PDA

View Full Version : I may regret this.... but.....Goodwood Revival outfit

KevinW
07-07-13, 02:06 PM
Have started to think about my outfit for the Revival in September.
Last year's EZ rider outfit didnt go down at all well when i tried to gain entry to the Pits - see prev post a year ago.

I cant bear the thought of turning up in a blazer, tie and panama, so been trying to think of something else, that might also be 'acceptable' ;) and wont cost the earth.
So considering classic mechanic/racer with white overalls, shirt and tie.

So..... surfing the next I came across a company offering white overalls with Castrol emblems for about £40.
Seemed a lot, so I have found another company that will produce overalls and your choice of printed logo front and back for about £15-20.

Would any others be interested in a job lot with AC on the back, and something like Thames Ditton Works, on the front top pocket area.
The alternative would be a 'CS' Shelby emblem on the back and/or Shelby American LA written on the front (oh shit Ive just been sued).

.... or some other logo.

Paul B
07-07-13, 04:53 PM
Yes, I have also been pondering the problem as I am sadly short of the necessary style genes !!

I like the idea of the CS emblem etc. if you cannot get enough for a group buy, can you let me have the company's details to make my own purchase ?

Thanks

Paul

neilcatele
07-07-13, 05:58 PM
This may be of interest Northern South NZ: Manufacturers for Classic Look Race Overalls (http://www.northernsouthnz.com/overalls.html)

Neil

JohnC
07-07-13, 10:02 PM
I wont be going sadly, I assume chicken farmer dungerees woukd not be appropriate?

John

Bigblock
07-07-13, 10:40 PM
Kev, brown coat from army surplus, aka Arkwright, BMC or Ford badge etc, small check shirt, tie and you are sort of there for a 60's type mechanic

neilcatele
08-07-13, 06:27 AM
If they are authentic 1960 dungarees it should be fine, you may be asked for proof of authenticity.... :-)

FatBoy
08-07-13, 06:41 AM
I use this place:

Vintage Years - Costume Hire and fancy dress from 1940s / military to period and medieval to film (http://www.costumehire.co.uk/)

These aren't "fancy dress" costumes, they are the genuine article. I've used them for three Goodwood Revivals and will definitely use them in the future.

Paul

robcob
08-07-13, 08:32 AM
If they are authentic 1960 dungarees it should be fine, you may be asked for proof of authenticity.... :-)

I know somebody from stoke that wears dungarees:).

Rob

stu248
08-07-13, 10:24 AM
Hi Kev

I would definitely be interested, made my own last year with white overalls from work and a few cobra/shelby patches, but didn't feel quite right when I got there and saw the effort everyone else had gone to! Hopefully they do a short, rather rotund size!!

Cheers

dingocooke
08-07-13, 12:44 PM
KevW I am sure Aaron told me you were going as a cheerleader this year??? ;-) :-) :-D

Have fun whatver you decide!!

KevinW
08-07-13, 03:23 PM
KevW I am sure Aaron told me you were going as a cheerleader this year??? ;-) :-) :-D

Have fun whatver you decide!!

er, yes, provided you deliver on the other half of the rumour..... Rock Hudson lookalike with half chaps and a cowboy hat, ......then Im all yours, precious!

tonym
08-07-13, 06:59 PM
er, yes, provided you deliver on the other half of the rumour..... Rock Hudson lookalike with half chaps and a cowboy hat, ......then Im all yours, precious!

I see the Crendon boys are off again :roll: :-P

GARY
08-07-13, 10:47 PM
Hi Kevin,
if you do get a group buy i would`nt mind a pair myself maybe the Carroll Shelby emblem on, that would be great,
Gary.

hifihedgehog
09-07-13, 06:52 PM
I'll use this loosely connected opportunity to post a picture of me and mrs hedgehog dressed up for last year's revival just in case anyone is after some inspiration for an alternative costume. Our theme was late 40's Country Bumpkins dressed up in the cleanest clothes they could find. Wifes dress is granny approved authentic polyester.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zXJjI5b5yMY/UdxbIJbXHtI/AAAAAAAAAs0/Twy2Hc_oYaQ/s1600/P1070501fadedcolour.jpg

FatBoy
10-07-13, 09:45 AM
The photo even looks period with that slightly washed out colour effect, well done. :)

This was me and my daughter a couple of years ago:

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01190-med.jpg

Paul

Dixie
10-07-13, 10:03 AM
Have started to think about my outfit for the Revival in September.
Last year's EZ rider outfit didnt go down at all well when i tried to gain entry to the Pits - see prev post a year ago.

I cant bear the thought of turning up in a blazer, tie and panama, so been trying to think of something else, that might also be 'acceptable' ;) and wont cost the earth.
So considering classic mechanic/racer with white overalls, shirt and tie.

So..... surfing the next I came across a company offering white overalls with Castrol emblems for about £40.
Seemed a lot, so I have found another company that will produce overalls and your choice of printed logo front and back for about £15-20.

Would any others be interested in a job lot with AC on the back, and something like Thames Ditton Works, on the front top pocket area.
The alternative would be a 'CS' Shelby emblem on the back and/or Shelby American LA written on the front (oh shit Ive just been sued).

.... or some other logo.

Yep I would be up for that Kev.

Mark

jwyatt
10-07-13, 10:12 AM
sounds like a great idea please count me me in for a couple
thanks

KevinW
10-07-13, 11:52 AM
OK,Im going to let this run for a bit to see the interest, and then respond.

CD427JAG
10-07-13, 02:56 PM
Count me in for a couple of the AC Thames Ditton ones.
Charlie

nealgs
10-07-13, 09:08 PM
this is myself a 7 mates at Revival 2009. It was a Stag Do for one of them, brilliant time, awesome atmosphere. Great facilities, and weather too.

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/data/664/IMG_5407-sm.jpg

Gary

Murray
10-07-13, 09:41 PM
26714Me 26715 The Missis 26716 and Grandkids. Goodwood 2012.