PDA

View Full Version : Best christmas present ever

PWink
19-12-13, 10:48 PM
Got the best Christmas present ever on Saturday morning. It was from myself though, ha ha

Cobra Rob
19-12-13, 11:01 PM
Thats fast work Roll hoops and all fitted, looking good tell us more, any extra xmas presents coming :D

PWink
20-12-13, 06:22 AM
I got a bit carried away on the tick list when ordering so have the steering, rad, fuel tank, pedal box, hoops, shocks & springs and a few other bits. Should keep me busy over the hols.
Already refurbished the diff and running gear so can't wait for so time off to get started.
Phil.

kdavies3
20-12-13, 08:26 AM
Hi Phil,
what flavour of Cobra is that, I can'tell from that shot?
Best Guess AK from the roll bars?

Tell us more of your plans and time scale.

BTW welcome aboard. :D

PWink
20-12-13, 08:41 AM
Hi Phil,
what flavour of Cobra is that, I can'tell from that shot?
Best Guess AK from the roll bars?

Tell us more of your plans and time scale.

BTW welcome aboard. :D

Thanks Kev,
Yep its a Gen1 AK.
I'm going to get the rolling chassis minus engine built up over the next year or so while saving up to get a Chevy Small Block, probably 6.3. I hope, all depends on funds.

TINKA
20-12-13, 09:54 AM
Hi Phil, now that's what I call a Christmas present. Happy building there a few of us with AK's in the area if you ever have problems or want a hand.

PWink
20-12-13, 10:23 AM
Hi Phil, now that's what I call a Christmas present. Happy building there a few of us with AK's in the area if you ever have problems or want a hand.

Thanks Martin.
You might regret saying that. ha ha

Cheers,
Phil

Miket
20-12-13, 10:25 AM
Thanks Kev,
Yep its a Gen1 AK.
I'm going to get the rolling chassis minus engine built up over the next year or so while saving up to get a Chevy Small Block, probably 6.3. I hope, all depends on funds.

Over the next year, get your finger out man, bare chassis to very nearly rolling out of the garage in 6 days, check the picture dates ;) :D :D

Welcome and enjoy the build, don't let the Christmas dinner get cold :)

Chimeara
20-12-13, 10:45 AM
Pfft could to it in two with all parts ready to go and axles previously reconditioned.

kdavies3
20-12-13, 10:47 AM
I seem to remember that DB's fastest Dax was 67 hours (with all parts available and to hand.) :D

neilcatele
20-12-13, 12:10 PM
(with all parts available and to hand.) :D

This is the key, be aware of lead times, my gauges have been the worst item, it pays to check if things are stock or made to order...

It does put a grin on your face, mine is still there from February....

Neil

tommy-boy
21-12-13, 07:25 AM
Whoop whoop long live the Gen1!!!

Have a read of my blog mate if you want some pictures and my build progress to date.

I took my chassis delivery on valentines day..... My true love!! Lol

JoBushell
21-12-13, 09:08 AM
Hi Phil,
Brilliant, I have a similar photo from October. Enjoy the journey. I now have my gen 1 rolling, just finishing off brake pipe fixings. I can vouch for Tommy's blog being useful.
Cheers
Jo

Eon
21-12-13, 11:26 AM
You could of at the era least put a bow around it!

Purple AK
22-12-13, 10:34 PM
I seem to remember that DB's fastest Dax was 67 hours (with all parts available and to hand.) :D
Those were the days Kev :-)

PWink
23-12-13, 04:18 PM
Whoop whoop long live the Gen1!!!

Have a read of my blog mate if you want some pictures and my build progress to date.

I took my chassis delivery on valentines day..... My true love!! Lol

Thanks Tommy / Jo,
I've already had a good read of your blog, Very good mate.
Phil.