up, but in France until mid-September, so not able to do a Summer get-together.

robinj66
09-07-13, 05:21 PM
It's all been a bit hit & miss down here lately - lack of time/money/good weather/enthusiasm etc.

However there is the Darling Bud of May show next weekend at Bethersden. I hope to be going as is Tony Chesney but not sure who else on here is going.

plantman
09-07-13, 07:10 PM
I'll be going if the sun stays here.

Chris

chillidoggy
14-07-13, 08:52 AM
It's all been a bit hit & miss down here lately - lack of time/money/good weather/enthusiasm etc.

However there is the Darling Bud of May show next weekend at Bethersden. I hope to be going as is Tony Chesney but not sure who else on here is going.

Robin? got the feeling we've met before? Ian, I used to live in Whitfield.

LUX 427
14-07-13, 09:55 AM
Sorry to miss meeting up with you all. Hope you enjoy Bethersden. David

plantman
14-07-13, 05:32 PM
Excellent day at Darling Buds, nice to see some old faces. A few cob's there just like the old meets we used to have.

Chris

robinj66
14-07-13, 07:31 PM
Robin? got the feeling we've met before? Ian, I used to live in Whitfield.

Highly likely but I've got a memory like a sieve:oops: - more clues needed. Did you ever come down to the Burger King meets at Folkestone?

robinj66
14-07-13, 07:33 PM
Excellent day at Darling Buds, nice to see some old faces. A few cob's there just like the old meets we used to have.

Chris

I thought it was great too.
Nice to catch up with dave n , Andy S et al.
Lots of good cars to gawp at and great weather:cool:

chillidoggy
15-07-13, 09:25 AM
Highly likely but I've got a memory like a sieve:oops: - more clues needed. Did you ever come down to the Burger King meets at Folkestone?

Errrr......................buggered if I can remember! It's possible I did, but I do remember going to one at a boozer the other side of Maidstone, Larkfield maybe? And a meeting at a pub at Charing? The Swan? Apart from that, the mind's a blank. Which is nothing new. Anyway, my car is kind of a plum colour if you remember it? Cream interior.

robinj66
18-07-13, 07:07 PM
Too much alcohol under the bridge has f****d ("fogged" ?) my memory.

However we'll have to try and arrange a bit of a meet in this part of the world

chillidoggy
20-07-13, 08:27 AM
Indeed.

Oh, and I'm with you on the alcohol front........................:rolleyes:

LUX 427
29-09-13, 03:45 PM
OK, I'm back from France. Based near Rye. Any chance we could arrange a meeting in October? David

chillidoggy
02-10-13, 01:23 PM
I'd be up for a meet, back in the UK from next week.

LUX 427
02-10-13, 05:54 PM
Where are you - Margate? Where to meet, when? Suggest some days.

chillidoggy
02-10-13, 10:29 PM
Yes, Margate. Maybe late October, maybe some others would be interested? Somewhere central that suits.

chillidoggy
09-10-13, 01:53 PM
I'm back in the country.

So, who fancies a meeting? Where, and when?

jwyatt
10-10-13, 05:19 PM
what about around tenterden for a coffee last week end of oct

chillidoggy
10-10-13, 06:04 PM
Hmmmm, not exactly near me, it's west kent. It's 50 miles away. Canterbury, Folkestone, Hythe, Whitstable area is ok though, that's fairly central to kent.

LUX 427
10-10-13, 06:21 PM
Hmmmm, not exactly near me, it's west kent. It's 50 miles away. Canterbury, Folkestone, Hythe, Whitstable area is ok though, that's fairly central to kent.

How about Ashford area? That's getting on for 1/2 way.

LUX 427
10-10-13, 07:05 PM
How about Ashford area? That's getting on for 1/2 way.

An idea: The place below is semi-private, good parking, cafe/restaurant 1/2way between Tunbridge Wells and Margate. What do you think?

The Secret Garden Restaurant (http://maps.google.co.uk/local_url?dq=The+Secret+Garden+near+Ashford+TN25+5 NH&q=https://plus.google.com/117877876001238919422/about%3Fgl%3Duk%26hl%3Den&s=ANYYN7m7PTaUhGRUAVR04mlN24Bgt6jWkA)https://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.png‎

Mersham Le Hatch Business VIllage
Hythe Road, Ashford, Kent TN25 6NH

01233 501586

secretgardenkent.co.uk (http://maps.google.co.uk/local_url?dq=The+Secret+Garden+near+Ashford+TN25+5 NH&q=http://www.secretgardenkent.co.uk/&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:2883428426221482948&ei=3_lWUuXuGKLGigampoGYDA&s=ANYYN7n0KKIGncjXNSp6n9uqc7W0HVEySA)‎

chillidoggy
11-10-13, 07:47 AM
Sorry, but that's still an 80 mile round trip for me. Thanks, but count me out, guys.

