PDA

View Full Version : West Mids monthly meet

seph
24-06-13, 09:22 PM
Hello folks,

I am going to try and resurrect the West Mids meet. This was held on the second Sunday of each month at the Black Boy in Knowle, post code B93 0EB. The next meet would therefore be on the 14th July. I will hopefully be changing the location to different venues once we get the meeting re-established, but will keep it at the Black Boy for now.

This was the first meeting I attended, so am going to give the reps job a go and would really like to get the meeting going again

You are more than welcome to pm your email address and I will hopefully be able to get a newsletter sorted, I will also put a list of the dates up.

Paul

TINKA
24-06-13, 09:27 PM
Well done Paul for taking up the rains I wish you loads of luck and hope you get a good response. ;)

oldcobber
24-06-13, 09:38 PM
Hi Paul,

Also well done. A few of us used to go to the Black Boy on the first Tuesday of the month for the classic car meet since the Sunday Cobra meet died out, but I`m sure with a hint of good weather we will be there on Sunday. I`ll pass the word as much as I can and I`ll pm you my email.

Bob

aaronjb
24-06-13, 09:53 PM
That's a nice venue if the weather's nice - sitting by the canal, supping a drink..

tonym
24-06-13, 10:06 PM
Well done Paul, I'm sure you'll get a good response. I'll be there to support you, weather permitting, and I hope all the old west mids crew will be too. Come on guys, Paul's a good bloke, let's make his first meet a really good one!!!

bloke from stoke
24-06-13, 11:05 PM
Hope it goes well Paul and well done for volunteering for the post, hope you get a good turn out mate

Kind regards, Lester

LordG
25-06-13, 09:26 AM
Hi Paul - thanks for stepping up and running this.

I will be up for meeting, but cannot make the first one. Will send you a PM with my email for future meets.

thanks
Neil

MattS6
25-06-13, 12:23 PM
Yup, I'm up for this. Thanks for organising.

TonyD
25-06-13, 05:52 PM
I'll nip along to the meet now that the house re building malarkey has come to an end. Probably wont be in a Cobra but in a Volvo, although I could bring along my refurbished Classic Momo steering wheel.....

I''d drop you my email addy as well via PM.

Cheers,

Tony

Pete38
25-06-13, 07:56 PM
Hi I new here I be there at your meeting with my new cobra.
Is there a time?
cheers

stokeflyer
25-06-13, 10:58 PM
Hi Paul,
May be up for this if weather is ok, have pm'd email for newsletter.
Thanks
Rich

Martin385
27-06-13, 08:17 PM
Hi paul,
will be able to make your first event, look forward to meeting up with you.
I will pm my details to yourself as myself and my wife own a Freehouse Pub which can be used for future meetings.

seph
28-06-13, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the decent response, hopefully the meeting will once again prosper. This Sunday myself and Tonym are going to visit a potential meeting place to add to the calendar. It could be a an ideal chance for an impromptu meeting. Please feel free to come along if you are local to the area or just fancy a drive out. I will be there from about 12.

Ye Olde Windmill Inn
Windmill Lane
Gentleshaw
Nr Rugeley
Staffs
WS15 4NG

Ye Olde Windmill - Pub & Restaurant - Gentleshaw, Staffordshire - HOME (http://www.yeoldewindmill.co.uk/home-5540.html)

Paul

bloke from stoke
28-06-13, 06:08 PM
Hi Paul, Rich and I were planning to put a Last minute meet post up, looks like you have beat us to it, if it's OK with Rich we'll see you there

Kind regards, Lester

seph
28-06-13, 06:10 PM
Lester,

more the merrier, see you there.

Paul

stokeflyer
28-06-13, 06:43 PM
Hi Paul, Rich and I were planning to put a Last minute meet post up, looks like you have beat us to it, if it's OK with Rich we'll see you there

Kind regards, Lester

Looks good to me Lester if the weathers ok, will contact you tomorow when get back from london to make arrangements.
Rich

bloke from stoke
28-06-13, 07:44 PM
OK Rich, no problem

Kind regards, Lester

RCCob
28-06-13, 10:16 PM
Looks good to me Lester if the weathers ok, will contact you tomorow when get back from london to make arrangements.
Rich

Hi Guys, if you are coming down through Rugeley A51 give us a call and we will tag on with you. let us know your plans:)

Russ

Martin385
29-06-13, 12:20 PM
Look forward to seeing you guys at the Ye olde windmill tomorrow.
The weather is looking good for sunday.
any problems with directions etc please contact me and I will help.
regards
martin

Ye Olde Windmill - Pub & Restaurant - Gentleshaw, Staffordshire - HOME (http://www.yeoldewindmill.co.uk)

TonyD
30-06-13, 12:19 AM
I'd like to turn up but I'm up to my elbows in bodgetastic LPG plumbing and sequental injectoring tomorrow. I'm practising on my Volvo snotter to see if its feasible on something a bit more highly tuned and powerful.

If it goes to plan eventually I'll have one of Mr Yamamotos finest V8's putting out 500 bhp with 32 mpg at 80 mph cruise fuelled at 77p per litre.

Cheaper than chip fat.

Either that or I'll be like a Viking burial ship heading into the distance with a strange barbeque smell.........

Well the kit was £100 complete secondhand off ebay, complete with a half full tank which I had to vent to atmosphere today.:eek:

Cheers,

Tony

stokeflyer
30-06-13, 10:05 PM
Good run out today, it was nice to meet up with everyone, great pub and food, thanks Martin for your hospitality, hope to see you all again soon
Rich

Martin385
01-07-13, 12:09 AM
Yeah it was a nice sunny day, glad you all enjoyed the run out, shame about a few satnavs, sending you up the little country lane though!

look forward to meeting up again at the Blackboy in a few weeks, fingers crossed we get a nice warm day again.

seph
01-07-13, 08:36 AM
May I just add a big thanks to Martin, you have a lovely pub. The Sunday dinner was excellent. A great turnout too, with 6 Cobras, considering it was a last minute thing.I know some of you cannot make the Blackboy as it is a bit of trek.

How about we add an extra one in at Ye old Windmill for the year say either the 18th or 25th August

Paul

bloke from stoke
01-07-13, 11:32 AM
Great day out, weather, Pub,host, food and company all excellent, I for one would be up for another meet at The Windmill.

Kind regards, Lester

PS well done to Paul for organising.

RCCob
01-07-13, 08:49 PM
Food was great, Jane loved the vegi lasagna, we would be up for another meet at The Windmill. We just have to go the long way round as its only 10min away from our house.

Martin385
01-07-13, 09:11 PM
Well, it was a nice sunny day, and glad you enjoyed the hospitality etc..

The Cobra,s have been the talking point in the pub today!!
Got no problems with the dates you have mentioned btw 18th 25th August is good...
As suggested by the pub fairing folk who eat and drink at the Mill.. I will tape off the area in front of the Pub, just for the Cobra cars..till you guys get there.
A few of the regulars who took a few photos...want to see the cars all lined up..

Will speak to Paul to confirm the date,
but thanks guys for turning up...

regards

martin