PDA

View Full Version : Soon to join the fold

DrBob
22-05-13, 02:06 PM
Hi - just by way of introduction, I'm from Ferndown, Dorset and about to commit to a GD Mk4 Euro Cobra build starting this coming winter. Done a fair amount of reading around the subject and for a first project, I don't want to get too deep into geometry settings, tweaking suspension and so on - I'm confident from the postings on this site that the GD guys will hold my hand through the difficult bits. I currently own a TVR Tuscan2 S, so I'm hoping for similar performance. Probable engine choice at this stage will be LS3 ~450bhp.

I'll probably set up a blog when things start happening - I really appreciate others who have done this although everyone seems hugely more knowledgable than me before they start!

cobracol
22-05-13, 02:24 PM
Hello and welcome Bob, hope you have a great time building, try to get to as many meets as possible, they will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for your own build, regards Col

kdavies3
22-05-13, 02:32 PM
Hi Bob and welcome,
GD Euro nice choice, i assume you expect to do some track days then?
Andy and the GD gang will help you get it set up for sure.
I believe the Euro is only available as a roller ne'st pas?
That will save you a lot of work.

Lloyd Barnes
22-05-13, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=DrBob;468456] I currently own a TVR Tuscan2 S, so I'm hoping for similar performance. Probable engine choice at this stage will be LS3 ~450bhp.
[QUOTE]

Welcome to the fold Bob. The GD is a nice car and suits the LS. Think I'm right in saying the LS will add best part of 150 ft/lbs of torque to the equation over the TVR? If so and as both cars weigh the same its unlikely you will be disappointed! :razz:

There is a huge amount of support from us similarly afflicted souls so no need to worry about lack of knowledge at this stage. You'll soon pick up what you need to know and where you need advise there's plenty on offer. :-)

keane
22-05-13, 05:03 PM
Hi Bob, Dave from Broadstone, there are a few guys around so you wont be on your own, my door is always open, I have a Dax, but handy with most things, if you need help/advice or whatever just give me a shout, happy to help. Dave

LordG
22-05-13, 06:02 PM
Hey Bob, welcome.

I too am in the process of searching for a build and am siding with a GD MK4 Euro. Have you been to see Andy and GD? I am there next wednesday so looking forward to a test drive and asking lots of questions.

when are you thinking of pushing the button? or have you already placed a deposit?

Neil

Elanore427
22-05-13, 08:26 PM
Ah pitty will miss u G as I will be there on the Tues to ogle the T70 :)

LordG
22-05-13, 09:39 PM
Ah pitty will miss u G as I will be there on the Tues to ogle the T70 :)

yeah, thats a shame. Don't eat all the biscuits tho! :-)

Happy Jim
22-05-13, 09:43 PM
Hi Bob,
welcome to th mad house, fire away with any questions, there's always someone around that's solved a problem you may run up against.

regards

jim

DrBob
27-05-13, 04:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Already met a couple of local Cobras - great guys, great machines. Can't wait to get started! My wife has decided on colour already - Candy Apple Red with an air brushed spitting cobra on the vent! What can you say? ;)

Elanore427
27-05-13, 06:32 PM
with an air brushed spitting cobra on the vent! What can you say? ;)

Oh god... ;) at least you will be recognisable at meets lol.. If you like the red check out this snake for inspiration:
427SC Shelby Cobra Roadster (http://www.anitafred.net/Cobra.htm)

keane
27-05-13, 07:21 PM
Hi Bob, good to meet you, paul and your good lady today, I'm pleased if I gave you some inspiration to start your project in the future. Dave

DrBob
27-05-13, 07:24 PM
I think 'Cobra hybrid' is showing us the way!
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachments/newbies/26295d1369075683-update-car-image.jpg

JoBushell
03-06-13, 11:30 AM
Welcome Bob,

I'm just starting my GD Jag build - so not totally the same as your plans but will likely be doing body at the same time as you... my chassis is scheduled for August factory slot so will be starting to bolt bits together soon.
Cheers
Jo