PDA

View Full Version : DB Replicas relationship with Day Cars

dave
20-04-14, 03:16 PM
Sorry for this rant post but sometimes some things need to be put to bed.

One of my customers was at a show yesterday and was chatting to an unknown AK owner.
The AK owner informed him that Dax had taken away all the kits I had of theirs.
Just how this is possible I'm not quite sure. But logic and gossip rarely go hand in hand.

So here's the deal between me and Dax:-
We have no written or verbal contract and never have had in all the 21 years we have been doing business together.
They manufacture and sell parts and I buy them, it is as simple as that.
Any kits I have from Dax are fully paid for by me or my customers before they leave the Dax factory. I carry no "On account" stock belonging to Dax.
This arrangement has served both Dax and myself perfectly well over the 21 years we have known each other.

Anyone with half a grain of intelligence would realise that the scenario of Dax taking kits back would make no sense at all.... but is does make juicy gossip, if you are thick enough to believe what ever shit is served up in front of you.

I doubt the person who said this was sharp enough to have made it up, so I can only conclude that it was dreamt up by someone else and they swallowed it.

And no I don't feel any better now :(

runt
20-04-14, 04:13 PM
Some strange, sad people out there Dave :( .. Does this dreamer imagine you ordered 156 Dax body/chassis all those years ago.. and kept them... where? When, back in 2005/6 I first got interested in the Cobra scene (real or replica) as a potential buyer I imagined there'd be a refreshingly friendly relationship amongst manufacturers/builders/parts suppliers in this niche market. And indeed the good terms yourself, Cheng, Anthony and others are on is good for everyone and interwoven with the top support for self builders on here. A bad apple in every basket I guess. Paul

Chimeara
20-04-14, 04:31 PM
Dave

Unfortunately the world is full of people who will not let the truth stand in the way of a good story

If I had a pound for each time someone tried a jealous, malicious or mis informed attack on my businesses then I'd never need to look at a car or house again

The facts are were still here doing what we do best. You can't please everyone so don't even try

The truth will out as it always does and the person responsible for the start of such rumours is always found out

Go have a beer, get that coke can finished and get it exhibited. That will put some good stuff in people's pipes so they can smoke it. Of course it will probably bring even more rumours to

david hemmings
20-04-14, 05:47 PM
Would think you must be their best customer surely by a mile , would doubt they would even be bothered that you are producing your own model as it is for a completely different type of customer anyway, no doubt you will still get plenty wanting a dax , look forward to seeing the complete db427 in the metal so to to speak soon looks great so far !!

tonym
20-04-14, 07:14 PM
As a grade A shit-stirer and AK owner I can confirm it wasn't me!

Purple AK
20-04-14, 08:15 PM
As a grade A shit-stirer and AK owner I can confirm it wasn't me!Me neither! 3 r's in stirrer BTW Tone ;-)

robcob
20-04-14, 08:49 PM
Me neither! 3 r's in stirrer BTW Tone ;-)

Stop stirring it chris:).

Rob

Purple AK
20-04-14, 11:19 PM
Stop stirring it chris:).

Rob
I don't stir Robbie. I only speak out about people who take money and don't deliver! Which doesn't apply here.

Adrian Shropshire
05-05-14, 09:21 PM
Chill out Dave, everyone that knows you know that you are straight and honest! No need to say anything else.

chillidoggy
14-05-14, 08:01 AM
I though there was no 'F' in stirrer?