PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Daytona - Shell Valley unfinished project

Tehill
25-02-14, 09:21 AM
For Sale: Shell Valley Cobra Daytona unfinished project

I've spent £30k and am looking for £23k. Take advantage of the 2007 exchange rate of $2.01 to £1.00 - this may be the cheapest way to get an imported Daytona kit!!!

I bought this kit from Shell Valley in 2007 and have steadily built it up to a "95% finished state" over the last few years. The arrival of two small boys and the associated house move has left me with no space or time to finish it off. It runs, drives, stops but needs the last few bits finishing off to get it through the IVA and on the road.

Ford 302 V8 from Engine Factory. Follow link for exact spec: 302 Ford compare to Ford Racing | Ford Crate Engines- Mustangs, Cobras Replicas (http://www.fordcobraengines.com/engine/302-350-hp-cobra-kit/)
Tremec TKO500 manual gearbox
Lamborghini blue paintwork with painted white stripes and traditional half-and-half blue/white rear end. Roundels and sponsors on the doors/wings are removable decals.
Black carpet throughout with brushed stainless steel dash, tunnel panel and door kick plates.
Immobiliser
Hinged rear window giving access to huge boot!
Built with close attention to IVA test manual to maximise chances of a first-time-pass!

I've been through the car and compiled a comprehensive list of what needs doing to finish it off or you can strip it back to the bare kit and "make it your own" - happy to discuss.

I've obviously got loads more info so give me call with any questions. Tom - 07775 628084

The only disadvantage is that I live in Helston at the far end of Cornwall!!

craigh
26-02-14, 01:30 PM
Good luck with the sale, looks a nice piece of kit. If you still have it later this year i may call in on my hols and take a look!

KevinW
26-02-14, 01:33 PM
That looks like a good car!
Maybe worth specifying if it has been built for a new registration or via a donor reg.
Is it ford mustang parts underneath?

Murray
26-02-14, 07:55 PM
Not that far from me, I am very tempted to ask to see it. Not that I have the room or the funds at the moment to buy it, however it looks so good !! What exactly needs doing to finish?

Lloyd Barnes
27-02-14, 08:28 AM
Seems a shame to give up Tom when you are so close?! Lovely looking thing. :-)

Elanore427
27-02-14, 10:30 AM
Why not just shelve it for a few years?

Tehill
27-02-14, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all your interest - it's officially sold now!

kdavies3
03-03-14, 12:42 PM
Well Done, sold to anyone on here?;)

Lloyd Barnes
03-03-14, 12:57 PM
Perhaps Anthony bought it? Seemed a very good deal for someone setup to finish it off. :-)

Chimeara
03-03-14, 01:56 PM
Nothing to do with me. I did express an interest and I looked at it but my current available funds and wedding commitments ruled me out of this one. Nice kit though.

No idea who it ended up with.