PDA

View Full Version : Cobra sold for $1.1million at the weekend

Deck
24-08-13, 08:08 PM
Hi hi.
Got myself a lovely birthday present of a catalogue for a classic auction in the US that took place last weekend. Even though there is a recession on
150 people spent $112m on cars in 2 days!

I thought Lot 37 might be of particular interest to some of you guys?! I'll get back with lot 13 if this goes well.
It's been a big fight getting these resized and permitted to upload so I hope they come out ok. Have another 4 pages to come...

I'm also making no apologies for posting this down here. There's been too little activity on this particular forum of late.

Cheers!

Deck
24-08-13, 08:12 PM
so, here's the rest.
I hope the quality is appropriate?!
Enjoy!

kitcarsareus
24-08-13, 09:02 PM
Very nice

Haven't seen those wheels before and she looks like she has only one pusher.

Like the dual quads look like 715s to me ;)

cheers

KevinW
24-08-13, 09:54 PM
thanks for posting- good thread.
sunburst wheels and single pusher were standard fitment on roadsters. the wheels look quite skinny in the 427 rear wheel arches.

i trust you all noticed the trico washer bottle :-P

cobracol
24-08-13, 10:24 PM
Very nice!, Thanks for taking the trouble and time to do this Declan

Deck
26-08-13, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, here's another one
I hope the file size is ok and I'm not clogging up peoples band width. I've fibre in work here and its hard to remember what it used to be like!?

Anyway, this was guiding a bit higher and has a few more pages. I'm not sure there's a co relation but if it was me selling...
I'd love to put the whole book up, there's lots of quality Ferraris and Alfa's and Astons and Mercs and even Schumacher's 3 time GP winning 2002 F1 car! (2,255,000)

Some idiot spent $9,460,000 on a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT 14 louver Berlinetta. Imagine telling that to your mates down the local Tesco carpark or Monte Carlo or wherever!?

I hope these are of interest.

Deck
26-08-13, 10:40 AM
Ok, here's the rest of lot 13.
I'd better go and do some work now ;-)
Cheers!

KevinW
26-08-13, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, here's another one
I hope the file size is ok and I'm not clogging up peoples band width. I've fibre in work here and its hard to remember what it used to be like!?

Anyway, this was guiding a bit higher and has a few more pages. I'm not sure there's a co relation but if it was me selling...
I'd love to put the whole book up, there's lots of quality Ferraris and Alfa's and Astons and Mercs and even Schumacher's 3 time GP winning 2002 F1 car! (2,255,000)

Some idiot spent $9,460,000 on a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT 14 louver Berlinetta. Imagine telling that to your mates down the local Tesco carpark or Monte Carlo or wherever!?

I hope these are of interest.

not an idiot, i think, but also possible not really a petrolhead either....most likely a banker or aristocrat. and tesco.....with that sort of money you own tesco! once a week your man, Mr Al Fayed, chugs up the enormous gravel drive in a traditional bakers van to deliver your groceries, personally, from his little shop in Knightsbridge.

- the thing is theise cars dont get driven. When you've got that sort of cash, you put them into storage, might do an occasional parade lap if paid a suitable starting fee, and wait to sell them on at a profit.
If you want to race it, then you pay a man to build you a nut'n'bolt replica that, shush, noone knows about, stamped up with the same chassis parts etc, machine the block and re-stamp with the old engine number and race that. £200k all in, and who cares if gets smashed up.... just adds to the original cars 'history'. or maybe im just a cynic ;)

Bezzer7
30-08-13, 01:42 PM
Hi,
Interesting pictures, lot 37 looks very like mine, any offers.............