PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!!!

Frazzle
04-07-13, 11:01 AM
Hi,
I have been looking around various threads for a while and have decided, after a visit to JK in Bicester, to order a Crendon for my build.
Sadly I dont have a date but I think a rolling chassis will be the way to go for me so it may take John a bit longer to supply.
Already have some ideas for the build but I am always open to ideas and suggestions.

Regards

Fraser

braincol
04-07-13, 11:39 AM
Hi Fraser,

I'm not too far away from you - I live in Colwall between Malvern and Ledbury. Currently finishing a Viper with a 5.7L Chevy, though rather more slowly than I would like. Be good to meet up ?

Regards,

Brian Evans.

dingocooke
04-07-13, 11:46 AM
Nice one Fraser, you wont regret it I am sure; I certainly have not regretted any of my 3 Crendons!! great car, and a fab guy, prob going out in mine tonight for a hoon around, then off to a local car show sunday.
Delivery wise, I know last time I spoke to John he was stacked out and he has had a few more orders since; so LOTS of time to get your other stuff collected!!
Time to get lots of things finalised, go and look at a few finished cars too, and youll build up a list of what you want!

Lloyd Barnes
04-07-13, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the place Fraser. As Steve says, JK is always a busy man. Even if you ordered today you'd most probably be looking at well into next year before you got the chassis so worth planning ahead as much as budgets will allow.

Decision one is what engine type to use as JK will need to know this at some point. Small block or big block Ford is your range of choices! :-D Given Crendon is your chosen kit then I'm guessing you are looking to build a car that is intended to look fairly original?

dingocooke
04-07-13, 03:17 PM
........Given Crendon is your chosen kit then I'm guessing you are looking to build a car that is intended to look fairly original?.......

Can you imagine what would happen if he tried to build anything but that!!!! Death by JK for sure ;-) :-) :-D

Lloyd Barnes
04-07-13, 04:58 PM
A most painful death due to insertion of a Chevrolet block in the rear end :-D

TINKA
04-07-13, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the mad house and nice to see someone else building a nice Ford engine.