PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Electrical Power Steering Torque control that varies with Speed!!

Philip
20-08-13, 09:35 PM
We have developed a control unit that can vary the Assistance the Corsa B and C EPS gives depending on the vehicle speed.

Its fully programmable, basically you drive at the speed you want it to switch between assistance levels and press a button. It remembers the speed and automatically switches the assistance.
It needs a 12V pulse from a speed sensor, the sort of thing you will prbably already have feeding your speedo.
See here for more details:
ExtraEFI.co.uk HOME (http://www.extraefi.co.uk/CorsaPSA.html)
thanks
Phil

aaronjb
21-08-13, 12:36 PM
Any guidance on cost, Phil? I can't see a price there..

Philip
21-08-13, 12:50 PM
Im hoping to keep it under £100, we will be doing the first 5 or so at an introductory price of £75 and then we hope to sell them for £95 as long as we can get the parts in at a good price.

We can also offer sensors if people dont already have them, but most speedos these days need a 12V proximity to drive them, so its just a case of hooking into that and plugging the unit it into the EPS,
thanks
Phil

tonym
21-08-13, 02:57 PM
Does it come complete with all bits Phil?? :-)

Philip
21-08-13, 07:50 PM
only if you pay for it :)
Phil

aaronjb
22-08-13, 11:25 AM
Sounds pretty good to me .. and saves me having to put my electronics hat on ;)

I notice you can't order via the website at the moment so .. is there still chance to get in as one of the first five? If so I might save myself the £25 now, otherwise I'll wait until I actually need it (soo about 2025 before anyone says it! ;))..

dave
22-08-13, 01:20 PM
I don't know if this needs bearing in mind but....
When I fitted an LS engine in a car the GM ECU required an input from the speedo but when I tapped into the wires it stopped the speedo from working for some reason.
I got around it somehow but can't for the life of me remember what I had to do now!!!

Steve
22-08-13, 03:25 PM
thats the difference between electronics and electrics.........once you stick anything through a pcb it all gets very "techie" unless you know what you are doing

kitcarsareus
22-08-13, 04:11 PM
Electric power steering!!!

If I mentioned that to JK he would be on the next train up here with a big stick!!:D

cheers

aaronjb
22-08-13, 04:13 PM
I don't think he makes house calls for beatings anymore .. he just sends the Crendonista to deliver the kiss of death ;)

kitcarsareus
22-08-13, 04:23 PM
I don't think he makes house calls for beatings anymore .. he just sends the Crendonista to deliver the kiss of death ;)

I can handle the death but the kiss from some of the guys on here WTF!!!

cheers

Philip
22-08-13, 08:52 PM
The advantage of this system is that it wont give much assistance at higher speeds. So you get the benefit of having assistance whilst parking but you can still feel the road at speed.
When Tony approached me about this I was surprised that the only option was to have a variable resistor to set up how much assistance you wanted, but nothing that varied with how fast you were going.
If anyone wants one then let me know, email me before the end of September (2013) and I will do them for £75 plus £5 postage.

Dave, dont worry about the load on the existing sensor, Ive designed it to have a very large input impedance, so it wont load the sensor. I have my Speedo, ECU and this controller all connected to my sensor and its fine :)
thanks
Phil

tonym
22-08-13, 09:28 PM
Well mine has arrived and it looks an impressive bit of kit with good instructions. It won't be for a few weeks before I get chance to try it out but I'll keep you all informed :-)