PDA

View Full Version : Another Viper hits the road

braincol
14-06-14, 09:48 PM
Drove our Viper for the first time on the road today on our way to a pre-booked MoT. Not strictly necessary but a good first venture to sort out brakes, speedo, headlights and tracking. After getting thoroughly bemused by the electrics, I got Anthony to finish the car and he did a beautiful job including the interior in traditional dark blue carpet and magnolia leather with blue piping. Somehow managed to do 32 miles ! A couple of issues such as engine heat in the cockpit and no provision for turning down the heater, but these will get sorted, then it's on to IVA. Not sure whether our 4-point static Willans harnesses are ok?

Anyone know how many Vipers are up and running ?

Brian Evans

Classic Replicas Viper, 350 Chevy, Jag running gear

kitcarsareus
14-06-14, 09:59 PM
Drove our Viper for the first time on the road today on our way to a pre-booked MoT. Not strictly necessary but a good first venture to sort out brakes, speedo, headlights and tracking. After getting thoroughly bemused by the electrics, I got Anthony to finish the car and he did a beautiful job including the interior in traditional dark blue carpet and magnolia leather with blue piping. Somehow managed to do 32 miles ! A couple of issues such as engine heat in the cockpit and no provision for turning down the heater, but these will get sorted, then it's on to IVA. Not sure whether our 4-point static Willans harnesses are ok?

Anyone know how many Vipers are up and running ?

Brian Evans

Classic Replicas Viper, 350 Chevy, Jag running gear

Brian

She's a fine looking car, is the steering wheel OK for IVA?

cheers

langbond 15
14-06-14, 11:38 PM
I have a cobretti been on the road 5 years just got it through sva before iva was introduced

1 cobretti in bridgwater - steve

Dek
15-06-14, 07:39 AM
I have a Cobretti too :)
Nice looking car by the way.
Dek

braincol
15-06-14, 08:28 AM
Brian

She's a fine looking car, is the steering wheel OK for IVA?

cheers

Kiel and Duncan,

No I don't think that steering wheel would pass IVA, but I have Jaguar one which will.

Brian

Murray
15-06-14, 09:32 AM
Here's mine. Registered as a 64, never had a SVA/IVA. :roll:
29140At Goodwood Revival last year.
Well done with yours, it looks good. Best of luck with the IVA.

digger782
15-06-14, 05:48 PM
Hi I have a Brightwheel Viper on the road since 1990
good luck with the IVA
Graham