PDA

View Full Version : ADC & Queeens Sq Bristol in May.

Dixie
20-03-13, 12:32 PM
Just had this email through from the organiser of the ADC event each month at Queens Sq in Bristol. Looks like it might be a good laugh.

Ladies and gentlemen of the Avenue Drivers Club,
With a long and particularly bleak winter behind us I’m looking towards spring by organising an informal drive out on the morning of the May meeting (12/05).
I’ll be walking round on the morning collecting money for the Bristol area Macmillan Cancer Support (more info here: Macmillan). At the same time I’ll be handing out a route.
We’ll be aiming to leave the square at around 11:00am but as I say it will be nice and informal.
The route will take us approximately 40 miles north west of Bristol and into the Cotswolds for a coffee stop. After this people can go their separate ways or reverse the route back into town if they choose to do so
Just to cover myself; The supplied directions do not have to be followed in any way, shape or form. If you do choose to follow them then you do so entirely at your own risk and accept all responsibility and liability for any event that may occur as a result of doing so. As an ambassador for motoring as a pastime please drive courteously and responsibly. Donations are not mandatory to participation.
In the original spirit of the ADC, all types of car and motorcycles are welcome.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards,

Oliver Smith

Sales and Marketing

Dixie
20-03-13, 01:10 PM
Tony Searle + Dax
Dixie + Dax
Santa + Daytona Coupe.

Probably get the wife to come along as well.

M

Chrisy A
20-03-13, 07:29 PM
Chris - Dax

count me in.

Does anyone fancy meeting at MccyDs again for a run through the tunnel?

The Great Redmondo
21-03-13, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Some of the group were talking about attending this: www.marchestransportfestival.co.uk (http://www.marchestransportfestival.co.uk). Which is on the Sat and Sun.

This would make for a full weekend, Marches transport on the Sat and the Ave Drivers drive on the Sun.

Paul

Paul B
21-03-13, 09:51 AM
Count me and Fran in for the ADC run, providing the weather plays ball !

Chris, when are you thinking of the weightwatchers breakfast and tunnel run ?

Cheers
Paul

Chrisy A
21-03-13, 10:54 AM
Hi guys,

I think it was Octobers ADC meet end of last season, myself, Mark,Tony and Robin all met at around 8.30 at McDonalds in Brislington. Only really for a central meeting point, had a quick coffee and went on to Queens Square in convoy.
The sight and sound of the 4 Cobras was great, and a route which took us through the tunnel at Temple Meads put an extra smile on our faces.
If any one fancies doing the same next month for the meet, if its convenient we could make it a regular thing?

Hope everyone is well.

malcolm c
21-03-13, 03:06 PM
Will be doing this event on the 12th
Rotary Club of Cheltenham Cleeve Vale - Classic Car (http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/page.php?PgID=283986&ClubID=596)

neil50
23-03-13, 11:10 AM
Not sure if I will still have the Sumo then as I am looking to sell her. But if do still have her could be great fun.

Chrisy A
23-03-13, 10:17 PM
Hi Neil,

It is a really great atmosphere with an eclectic mix of great cars.
well worth a visit if you still have your Sumo.
Keep an eye out for this thread as I am sure times and locations of a possible meet will be confirmed a little closer to the time.

Nice to here from you Malcolm, hope to see you soon.

Taxed and back on the road next month, so if any one local fancies a run out, message me.