PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop smiling :-)

namgalsipsclar
09-07-13, 08:23 AM
Have put a deposit down on a Dax 5.7 with Supertube chassis from Hallmark Cars over in Hainault. A big thanks to Mike for a wonderfully pleasant buying experience, and to Paul and the rest of the team for making us so welcome. The guys are making a few adjustments to the car (free of charge) to get it set up just right and (much like on this forum) their enthusiasm was joyously infectious :-) Picking her up in a couple of weeks - will post some pics. If anyone in the Marlow-ish area is up for meeting up next month, give us a shout. (Clive - I'll send you a message...)

britbits
09-07-13, 08:52 AM
well done that man, welcome to the world of cobras, be carefull they do bite the unwary, regards Dave B

namgalsipsclar
09-07-13, 02:04 PM
Thanks Britbits :-) I'll certainly be wary - it's funny, I've always found the more power I have, the slower I want to go!
And thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice since I joined. Great club and forum.

A

neil50
09-07-13, 05:55 PM
If you cant stop smiling now, wait until you have the car :) I still smile every time I open the garage door, don't even have to be driving her. Welcome to the forum and hope you have lots of fun, don't forget the pictures (if you can get them to upload)

namgalsipsclar
09-07-13, 06:20 PM
Thanks Neil! Can't wait :-)

Any tips on uploading?

islander
15-07-13, 03:36 PM
welcome ! i often open the garage door and stare at it , then think of an excuse to take it up the road !!! the other day i wanted a bottle of ale which is a 3 minute walk to the local store..... guess what i did :) and why not ?

mine has bitten me once so now i show respect !

enjoy ! tony

Turbycat
15-07-13, 07:36 PM
I've had my AK for 5 days now! Every time I walk out the house I have to check it's all ok in the garage! I also needed some bread rolls for lunch today, again a 3 min walk to the local co-op. Funny thing is it took me almost an hour in the Cobra!! :p

Andy

namgalsipsclar
17-07-13, 12:48 AM
Thanks Tony :-) Get the feeling I too may have to keep opening the garage to stare at it. How did yours bite you? I'm not planning on pushing it, but it'd be good to know if there's anything in particular to watch out for... Andy

namgalsipsclar
17-07-13, 12:54 AM
Looks like you picked a great week to get your AK, Andy! :-) I live a 3-minute walk from work after 12 years commuting 55 miles each way - hence finally being in a position to get the car of my dreams. But now I'm thinking a daily drive might be in order - even if I have to go round the block! Enjoy the AK. Andy

pete knighton
17-07-13, 04:38 AM
Well done nam ( can`t spell namgalsipsclar) it can bite every time you put your right foot down, worst when damp, take it easy for a bit till you get used to the handling and power, then enjoy, best put your name so we know who we are talking to, get over to Silverstone week after next so we all can see it, pete

namgalsipsclar
17-07-13, 06:20 AM
Thanks Pete :-)
The name's Andy - will try and update my details so it shows up that way. I also need to put the Dax in my signature - I'm picking her up today!!!
And thanks for the good advice - I'll definitely treat the car with respect. Will look into Silverstone too.
Cheers, Andy

kdavies3
17-07-13, 09:36 AM
Andy, if you want to go to Silverstone just be aware that tickets will not be available on the gate.
They are only available through the box office until the 25th.
Someone on here may a spare or two I think.
See the ongoing Silverstone thread in the events section.
Hopefully see you there.

namgalsipsclar
17-07-13, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up Kev. Will have a look online :-)

clive a brown
17-07-13, 10:08 AM
Hi Andy, Have a great day!!!

cheers clive

namgalsipsclar
17-07-13, 11:21 AM
Thanks Clive! So excited :-)

I'm actually free tomorrow evening if you're up for a visitor?

Cheers,

Andy

clive a brown
17-07-13, 12:43 PM
Hi Andy, Might be popping down the local in the cobra tomorrow, so either there or here would be fine..

cheers clive

namgalsipsclar
19-07-13, 06:48 AM
Darn it! Sorry Clive, just saw this - I even drove through Lane End last night! I'll keep a packet of hobnobs in the glovebox and try calling you on the off chance next time I'm out that way :-)