PDA

View Full Version : toploader gearbox

kitcarsareus
21-07-13, 08:46 AM
Morning all

There is a couple of toploaders going on ebay

FORD 4 SPEED 1968 TOP LOADERS | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251306128452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

The guy will split if they don't sell first time round but not before.

question is, is there anyone who is looking for one and if so I'll bid on them and we can sort out the details later?

As you can see from the link they are both off small block Mustang's and they are both wide ratio.

cheers

Lloyd Barnes
21-07-13, 08:50 AM
Don't forget to check the casing length. If ou can be them for £450 each it will be the bargain of the century!

kitcarsareus
21-07-13, 09:10 AM
Don't forget to check the casing length. If ou can be them for £450 each it will be the bargain of the century!

Thanks Lloyd

Question now sent.They do look like short tails though can you remember which is correct for the Crendon?

Sod's law though that two pop up on the same listing.

cheers

KevinW
21-07-13, 02:39 PM
be prepared to do a rebuild on them too!

JohnC
21-07-13, 06:33 PM
Thanks Lloyd

Question now sent.They do look like short tails though can you remember which is correct for the Crendon?

Sod's law though that two pop up on the same listing.

cheers

Good spot Kiel, if they turn out to be the right boxes at the right money, it woukd be worth buying both, rebuilding both and knocking one on to help fund the build, plenty of people woukd buy one I am sure, including me!

I was hoping to get a 'box after taking delivery and paying the balance on my chassis, but I am watching them closely!

Cheers

John

kitcarsareus
21-07-13, 06:54 PM
Good spot Kiel, if they turn out to be the right boxes at the right money, it woukd be worth buying both, rebuilding both and knocking one on to help fund the build, plenty of people woukd buy one I am sure, including me!

I was hoping to get a 'box after taking delivery and paying the balance on my chassis, but I am watching them closely!

Cheers

John

Hi John

Yes that was my plan too but s**t happens LOL.

I'm in the same boat as you with only the deposit in JK's (very) capable hands.

I could probably get the funds (plus carriage) for one but not both (assuming the bids don't go bannanas)

cheers

JohnC
22-07-13, 06:21 PM
Hi John

Yes that was my plan too but s**t happens LOL.

I'm in the same boat as you with only the deposit in JK's (very) capable hands.

I could probably get the funds (plus carriage) for one but not both (assuming the bids don't go bannanas)

cheers

Looks like they ended with no bids.............did you offer to take them off his hands to save him the trouble of the auction......?

kitcarsareus
22-07-13, 06:46 PM
Hi John

Nope didn't get a chance the listing was removed early.