TINKA
11-10-13, 08:30 AM
Sorry, but that's still an 80 mile round trip for me. Thanks, but count me out, guys.

80 Miles :shock::shock: that's just a nice drive, what's the point of a meet on your door step when the car won't even get up to temp.

LUX 427
16-10-13, 06:29 PM
80 Miles :shock::shock: that's just a nice drive, what's the point of a meet on your door step when the car won't even get up to temp.

Well, I'm still up for a meet between Tunbridge Wells and Ashford-ish area. How about 26th or 27th October for a coffee or lunch or tea :-) . I suggested a venue near Ashford but am happy to go elsewhere.

Star Kicker
20-10-13, 11:42 AM
Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my Dax 427 (Lola) and am keen to get intouch and meet up. I live in Dartford, Kent happy to travel?

LUX 427
20-10-13, 12:03 PM
Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my Dax 427 (Lola) and am keen to get intouch and meet up. I live in Dartford, Kent happy to travel?

How about Sevenoaks area that's 1/2 way between Wittersham (me) and Dartford and good for Tunbridge Wells (Jamie)?

David

Star Kicker
20-10-13, 12:54 PM
I am up for it (weather permitting) Sevenoaks is obviously very close to me so not a problem but not really a run out. What about talking on the telephone rather than exchanging messages. My no is 01322 276712 or mobile 0785 000 5516. Are any of you National Trust or English Heritage members as there are great places to visit and meet?

dave.n
24-10-13, 12:05 PM
Hi David & Paul. Looks like we are getting some more enthusiastic people back in the kent & east sussex area. Quite a few cobras in the area, just need to get them all juiced up and out of bed in the mornings.

LUX 427
24-10-13, 12:40 PM
Hi David & Paul. Looks like we are getting some more enthusiastic people back in the kent & east sussex area. Quite a few cobras in the area, just need to get them all juiced up and out of bed in the mornings.

All the more the merrier. 3 of us already meeting at:Marino Fish Bar, 140 ashford road, Bearstead, Maidstone, ME14 4NA
Meet circa 1100 hours on saturday 26th October for a coffee.

See you there.

dave.n
24-10-13, 01:58 PM
All the more the merrier. 3 of us already meeting at:Marino Fish Bar, 140 ashford road, Bearstead, Maidstone, ME14 4NA
Meet circa 1100 hours on saturday 26th October for a coffee.

See you there.
LOL drat , bollox......................I won't be there, I've got family stuff on this weekend. Keep me in the loop as I like to get out and about and see/meet everyone. If it's the one by the garage I know it.
Dave

Star Kicker
24-10-13, 03:40 PM
We all seem to be meeting up in small groups at different places? There appears to be a meet at the Grasshopper this Sunday, although the weather looks lousy. I am also up for Saturday and hopefully Sunday.

Paul
0785 000 5516

dave.n
24-10-13, 04:56 PM
We all seem to be meeting up in small groups at different places? There appears to be a meet at the Grasshopper this Sunday, although the weather looks lousy. I am also up for Saturday and hopefully Sunday.

Paul
0785 000 5516

Paul This is a national forum, probably a good idea to get your phone number off. ;) As I said grrrrrrrrr I'm busy:( We used to regularly get over 20 cobras at the grasshopper, lucky to get 6-7 these days. There are loads, 50-60 in kent and east sussex

LUX 427
24-10-13, 06:46 PM
Paul This is a national forum, probably a good idea to get your phone number off. ;) As I said grrrrrrrrr I'm busy:( We used to regularly get over 20 cobras at the grasshopper, lucky to get 6-7 these days. There are loads, 50-60 in kent and east sussex

What time on Sunday at the Grasshopper? I may be able to make that as well as Saturday.

smacaree
24-10-13, 08:21 PM
Hi all, depending on weather I'll try to get to one or the other, although it looks better on Saturday at the moment.

Not sure how much parking there is at Marino's. Are you planning a drive anywhere from Bearsted?

Simon

Turbycat
24-10-13, 08:31 PM
If the weather's not too bad I might just have a belt round the 25. I was going to go to Exeter show but the weather has put me off, but if Saturday is ok I'm at a loose end.

Andy

Star Kicker
25-10-13, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

Not sure what parking is available at Marinos or how many will attend? Nottcuts (Garden Centre) is not far away so this maybe a suitable alternative if when we arrive there are more cars than spaces. I will assess speed bump access on my way through just in case, unless Simon (smacaree) can advise prior. See you Saturday 11am and Sunday 12pm weather permitting.

Paul

LUX 427
25-10-13, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a good backup plan.

See you all tomorrow.

David

smacaree
25-10-13, 11:50 AM
Paul, I think there's only a small service road in front of Marino's.

