PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 05:17 PM
Today was one of those cheesy grin times in the build, the Cobra drove out of the workshop under its own power :D still some work to do but its getting there.

Richard1977
09-12-13, 05:48 PM
Looking good mate well done hopefully mine will get to that stage one day if funds and time permit prefabley at the same time would help .

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 06:02 PM
Exactly what I was saying a few years ago, its wonderfull how life gets in the road and funds hmmmm never enough of those for everything we want to do lol.

Richard1977
09-12-13, 06:16 PM
How long have you been building for rob ?

1dayiwill
09-12-13, 06:23 PM
Congratulations. Great looking car. I see some IVA mods: Got a date in mind?

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 06:29 PM
Congratulations. Great looking car. I see some IVA mods: Got a date in mind?

End of Jan maybe into Feb, depends on when they give a date as well, IVA center moving in January and the new test center is a lot closer to here so waiting. Hopefully all the niggles and bugs will be out by then. I've been doing bits and bobs this past couple of weeks for the IVA some other bits got worked on. Made extra infill panels for under the dash over the weekend to keep the testers mushroom shape object out :D but i'll miss a few things I bet.

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 06:52 PM
How long have you been building for rob ?

Started in around Sept 2009, had to go back and look at the blog (http://robscobra.blogspot.com/) there, However I had a gap of almost 2 years to the day until November this year before I got back to it, just life in general got in the road, this past month has been flat to the mat.

Turbycat
09-12-13, 06:56 PM
Looks very nice. Bet you can't wait to get it on the road :cool:

Andy

steve_h
09-12-13, 07:03 PM
very shiney is it gel or paint, interior goes well with the outside

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 07:11 PM
very shiney is it gel or paint, interior goes well with the outside

Its Gel coat I wanted to see how well it would come up. have a colour scheme in mind if I decide to spray it in a few years time. Interior 2 tone on the leather was an theme I had done on another car so GD got their upholsterer to do the red and black leather seats for me.

kitcarsareus
09-12-13, 07:28 PM
Its Gel coat I wanted to see how well it would come up. have a colour scheme in mind if I decide to spray it in a few years time. Interior 2 tone on the leather was an theme I had done on another car so GD got their upholsterer to do the red and black leather seats for me.

Looking good

Got me thinking if anyone has "wrapped" a Cob?

PS noticed that little black'n white rascal sneaking into the shots;)

cheers

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 07:40 PM
Aye thats our we staffie Diesel, wouldnt be without him :)

As for wrapping a Cobra, it has been done by a chap over here who does that for a living, good enough but corners etc do show up.

kdavies3
09-12-13, 07:49 PM
John Arnold (SnakeBitten) on here has his Dax wrapped in Gulf colours too.

1dayiwill
09-12-13, 08:48 PM
I'm sure all will be fine. Just another hurdle among many.

Cobra Rob
09-12-13, 09:11 PM
It's all good fun but a few grey hairs later we all get there :)

beef
10-12-13, 05:05 AM
its the absolute boll*#ks in the pics Robbie. Just looks right, purposeful and rather menacing..... You'll suit it well!

JimmyJazz
10-12-13, 07:23 AM
Looking good matey, don't forget to cover the clock adjuster with something.

Cobra Rob
10-12-13, 01:05 PM
Cheers Beef :) hi Alan still some IVA work to do the wee rubber boot is on the list for the clock. Had a quick rummage the other day but nothing in the box of rubbers to fit ut snug. Will have to get a wee bleed nipple rubber or something in town.