View Full Version : Dax Wingmirrors

Blainey
28-03-13, 10:48 AM
........Wanted or IVA compatible ones.

Thanks

James

JonnyT
28-03-13, 12:27 PM
Hi James. I have the ones that we used for the SVA if they are any use to you - it passed with them on.

I'll have a look tonight and try to take a picture or two if you would be interested, but you can just about see them in this photograph.

Phase 8 - SVA & Testing (http://www.sounds-legal.com/Photogalleries/Phase8/FrameSet.htm)

They are not unpleasant - they are just square rather than round that we wanted.

JonnyT
28-03-13, 12:33 PM
Can't even find the edit button now - that link doesn't work - it just leads you to a picture of a beautiful car partially obscured by an oaf of a mate...!

Try this:

All sizes | 004 - The finished car on the road being tested | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9359231@N07/8596784815/sizes/z/in/photostream/)

Blainey
28-03-13, 02:55 PM
Thanks Jon

You have a PM

Blainey
09-05-13, 06:01 PM
Bump!

Still looking for a set of these.......

garyjettrike
10-05-13, 12:29 AM
how about these there IVA compliant

MattS6
10-05-13, 06:45 AM
how about these there IVA compliant

I like those! Do they fit with the wind deflectors? Is that just a new bracket to mount them there or are the mounts completely new?

david hemmings
10-05-13, 07:52 AM
Hi gary, saw those at stonleigh on your car ( really lovely car by the way ! ) i looked and thought they couldnt be iva friendly as the arm doesnt fold back, have you gone through iva yet ?

garyjettrike
10-05-13, 09:25 AM
Hi Matt & David,
As you will by now have seen, DAX have also fitted the XCS mirror to their new demonstrator which has wndwings. Both can be fitted quite successfully as long as the mirrors are mounted using the second hole up.

The spring back facility is only actually a requirement for IVA if the mirror extends beyond the plan-view body profile and, in fact, DAX did have the XCS mirrors in place for the test - so all tried and tested!

david hemmings
10-05-13, 11:12 AM
Mext question then where do i get them and how much are they :)

garyjettrike
10-05-13, 05:32 PM
Mext question then where do i get them and how much are they :)

Hello again David,
We've got all the machined parts - they just need polishing & bending. We've also got the mounting studs to finish off but we're in the hands of our supplier when it comes to the mirror heads.

As soon as we get a quantity price from them, we'll be able to give you a meaningful quote. We anticipate that they'll need to be a little bit more expensive than the standard DAX items but certainly not enough to worry about. Watch this space!

Blainey
11-05-13, 01:05 PM
looks great Gary - as does the car..... Have you any more photos as this is exactly the look im going for?

garyjettrike
11-05-13, 06:03 PM
hears some more pics we have moved the mirror up one hole and put edging on for IVA in this position you can still fit the wind wings

snipes427
09-09-14, 02:43 PM
Hi Gary I have just read this post and I am also looking for mirrors for the IVA Have you got the price and where I can get these mirrors
cheers

Julius

kdavies3
10-09-14, 09:01 AM
You only need a drivers side mirror and a screen centrally mounted mirror for IVA.
Passenger side not required.
I had both but when I fitted wind wings later on the passenger side became useless so now removed.

garyjettrike
10-09-14, 10:56 AM
Hi Gary I have just read this post and I am also looking for mirrors for the IVA Have you got the price and where I can get these mirrors
cheers

Julius

Hi Julius if you contact Peter Walker on the XCS website he will give you a price XCS Designs and the Camber Compensation & Anti-Roll (CC&AR) Suspension System (http://www.walker-partnership.com/)

snipes427
10-09-14, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys will do and let you know how I get on.

Another question Can anyone tell me how much to tax cobra 350 chevy DVLA table confusing

Cheers
Julius