At Nottcuts there's the Newnham Court Inn if you turn right at the top of the entrance road, with plenty of parking. Doesn't open till 11:30 tho. This is where there used to be a regular Wednesday evening meet a few years back. Postcode for Sat Nav if ME14 5LH. Weather looks good for tomorrow.

Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow?

Simon

Star Kicker
25-10-13, 12:00 PM
Hi Simon,

I think we may have to meet a Marinos and access the situation then perhaps convoy to Nottcutts. Its all too difficult to contact everyone and rearrange plans through the messaging as not everyone will be online and I did not initiate the meet and do not want to interfere. I will be coming up the M20 from Dartford and getting off a J7 and passing Newham Court on my way through.

Paul

smacaree
25-10-13, 12:50 PM
No problem, wasn't trying ambush your arrangements. See you there

LUX 427
25-10-13, 01:09 PM
So, shall we start at Marino's and decide what to do.

David

Star Kicker
25-10-13, 01:12 PM
I think that is the best solution as others involved in the thread previously may not be kept in touch if we change arrangements.

Purple AK
25-10-13, 10:13 PM
Is this an official club meet or another unofficial offshoot group?

LUX 427
26-10-13, 08:40 AM
Just another opportunity for Cobraites to get together.

Turbycat
26-10-13, 08:44 AM
Well it's throwing it down here at home. If it clears in the next 1/2 hour I'll set off and see you guys at Merinos. If I'm running late and your not there I'll pop over to the garden centre and see if you're there. If I don't catch you lot at least I'll have given the little car a good run:D!

Andy

Star Kicker
26-10-13, 08:46 AM
Morning Chris and Everyone,

As a newcomer to the forums I am not fully conversant with the etiquette in arranging small group meets but have just followed tagged along with what was being arranged. So I do believe this is an impromptue, unofficial coffee meet to which all are welcome but with the weather outlook today seems very unlikley?

There is a weather warning for the weekend, 80mph winds and rain so without making any judgements or calls, it is very dubious that meetings this weekend are practical without the risk of getting caught out.

Here at Dartford (9.30am) the sky is dark and the wind is picking up so I cannot really see that it is practical to venture out in anything other than my 4x4 but would love to meet and if others are more adventurous?

Hopefully even at this late time other members who are planning on meeting up in Maidstone today will get online and update everyone with their plans.

Paul

Star Kicker
26-10-13, 09:27 AM
Ok Guys,

This is my call today, its blowing a gale and hissing down with rain here in sunny Dartford so I will not be venturing out with Lola as she is a fair weather girl and does not like to get her mo-hair wet.

Sorry Guys...
fairweather Paul

smacaree
26-10-13, 09:29 AM
Very light drizzle in Maidstone now, 10:30. But forecast is to stay dry for the rest of the day...? So undecided at the mo

smacaree
26-10-13, 01:58 PM
Well I decided to go after all. Good to see new faces David, Derek & son (sorry I knew I'd forget one name).

David your exhaust needs looking at, when behind you I couldn't hear mine at all!

Hope to catch up again soon
Simon

Turbycat
26-10-13, 02:04 PM
Well I did attempt to go! I got stuck in the road works on the M25 and then it took absolutely ages to get across the Dartford crossing. As soon as I was over it started raining! I just did a U turn and went home. Better luck next time!

Andy

Star Kicker
27-10-13, 09:57 AM
Hi All,

What am amazing turn around in the weather? The sun is out, the tops down on Lola and she is keen to play. I am about 30min drive from Westerham so I am going to leave it until about 11.30am to make a final decision but hopefully some of the more adventurous of you will already have made the decision to venture out?

If anyone is passing over the QE2 bridge (Andy-Turbycat) I am a convenient stop off and safe haven (Sutton-at-Hone) if the weather plays up again and you need a bolt hole.

An amusing thread posted by PaulB - Forums - Cockpit- Ban the person above you, is worth a visit and add you ban to the person before!!!
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/cockpit/50215-ban-person-above-you.html

PS Hopefully you all remembered to turn your clocks back? its now 10.00am not 11.00am

Paul

LUX 427
28-10-13, 04:06 PM
Well I decided to go after all. Good to see new faces David, Derek & son (sorry I knew I'd forget one name).

David your exhaust needs looking at, when behind you I couldn't hear mine at all!

Hope to catch up again soon
Simon

Good to meet you all on Saturday. Sorry I couldn't make Sunday. Will try next Wednesday meeting.

What exhaust noise? That must be why I'm going deaf! Sounds the same as when it got through the IVA. Must have a word with Dave Brookes. Dave comments?

