PDA

View Full Version : Four Ashes

stokeflyer
03-06-13, 05:48 PM
Thinking of going to the Four Ashes classic car meet this thursday, just wondered if anyone else is up for it? Usually get a good collection of cars and bikes, planning on getting there around 7ish or could meet down the road at the spread eagle.
Rich

Easylife
03-06-13, 10:28 PM
Working mate but am going to Newark on the Sunday 16th even though no main traders!

stokeflyer
04-06-13, 12:15 PM
No worries Simon, have you checked out the exhibitors for Newark?
Rich

Easylife
04-06-13, 01:49 PM
Newark Kit Car Show - 15th & 16th June 2013 - Newark Showground (http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/) shows all the exhibitors on PDF download guide. . Hope the weather holds out ?

stokeflyer
04-06-13, 04:16 PM
Newark Kit Car Show - 15th & 16th June 2013 - Newark Showground (http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/) shows all the exhibitors on PDF download guide. . Hope the weather holds out ?

There definatly seems a few names missing this year, you'll still enjoy though, lots of cobra's for inspiration for you, just get praying for the sunshine to keep up.
Rich

jonny m
04-06-13, 04:32 PM
I'm doing the Cholmondely run Sunday.

Where's the 4 ashes ?

stokeflyer
04-06-13, 04:38 PM
Hi jon,
Its near wolverhampton, will try and find address
Rich

TonyD
04-06-13, 05:47 PM
Hopefully this will work but this is a map of the location.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=four+ashes+pub&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Usually an excellent turnout and some very interesting cars. I'll be going but in the tin top unfortunately.

Cheers,

Tony

TonyD
07-06-13, 12:42 AM
As the weather was so nice for the first time in 10 or more years I actually got the Mrs to accompany me to a car show, and she even enjoyed it, or maybe it was the Kopperberg talking.

Anyway, it was hellish full and as usual a great selection of cars including a pretty original Studebaker looking like an extra out of a Dan Dare film. I'd never seen one in the flesh so to speak.

Four Cobra's there, flying the flag so to speak amongst the lower orders, and thanks to the Dax and AK the Mrs made the executive decision that the interior on the second Lexus Cobra will be black, all black. Not even any piping on the seats.

A cold beer and a 90 minute wander around a field full of interesting and some outstanding cars on a warm, sunny June evening.

What could be better.

Cheers,

Tony

StewbieC
07-06-13, 07:53 AM
Hi Jon,

Isn't it next Sunday 16th?

I'm doing the Cholmondely run Sunday.

Where's the 4 ashes ?

bloke from stoke
07-06-13, 10:32 AM
Great evening out, fantastic company, loads of different cars to drool over and sunny weather, what more could we have asked for. Only down side was me making a prat out of my self when we left, cold tyres and and too much right foot:oops: oooops.

Kind regards Lester;)

stu-pid
07-06-13, 08:30 PM
Great evening out, fantastic company, loads of different cars to drool over and sunny weather, what more could we have asked for. Only down side was me making a prat out of my self when we left, cold tyres and and too much right foot:oops: oooops.

Kind regards Lester;)

Haha so wish i'd have left after you to witness. I know where your coming from though as I had a bit of a drift on, on the plus side Lest at least you remembered to take a coat for drive home :roll::(

Stu

bloke from stoke
07-06-13, 11:21 PM
Bit cool were you mate, yes spun it up at the lights, then went a bit side ways, caught it, lost it again, then caught it again, then gave it a foot full to straighten it out, Di gave me a dig in the ribs, then laughed her head off, going to have to be extra careful when I fit the 4.6, bet someone got it and posted on youtube

Kind regards, Lester

richard mason
08-06-13, 09:40 PM
You are not alone Lest........ I got a bit carried away with the crowd at the lights.
Gave it some large, 1st,,,,2nd,, & a bit in 3rd, are there any cameras on that bit??
Had a great night!
Rich

bloke from stoke
08-06-13, 10:00 PM
You are not alone Lest........ I got a bit carried away with the crowd at the lights.
Gave it some large, 1st,,,,2nd,, & a bit in 3rd, are there any cameras on that bit??
Had a great night!
Rich

Hi Rich, not on that bit, I think there is one further on but we had calmed down by then, any way it was your fault I cocked it up:roll:, as I did not want to look like captain slow after you let loose with your LS powered rocket:lol:.

Great to see you again mate.

Kind regards, Lester;)

richard mason
08-06-13, 10:14 PM
I just knew you'd have to blame someone.......
You would be on your way to Wolverhampton if you had that new engine in!
Cheers mate, Rich.

stokeflyer
08-06-13, 10:56 PM
Had a great night!
Rich

Tut tut, boys will be boys! Lol
Ok i admit it, i did the same :(
Brilliant night though, some amazing cars and great company,
See you all again soon
Rich