PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear springs and dampers.

Superfly37
18-08-13, 08:36 PM
Hello again, I need to buy a full set of springs, dampers and front mounting brackets. The chassis is for a later version (twin roll over bar type) SRV8. I am about to fit a Salisbury 3.54 diff and will be fitting a 351 Chevy or Windsor if I can find one with a Tremec box. My question is: what are the best dampers and springs (ratings etc), and where can I get them and those two lower brackets that fit to the lower wishbones? Thanks again Andrew. Ps: thanks to all concerned for the advice given regarding diff ratios.

Clarkson
18-08-13, 10:10 PM
Hello again, I need to buy a full set of springs, dampers and front mounting brackets. The chassis is for a later version (twin roll over bar type) SRV8. I am about to fit a Salisbury 3.54 diff and will be fitting a 351 Chevy or Windsor if I can find one with a Tremec box. My question is: what are the best dampers and springs (ratings etc), and where can I get them and those two lower brackets that fit to the lower wishbones? Thanks again Andrew. Ps: thanks to all concerned for the advice given regarding diff ratios.

I use Gaz shocks and springs,speak to Dave @ dampertech.

Madgwicks should be able to make you the shock plates, but I do believe they have a different set up as the don't use a front anti roll bar and recall them using 1000lb front springs:shock:

My springs are:

Front 450lbs at 9inch length 2.2id spring
Rears 4x 225lbs 8inch length 1.9 spring