AK 1040
13-11-13, 06:06 PM
Hi all I am new to the site ,and can see you have no place to show .I have a big garden and a pub next to it and would be happy to have a meeting hear as I am a car freak . So if you wish to hold a meet at my garden in 2014 onwards email me for info.PS I have a 23 vw samber a AH frog and a AC MKIV . Neil

Turbycat
13-11-13, 06:26 PM
Large garden and Pub next door!! If you throw in bacon butties for breakfast in I'm on my way!! Oh yeah, welcome to the forum too:o!!

Andy

LUX 427
13-11-13, 06:35 PM
Hi, Neil.

Sounds good to me. Last Summer I offered Tea at my house if we could get together in South Kent. Also tried to get a Saturday meet around Ashford, but travel is a problem for some. Eventually three of us met up at Maidstone 3 weeks ago, for a coffee. There are the regular monthly meetings on Wednesday evening (Maidstone) and Sunday lunch (Westerham). I'm willing to give it a go. A Saturday for coffee or snack lunch might be good. Simon, Jamie, how about you? David

Hi all I am new to the site ,and can see you have no place to show .I have a big garden and a pub next to it and would be happy to have a meeting hear as I am a car freak . So if you wish to hold a meet at my garden in 2014 onwards email me for info.PS I have a 23 vw samber a AH frog and a AC MKIV . Neil

smacaree
13-11-13, 07:01 PM
Welcome Neil,

yes I'll be up for a get together. Why wait for 2014? ...

Simon

LUX 427
13-11-13, 08:19 PM
How about Saturday 30th November.

David

AK 1040
13-11-13, 08:40 PM
How about Saturday 30th November.

David
Hi I think the grass may be muddy in November but April May be better neil

LUX 427
14-11-13, 08:50 AM
Well, how about me hosting it on 30th November. We have a gravel parking area for about 6 cars and my wife has offered coffee and cakes mid morning. If the weather holds we could tour Rye and Winchelsea before lunch. Partners welcome too of course.

Post code is TN30 7PL to help you decide and assess mileage.

David

Star Kicker
14-11-13, 02:22 PM
Count me in for any informal gathering as I am keen to get out and about before the weather closes in. Last Sunday was a great day and I travelled out to the Epson meet with 6 other Cobs and a Ferrari. The Graahopper meet is Sunday 24th and the Epson meet is 8th Dec all subject to the weather but a nice drive out although I realise that the are further West for the majority of you.

I will look out for any confirmed dates but Sunday 1st December I am travelling over the river to see the Essex boys at the HWH.

AK 1040
14-11-13, 02:45 PM
Hi the 30 looks good so yes I'm on for that let us know time & place, and do you mind if I bring my cobra .Neil

Star Kicker
14-11-13, 02:59 PM
The 30th is good with me, we now just need a concensus of where to meet. I do not mind travelling so am flexible with location (weather permitting) and Cobras are obligatory.
Who else is up for a meet and do you have any suggestions for location or shall we all decend upon David and his good lady wife and take them up on their kind offer of coffee and cakes and make it a very civilised refined occasion.
Whats the dress code?

LUX 427
15-11-13, 12:23 PM
You're all welcome at Wittersham. I'm not wearing a dress, but you can if you like! How about 10.30 onwards, with a drive round after?

I'm aware that those travelling from Dartford and Canterbury (and Tunbridge Wells) have a longish journey and I'm not precious about hosting this get together if you want to choose a more central location.

Anyway 2 weeks to decide.

I repeat my postcode for mapping freaks. TN30 7PL. Will send details when we decide venue.

David

gareth08
16-11-13, 04:12 PM
Good to see that some of you guys are starting to organise some get togethers :)

dave.n
16-11-13, 04:39 PM
David ,Good luck with the meet. Lots of cobras in that area :-)

AK 1040
16-11-13, 09:26 PM
Hi David look forward to meeting up but cannot get there until 11.30 is that ok .Neil

LUX 427
17-11-13, 07:37 AM
Of course. No set agenda. I expect we'll all want to go for a tour, but can all just sit and chat if that's the consensus.

David

Star Kicker
17-11-13, 05:19 PM
So that a meet can include all those that wish to come along on the 30th and leave it until the last moment, it would be more practical to agree an alternative meeting point to Davids house, especially as parking is limited. Is there some where along the A21 that would be convenient to meet.

Looking at the map does any one know Route 1066 Cafe About Us | Route 1066 Cafe (http://route1066cafe.co.uk/wp/about-us/)
A21 Robertsbridge TN32 5JH

LUX 427
17-11-13, 06:23 PM
That suits me if there are a lot. As you're from Dartford I assume you're OK with the distance. How about those from Canterbury etc?

If I leave my Cobra in my garage I can accommodate about 9-10 other cars and could also ask a neighbour to park about another 6. It would be great to have that many or more. If everyone could give me an indication nearer the time, then we can assess numbers and agree the venue.

