PDA

View Full Version : Car Shows in the North East

Ian C
20-02-14, 10:38 AM
Following a prompt from Don (DonP on forum) I have obtained some details of the Classic Car Show to be held on the links at Whitley Bay on Sunday 21st September 2014. The event is organised by North Tyneside Council and, in response to my enquiry, they are happy for replicas of classic vehicles to attend the show.

Whilst tracking down the organisers I came across the NECPWA (North of England Classic & Pre War Automobiles (formerly North East Club for Pre War Austins)) Club. Some of there members will be showing cars at the Whitley Bay event but they also organise a series of shows in the North East. They have kindly invited “us” (members of the UK Cobra Replica Club) to show our cars at their next show at the Riverside, Chester le Street on Sunday 22nd June 2014. If enough cars and people want to attend they are willing to set aside a dedicated area for a UK CRC stand.

As I don’t, at this moment, have a Cobra replica on the road I now need to ask whether anyone with an OTR car is interested in attending car shows starting with the NECPWA event at Chester le Street. I am happy to act as a coordinator if needed but it might be better if someone with a car that is on the road and who wants to show their car organises these events.

So, is anyone up for this? I have attached below the entry form for the Whitley Bay show in September and need to get back to the NECPWA secretary concerning their invitation to show our cars at Chester le Street. Could anyone who wants to take over the arrangements or show their car at Chester le Street PM or email me for the details.

Best regards,
Ian