PDA

View Full Version : Coke can back with its owner

motormoose
13-03-14, 11:58 PM
The Coke Can brought to light by Dingocook i believe is back with its owner , saw it in Surbiton today ,seems £70,000 not cheap enough .:o:o:o

KevinW
14-03-14, 07:45 AM
.... thought it had gone to germany?

dingocooke
14-03-14, 12:10 PM
Unlikely, I spoke to the buyer just yesterday, to explain how to use the immobiliser. He was in Germany.
What was the reg. of the car you saw in sunny Surbiton?

P.S. I don't live there!!

motormoose
15-03-14, 09:22 PM
Its definately a c reg same stripes roushe engine etc ,and spoke to the chap back end of last year when he told me car was going because of health problems .Ithen saw him driving a new Audi V10 ,so assumed that was his new toy ,but saw him this week back in the cob ,but hey may just be a coincidence ,next time will get reg no for deffo he only lives down the road from me ,although i dont think he likes conversing with plastic car owners .

FatBoy
16-03-14, 08:07 AM
I think you're mixing up you "coke cans". This isn't the Kirkham that Steve bought. His didn't have any stripes and had a FE motor in it.

Paul

FatBoy
16-03-14, 08:11 AM
Incidentally, how do you know it had a Roush engine in it? I'm not claiming to know all the Kirkhams over here, but all the ones I do know have FE's in them.

Paul

Richard1977
16-03-14, 10:18 AM
I've lived and worked in Surbiton for 35 years and I've never once seen a cobra where are you all hiding

dingocooke
16-03-14, 05:33 PM
Sorry Motormouse but you are talking rubbish.
Mine was a D reg, in bare aluminium and not stripes, engine built by American Speed Specialies, definitely not Roush, and a 428 FE.
The day you 'saw' it, I was on the phone with the new owner of in Germany, talking him through the immobiliser.
It's clearly another car, end of.

motormoose
16-03-14, 09:07 PM
The first post on this thread took me to a car on pistonheads used 1965 Kirkham 427 i believe silver with black stripes ,roushe engine etc etc .I believe this is the same car that lives in Surbiton ,that car i believe is the car i saw this week ,and by the way Richard,if you live and work in Surbiton i am more than willing to show you 3 cars that i know of .I may of course pushed the wrong buttons to this original thread ,but hey i am a mere mortal and quite new to this forum stuff .

motormoose
16-03-14, 09:38 PM
To add on to my previous thread the ref took me to the AC,superformance 402 .So is it that i didnt enter the actual ref number seperately.

Richard1977
17-03-14, 05:42 AM
Hi motormoose please don't get me wrong I believe you they are there I just never see any anywhere let alone Surbiton. Would love to meetup have a cuppa some time . Is yours on the road or still building. Your more than welcome to come over and see my ak about yo fit the shell in the next few weeks .

dingocooke
17-03-14, 10:28 AM
To add on to my previous thread the ref took me to the AC,superformance 402 .So is it that i didnt enter the actual ref number separately.

Hi Motormouse (name?)

Totally different type of fake snake you're looking at there, if my memory serves, that was a fibreglass car, and not related to my old coke can, which was a Kirkham 427

As old chairman Mao said 'a picture is worth a thousand words', here's a shot of my old coke can, so you can see the difference

Cheers
Steve

Neil O
17-03-14, 12:53 PM
Maybe what he saw was a copy of your copy of a copy? ;)

dingocooke
17-03-14, 01:43 PM
Yea; is that kind of an air, air car??

kitcarsareus
17-03-14, 06:19 PM
Yea; is that kind of an air, air car??

Steve

Are yah missin' her?

motormoose
17-03-14, 09:15 PM
Hi there again,thanks for the reply and pic of your old car ,work of art for sure.I believe the car i am talking about looks to be a metal car,i remember the owner telling me how close it was to an original and that it cost him £90,000 so i assumed it to be an ally body .But next time i see it i will home in and get the spec .by the way my name is Brad aka MOTORMOOSE bye for now .;);):)

motormoose
17-03-14, 09:31 PM
Hi Richard was it not you i met with at Epsom Downs back end of last summer you was in a green cob with hardtop and with your friend who had a red ferrari .? If it was my car was the pale blue with white stripes ,if it wasnt sorry my mistake as i know thereis another Richard on here .

Richard1977
17-03-14, 09:34 PM
Hi Brad know it wasn't me you met. I was always busy for the downs meet hope this year fingers crossed. My cob is still in build stage at the moment. Any chance of a look over your car at some point ?

motormoose
17-03-14, 09:43 PM
yes of course where in Surrey are you ,as you can probably guess i live and work in Surbiton .

dingocooke
18-03-14, 09:01 AM
Steve

Are yah missin' her?

Nope, after 6 Cobras, I think the itch has been thoroughly scratched fella!

Neil O
18-03-14, 09:03 AM
Nope, after 6 Cobras, I think the itch has been thoroughly scratched fella!

Well you did have the best there is at one point. ;)

dingocooke
18-03-14, 09:06 AM
Hi there again,thanks for the reply and pic of your old car ,work of art for sure.I believe the car i am talking about looks to be a metal car,i remember the owner telling me how close it was to an original and that it cost him £90,000 so i assumed it to be an ally body .But next time i see it i will home in and get the spec .by the way my name is Brad aka MOTORMOOSE bye for now .;);):)

Hi Brad
My old car only had two owner, me and a guy in Margate, and was never painted. There have been a few Superformance cars sold, the majority of them were glass fibre, but they did do ali ones too, I think with Kirkham bodies?
Somebody else will come along and advise better 'KEVIN........' :-)
Soon be summer, have fun in your car!!
Steve

dingocooke
18-03-14, 09:07 AM
Well you did have the best there is at one point. ;)
Very true :-)

KevinW
18-03-14, 09:51 AM
Hi Brad
My old car only had two owner, me and a guy in Margate, and was never painted. There have been a few Superformance cars sold, the majority of them were glass fibre, but they did do ali ones too, I think with Kirkham bodies?
Somebody else will come along and advise better 'KEVIN........' :-)
Soon be summer, have fun in your car!!
Steve

...you called, Sir? ;)

FatBoy
18-03-14, 03:19 PM
Very true :-)

But that one went to Germany. ;)

I'm not aware of any aluminium bodied Superformance Cobras and I've never heard of Kirkham supplying Superformance with bodies. Doesn't mean it didn't happen of course. :)

Paul

runt
18-03-14, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=dingocooke;493708]Hi Motormouse (name?)

Totally different type of fake snake you're looking at there, if my memory serves, that was a fibreglass car, and not related to my old coke can, which was a Kirkham 427

As old chairman Mao said 'a picture is worth a thousand words', here's a shot of my old coke can

The purposeful LA International Airport '65 ambience, indeed ! Love this angle. Best wishes for a non recurrence of Obsessive Cobra Disorder Steve....... mine is..... incurable.. ;) Paul

dingocooke
20-03-14, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=dingocooke;493708]Hi Motormouse (name?)

As old chairman Mao said 'a picture is worth a thousand words', here's a shot of my old coke can

The purposeful LA International Airport '65 ambience, indeed ! Love this angle. Best wishes for a non recurrence of Obsessive Cobra Disorder Steve....... mine is..... incurable.. ;) Paul

Paul, enjoy your coke can, a lot of its dimensions came from my example; Dave and his compatriots will build you a lovely car for certain!!