PS my wife can't set up a kitchen outside Route 1066 Cafe! So it will be buy your own........

David

So that a meet can include all those that wish to come along on the 30th and leave it until the last moment, it would be more practical to agree an alternative meeting point to Davids house, especially as parking is limited. Is there some where along the A21 that would be convenient to meet.

Looking at the map does any one know Route 1066 Cafe About Us | Route 1066 Cafe (http://route1066cafe.co.uk/wp/about-us/)
A21 Robertsbridge TN32 5JH

Star Kicker
17-11-13, 06:47 PM
So your place it is then, thank you. It would be really great to think that we could have a reasonable gathering (weather permitting) as the most I have been involved with so far is six at Epson.

And do not forget there is The Grasshopper (Westerham) meet Sunday 24th

smacaree
17-11-13, 08:03 PM
Hi Paul / David, at the moment the 30th is clear for me, so subject to weather I'll be there. If anyone's coming past Maidstone on the day then maybe we can form a mini convoy down to Wittersham?

simon

LUX 427
17-11-13, 08:57 PM
OK Looks like 4+me so far. Let's plan for my place and then move the venue if we got lots wanting to come. Will do an attendance and weather check on 28th...............

My address is:

Bates Barn, Swan Street, Wittersham, Kent TN30 7PL. Tel: 01797270702.

From Wittersham High Street turn down Swan Street next to the Swan Pub. 1/2 mile down the lane you will pass Wittersham Manor on the left, then Hall House (pink), a barn, a brick house, then Hall Cottage (white and black). Just as the road turns right you will see a sign for Blackbrook Farm straight on. Go straight on and after 20 yards turn left. Then 40 yards - gate on right is our barn.

Call if you get lost. I'll expect you all from 10.30 onwards.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

David

Hi Paul / David, at the moment the 30th is clear for me, so subject to weather I'll be there. If anyone's coming past Maidstone on the day then maybe we can form a mini convoy down to Wittersham?

simon

Star Kicker
18-11-13, 09:03 AM
That sounds good to me. Lets communicate nearer the time to see who is coming and how the weather looks

AK 1040
19-11-13, 07:10 AM
Hi David,no it's not to far to come ,have just got back from a road trip of 5000+ miles last month in the ac,so I will be there come rain or shine.Neil

LUX 427
19-11-13, 07:30 AM
Looks like 4 confirmed: Simon, Neil, Paul and me. Roll up, roll up, anyone else? All welcome.

David

LUX 427
19-11-13, 07:34 AM
Andy,

Can you make 30th Nov meeting at my house?

David

Well it's throwing it down here at home. If it clears in the next 1/2 hour I'll set off and see you guys at Merinos. If I'm running late and your not there I'll pop over to the garden centre and see if you're there. If I don't catch you lot at least I'll have given the little car a good run:D!

Andy

LUX 427
19-11-13, 07:39 AM
Any chance of you getting to Wittersham on 30th Nov for a meeting. Already got 4, possibly more coming. Love to see you.

David

Turbycat
19-11-13, 08:08 AM
I'll try. Not sure if I'll have to work that weekend or not. I've got to talk to my HR department this morning so I might just be very free. I think I'll be giving my notice in at work today:mad:!! So I could be very free:D......

Andy

Star Kicker
19-11-13, 09:32 AM
Names I have from previous threads are
Dave.N, Gareth08, Sumoboy, Chillidoggy, Jwyatt, Robin66, Plantman all who live in Kent. There are probably more but none active in recent threads.

As David initiated this soiree and I do not want to cross swords, it might be an idea to send them a pm to see if they can make the tea party.

LUX 427
19-11-13, 11:06 AM
Have written to Jamie (pm) & Robin & Andy above. Happy for anyone to spread the word. I'm not territorial......

David

LUX 427
28-11-13, 11:09 AM
Well, looks good for Saturday. Weather forecast 7*C, 10-0% precipitation, overcast.

Cakes in the oven, coffee brewing, see you all at 10.30. http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.png

David

Turbycat
28-11-13, 03:13 PM
Got to cry off I'm afraid. Dad's taxi is needed to ferry the kids around as wifey is away being pampered at a "spa hotel" thingy with her cousin:(

Andy

Star Kicker
29-11-13, 01:51 PM
Hi David,

Simon & I have arranged to meet at the services just off the M20 junction 8 at 10am on Saturday morning with a plan to be with you by appx 10.30am as arranged. You will see from earlier messages that Andy is unable to make it and I have had no direct contact with Neil but I assume that due to his location (Canterbury) that our rendezvous point is out of his way? I can be contacted on 01322 276712 / 0785 000 5516.

I presume from the message thread that no one else has elected to join us? but it is still not too late

smacaree
29-11-13, 03:57 PM
See you tomorrow guys, might even see the sun!

