PDA

View Full Version : Garage Meet - Sunday 1st June

Ian C
23-05-14, 12:07 PM
A New Venue & a New Cobra Replica (well new to us anyway) to see.

If you are looking for an excuse to get out for a short drive, some good company, a chat over a lovely Red Dax & a bacon buttie then this is for you.

The venue will be Don's courtyard near Morpeth on Sunday (1st June) morning (full details to follow).

Please PM or email if you are up for the meet.

Hope to see you there.

Ian

PS I shall not, unfortunately, be attending in the newly finished & IVA'ed Sumo as the kind people at the DVLA have lost my registration application - and I thought building the car was the hard bit!!!!

Ian C
27-05-14, 08:34 PM
Just a subtle bump to this thread.

I have heard a whisper that good weather is on the way for next weekend so don't miss a chance of a nice run out in England's most scenic county.

Hope to see you on Sunday (PM for details)
Ian

tommy-boy
27-05-14, 09:35 PM
As on email mate. Me for sure not sure how long for, as have plans for around 16:00

I know you know this, it's just so others reading this thread can see that people are planning to attend.

Any joy from your fellow Pilgrim builder?

Ian C
27-05-14, 10:04 PM
Tommy,

So far there will be you, me, Malcolm, Geoff (Green Dax) and possibly Howard (Unique Autocraft Python) plus Don our host (red Dax).

I will send you directions as soon as received.

See you Sunday.
Ian

PS DVLA have now found my application but there is a 3 week backlog!!!

Ian C
01-06-14, 10:09 PM
A last minute change of venue, forced by Don’s unexpected work commitments, saw the cream of the North East CRC cars heading to Forest Hall instead of Morpeth. Once again Malc had arranged superb weather although failed miserably on the bacon buttie front – sorry but croissants are for Peugeot drivers (actually they were delicious as was the coffee, thank you).

Geoff timed the fitting of the new DB side pipes to his Dax perfectly so that the run up to the Garage Meet was their first outing together - we heard him coming as he crossed the river! The side pipes looked superb, as you can see in the picture, and sounded even better.

Many subjects were discussed without any agreement being reached apart from the fact that we needed to get more Cobra replica owner / drivers to meet up. We agreed to continue to have the garage meets but will also, now the summer weather is here, focus on the scheduled CRC meets at the Manor House Inn.

So please put the 22nd June in your diary for a run out to the Manor House Inn. More details nearer the time, hope to see you there!

Best regards,
Ian