Simon

Star Kicker
29-11-13, 04:54 PM
Neil just telephoned me to say that he is coming but will not arrive until 11.30am ish

LUX 427
29-11-13, 05:18 PM
OK, looks like 4 of us. See you when you arrive.

David

LUX 427
30-11-13, 02:47 PM
Well, what a great day was had by all. 6 Cobras in total. Thanks for coming.

Paul and Simon arrived at Wittersham with flowers - thanks, Matt (not a member but nice 427 Hawk) and me and my wife Genesta. After coffee and cakes we departed for Rye. Neil and Christine (original 289) met us at Rye car park, and Jason (who just happened to see us in Rye car park) joined us later at Winchelsea for lunch. Good - but lets get more next time.

PS. I've failed to upload photos. Help!

David

dave
30-11-13, 02:59 PM
Give me a call David and I'll talk you through posting pictures if you like ;)

smacaree
30-11-13, 03:08 PM
Yes great day & good to see new faces. Here one photo taken after lunch, just Matts 289 missing

smacaree
30-11-13, 03:32 PM
Sorry I meant Matts Hawk.

LUX 427
30-11-13, 03:57 PM
Test run on photos. Try this:

Welcome to Flickr! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/110199773@N07/)

David

smacaree
30-11-13, 04:11 PM
Sorry David, I clicked on link & get a message that you don't have anything available for me?!

Here's a couple more of mine- I hope...

Star Kicker
30-11-13, 04:13 PM
Thankyou guys and girls for a lovely get together, cruise and lunch. The cars looked resplendant in the winters sun and Simons photo is a great group photo including late entry Jason.

ps David - the link Welcome to Flickr does not appear to work!

LUX 427
30-11-13, 04:57 PM
Sorry, it does for me when I tried it. Must be I've not opened it to the public. I'll try to rectify. You wouldn't believe I've worked in the IT industry since 1987!

Thanks for the other photos folks.

David

LUX 427
30-11-13, 05:08 PM
Try this: South Kent Cobra meeting | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/110199773@N07/11135523253/in/photostream/)

If this doesn't work I'll slash my wrists!

David

smacaree
30-11-13, 05:12 PM
David you can live another day, your link works!

dave
30-11-13, 05:24 PM
Then "Copy and paste"
Tadaa...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/11135560063_65a05cdfbf_b.jpg

LUX 427
31-12-13, 12:20 PM
Is this an official club meet or another unofficial offshoot group?

Chris,

I've tried to send you a PM but your inbox needs clearing out. Did you receive my message?

David

Purple AK
31-12-13, 06:31 PM
Chris,

I've tried to send you a PM but your inbox needs clearing out. Did you receive my message?

DavidTis clear now David. Could you resend please?

LUX 427
21-01-14, 01:09 PM
Anyone interested in a run out this month on a Saturday, say 8th February, subject to weather of course?

David

Star Kicker
21-01-14, 01:31 PM
Hi David,

Yes count me in.

LUX 427
21-01-14, 01:54 PM
Paul,

That's great. It may help others to decide if we agree a provisional venue to meet up, with the possibility of a short tour before lunch. any thoughts 1/2 way between us?

If we chose East Maidstone area that would open it up to Tunbridge Wells (Jamie) and Canterbury (Neil) etc.

David

smacaree
21-01-14, 06:16 PM
Hi Dave. At the moment my diary's free from family commitments, so I'll get there if I can. Any idea of a meeting point & agenda?

Simon

LUX 427
21-01-14, 06:28 PM
Hi Dave. At the moment my diary's free from family commitments, so I'll get there if I can. Any idea of a meeting point & agenda?

Simon

Simon,

That's good. I know I'm a boring old f**t, but I thought the same as last time unless you or others have alternative ideas. Possibly meet at an agreed point (cafe/fish cafe) have a coffee, go for a short drive for a snack lunch, go home. I can send out some options if you like.

David

LUX 427
21-01-14, 06:33 PM
Previous ideas include:

Marinos cafe for.... coffee! then:

Nottcuts or

01233 501586

secretgardenkent.co.uk (http://maps.google.co.uk/local_url?dq=The+Secret+Garden+near+Ashford+TN25+5 NH&q=http://www.secretgardenkent.co.uk/&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:2883428426221482948&ei=3_lWUuXuGKLGigampoGYDA&s=ANYYN7n0KKIGncjXNSp6n9uqc7W0HVEySA)‎

More ideas welcome.

David

Turbycat
21-01-14, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a plan. Count me in if the weather holds out.

Andy

LUX 427
21-01-14, 07:43 PM
Andy,

Great. Looking forward to meeting up. When we know the weather forecast we can firm up on the details.

David

AK 1040
22-01-14, 09:49 AM
Previous ideas include:

Marinos cafe for.... coffee! then:

Nottcuts or

01233 501586

More ideas welcome.

David
Hi all can get to Mersham on the 8th let me have a time ,and airport caff is good to NeilNeil

LUX 427
22-01-14, 12:05 PM
Hi all can get to Mersham on the 8th let me have a time ,and airport caff is good to NeilNeil

Neil,

Good you can make it. I know that you have a business to run on Saturday morning, but we could be at Mersham for a snack lunch if that suits you.

PS, where is airport caff?

David

AK 1040
22-01-14, 01:23 PM
Neil,

Good you can make it. I know that you have a business to run on Saturday morning, but we could be at Mersham for a snack lunch if that suits you.

PS, where is airport caff?

David
Hi David give me a ring on 07955 389264 thanks Neil

LUX 427
22-01-14, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone,

More thoughts:
Airport cafe is at Lympne. One option is breakfast, late breakfast or coffee there then back to Mersham le Hatch (direct or by detour) for lunch (12.30ish). The Secret Garden Restaurant has excellent choice of snacks/food. Good reputation. Reasonable parking at both places.

Let me know what your preferences are and we'll try to firm up an itinerary.

Don't forget your cameras - I had great difficulty downloading my photos last time and appreciated your photos.

Seems like we're up to 4 already. Spouses, partners, friends welcome. Genesta and Christine should be coming as before.

Regards,

David

LUX 427
23-01-14, 02:04 PM

Hello chillidoggy,

If you've been monitoring South Kent Cobras you'll see that we're trying to arrange another 'local' meet - on 8th February for coffee and lunch. One option is to meet at the airport cafe Lympne. That's about 32 miles from Margate. Is that far enough East and near enough to Margate to make it worth your while to join us? Looks like we've got Cobraites from Canterbury, Dartford, Maidstone and Wittersham and others further afield. Any thoughts?

Regards,

David

Turbycat
23-01-14, 08:49 PM
Can't guarantee making it that far. 200 mile round trip for me. It will depend entirely on the weather. If it's nice all day I'll give it a go. If it looks iffy during the drive I'll turn round and head home. Any one want to get a Cobra convoy to assault the Dartford crossing so we can get over free like the bikers??

Andy

LUX 427
23-01-14, 09:13 PM
Can't guarantee making it that far. 200 mile round trip for me. It will depend entirely on the weather. If it's nice all day I'll give it a go. If it looks iffy during the drive I'll turn round and head home. Any one want to get a Cobra convoy to assault the Dartford crossing so we can get over free like the bikers??

Andy

Andy,

Fully understand. It's great you are even contemplating coming. I'm trying to find a spot that suits everyone, obviously difficult.

If you make it that's really good. Hope to see you. Will send out proposed itinerary soon to help you decide.

Best wishes,

David

chillidoggy
25-01-14, 10:04 AM
Hello chillidoggy,

If you've been monitoring South Kent Cobras you'll see that we're trying to arrange another 'local' meet - on 8th February for coffee and lunch. One option is to meet at the airport cafe Lympne. That's about 32 miles from Margate. Is that far enough East and near enough to Margate to make it worth your while to join us? Looks like we've got Cobraites from Canterbury, Dartford, Maidstone and Wittersham and others further afield. Any thoughts?

Regards,

David

Lympne is close enough for me, particularly as I'd be in the Mondeo diesel. I've heard some nice things about the café, but unfortunately I can't do the 8th, got to go to mum's for lunch. Unless I can persuade her to go to the café.........................no, I don't think the 81-year old would go for that!

LUX 427
02-02-14, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Looks like weather forecast for Saturday 8th Feb is not good, but let's keep the plans going for now and review situation on Friday.

As there are only a handful that seem likely to come, maybe we could simplify venues and roll coffee stop and lunch stop into one. The most central appears to be:

Secret Garden Restaurant

How about meeting up at, say 11.00 there. Then there is a possible photo shoot opportunity we could do after coffee - more on that when we meet. Then back to the restaurant for a snack lunch at about 12.30.

What do you think?

David

Turbycat
02-02-14, 03:42 PM
Venue looks ok to me. If the weather holds off it'll be a nice run out. Just had a quick hour and half around the local back roads. Lovely afternoon for a bit of "Cobraing":D

Andy

Star Kicker
05-02-14, 02:59 PM
Hi All,

We may even have to leave the call until Saturday morning as I cruised out last weekend down to Folkstone - Dover in bright sunshine only to be chased back home as the weather changed very quickly. Mind you it was very windy as forcast.

My mobile is 0785 000 5516 home no 01322 276712.

Turbycat
05-02-14, 03:02 PM
Yeah, not looking too promising weather wise at the moment is it?

Andy

Star Kicker
05-02-14, 03:12 PM
My place is always available to you as a 'bolt hole' if you are passing (DA4 9EX)

Turbycat
05-02-14, 07:14 PM
Thanks for that. Judging by the forecast I think I'll be spending the weekend doing more decorating:(.

Star Kicker
05-02-14, 07:22 PM
have you viewed my thread http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/events/51181-american-speed-fest-brands-hatch-7-8th-june.html

Turbycat
05-02-14, 07:45 PM
Yup. Been to Brands on many an occasion. Should be a good weekend. I'm looking for a weekend thing as I can't make Le Mans this year.

Andy

LUX 427
07-02-14, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Looks like weather forecast for Saturday 8th Feb is not good, but let's keep the plans going for now and review situation on Friday.

As there are only a handful that seem likely to come, maybe we could simplify venues and roll coffee stop and lunch stop into one. The most central appears to be:

Secret Garden Restaurant

How about meeting up at, say 11.00 there. Then there is a possible photo shoot opportunity we could do after coffee - more on that when we meet. Then back to the restaurant for a snack lunch at about 12.30.

What do you think?

David

Well, weather forecast bleak as predicted last week 60% precipitation in Ashford area. Looks like it's a non-starter. Final check tomorrow morning at 9.00. If no go, will try for another date soon.

Sorry,

David

Star Kicker
07-02-14, 03:45 PM
Hi All,

I believe that tomorrow is going to be a non starter as even if the weather is good in the morning it can quickly change and catch us out. So on that basis I count myself out and leave it for another time.

smacaree
07-02-14, 06:44 PM
I think I agree, forecast is for heavy showers & sunny spells. So unless there's big change I don't think I'll be risking it. Hope to catch up with you all soon

simon

Turbycat
07-02-14, 07:37 PM
It's amazing how far you can get in a Cobra during a "Sunny Spell";). Might give it a miss then. Maybe we should start building arks?

Andy

LUX 427
07-02-14, 07:52 PM
OK everyone.

Lets cancel tomorrow for definite.

How about putting another date in the diary provisionally?

Same arrangements 4 weeks from now - 8th March. meet at 11.00 for coffee.

Secret Garden Restaurant

Photo shoot (if it can be arranged). Then back for lunch.

David

Turbycat
07-02-14, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a plan David. I'm pretty much free any time (semi retired/ working for myself). If anybody wants to meet up at short notice if the weather changes for the better drop me a pm.

Andy

chillidoggy
08-02-14, 08:00 AM
8th March? I'll see if I can make that date.

Star Kicker
09-02-14, 02:41 PM
I have pencilled in the 8th March, but how about also The Grasshopper Sunday 23rd February.

LUX 427
09-02-14, 04:55 PM
I have pencilled in the 8th March, but how about also The Grasshopper Sunday 23rd February.

Paul,

Sorry I can't do Sunday 23rd am entertaining friends. Hope others can make it though.

David

Turbycat
09-02-14, 05:04 PM
Don't think I'll be able to make it either. Fly back from hols on Saturday night so might get my movement's restricted lol!

lookyliky350
13-02-14, 03:24 PM
I'll bear in mind the 8th March, as for the grasshopper (23rd Feb) is that still the 3rd Sunday every month?! brings back memories of my Vauxhall Carlton days!.
Obviously all depends on this pissistant weather!!!!!.

Tony

Purple AK
13-02-14, 03:31 PM
The Grasshopper is the 4th Sunday of the month ;-)

lookyliky350
13-02-14, 04:08 PM
Thanks Chris, good job I asked!!!!!!..
Tony

Purple AK
13-02-14, 05:52 PM
Thanks Chris, good job I asked!!!!!!..
Tony
You wouldn't have been the first "billy no mates" at The Grasshopper by a long chalk Tony.

lookyliky350
28-02-14, 04:46 PM
I've had to sorn the motor so March is out, looking forward to better weather

Tony

LUX 427
02-03-14, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone,

3 weeks on from the last attempt to get together. As suggested, we get together on Saturday 8th March if the weather is good to us.

Well, the forecast for next weekend is SUNNY and 13C. So lets try again. Suggested venue etc as before is:

Secret Garden Restaurant

Let us know if you're likely to come.

All the best,

David

Star Kicker
02-03-14, 06:33 PM
Hi David,

Lola is in for a new ss exhaust and manifold at the moment, but I should get her back towards the end of next week and subject to the weather, I have got the 8th in my diary of events, so count me in.

LUX 427
02-03-14, 08:17 PM
Paul,

That would be good. Great to meet up again.

David

Star Kicker
03-03-14, 07:37 AM
Hi David,

You started this event thread some time ago, so it might be a good idea to start a new one to try and attract other members. I will then copy this on UKCC.co.uk if you are not a member?