PDA

View Full Version : July Meet

Ian C
30-06-14, 11:32 AM
All,

Well, the longest day is well passed and we are spiralling down towards winter with ever increasing rapidity (or at least so it seems so to me). So it is time to make a stand and enjoy what is left of the summer!

This is an early call for all good men & true to attend the Manor House Inn on Sunday 20th July 2014 to celebrate their love of Cobra replicas, in all their diverse guises and uses. As I now have my Sumo on the road I will be there and hope to see as many members of the N.E. & N. Yorkshire CRC as are able to come – especially those whose cars inspired me on my build quest.

Timing and details to follow nearer the time. If enough are interested we could organise a road trip – I came back over Carter Bar recently (A68 border crossing into that dark & brooding land – fantastic drive!!!) and, if the border is still open, that could be a possible route.

Regards

Ian

Ian C
13-07-14, 11:10 AM
All,

I will be going to the Manor House Inn on Sunday 20th July whatever the weather (though that statement now seems like tempting fate!) and I am hoping to see some other CRC cars & members there.

My suggestions for the timing / format are -

Meet up, at the Manor House Inn, at 11:00am (or earlier for a chat).

If the weather is any where near decent a road trip at 11:30. My preference would be a blast up to Hartside, along the A68; A69 then the A686, then back to the Manor House Inn via Nenthead & Blanchland (that should give the SatNavs a challenge!!). It should take about 2 – 2 ½ hours so we should be back at the Manor House for 2pm ish.

If anyone wants a Sunday lunch (which are highly recommended!) then this could be pre booked for 2 or 2:30 – I’ll need the numbers so let me know if you want the Sunday lunch. The other option would be to go for a bar meal which would not need to be booked

Let me know your thoughts and any other suggestions for the meet.

Hope to see you a week today!!!
Ian

Fireball-XL5
14-07-14, 09:57 AM
Hi Ian,
I'll be there for 11am hopefully although not in the cobra as I'm still on with the rebuild - maybe next year it'll be finished.....
Congrats on finishing yours off and getting it through the IVA.

James

Ian C
14-07-14, 10:36 AM
. . I'll be there for 11am hopefully although not in the cobra as I'm still on with the rebuild - maybe next year it'll be finished.....

James,

Excellent, look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Hopefully it will inspire you to get OTR this year!!!!

Regards,
Ian

Fireball-XL5
14-07-14, 08:32 PM
This year! ha! Hopefully I'll have my wiring harness built, fully wrapped and tested by the end of the year. Foolishly I decided to draw my own wiring diagram and build it from scratch. I didn't realize it would take so long but as long as I'm happy with the end result....

Ian C
14-07-14, 08:58 PM
. . . . . I didn't realize it would take so long but as long as I'm happy with the end result....

Never was a truer sentiment uttered!!!

Good luck with it
Ian

glip
16-07-14, 06:46 PM
Well, fingers crossed for fine weather, I could do with a good blat!

See you there.

cheers
Geoff

Ian C
17-07-14, 09:06 AM
Well, fingers crossed for fine weather, I could do with a good blat!

See you there.

cheers
Geoff

Geoff,

I have put a golfing umbrella in the boot so I am ready for anything.

See you Sunday,
Ian

glip
17-07-14, 01:03 PM
Ian,

Well, I think I'll put the hood in the boot (must remember to take the frame - wouldn't be the first time I've forgotten it!) and I'll be Rain-X'ing the windscreen as the wipers have never been that great!

Cheers
Geoff

Ian C
18-07-14, 01:43 PM
Well the weathermen/girls can’t seem to make up their minds so what chance do we have?! Anything from thunder & lightning with torrential down pours & localised flooding to sunny with the occasional shower seem to be the two extremes.

To cater for all situations it would seem prudent (not sure that "prudence" and "Cobra replicas" are compatible!, anyway) to have the option for a last minute change of plans or even cancellation. To this end if you are thinking of coming could you PM me your contact number & I will keep you posted of any change of plans.

I suggest that the default is that the meeting is ON unless you hear to the contrary.

Hope to see you on Sunday
Ian

Ian C
20-07-14, 09:50 PM
Well we did not need either the hood or the golfing umbrella - the weather was kind to us!!!

Disappointing that we only mustered 2 Cobra replicas - Geoff's venerable green DAX and my Sumo on its first proper Cobra meet - and James who is still renovating his Dax and has now, hopefully, been given an extra incentive to get it back on the road.

After 90 minutes of hearing how Dax do this, I did it this way, mines not got that fitted, how did you . . . . . etc etc I managed to prise Geoff away to go and do what Cobra replicas do best - drive. As Geoff had a navigator he led the way up to Hartside on the wonderful A686. Following was no hardship as I was able to enjoy the double sound track of two of Dave Brookes finest - I honestly never stopped smiling all the way. There is definitely something different about keeping company with another Cobra replica, it brings a whole new dimension to the enjoyment of driving.

After a leisurely refreshment break at the Hartside Cafe, in the company of what seemed like hundreds of leather clad bikers and lycra wearing cyclists, we set off on the return leg following the C2C bike route. Unfortunately the highways agency had seen fit to freshly grit some of the minor roads and this took the shine (literally) off the earlier miles. We were soon up on the wild moors crossing the Pennines and dropping down to the Derwent Reservoir and back to the Manor House Inn for another refreshment break.

All in all a fantastic day - big thank you to Geoff's able navigator who did a superb job from limited route nots. Lets hope this inspires more to join us at future meets.

Ian

Fireball-XL5
21-07-14, 10:24 AM
Inspired to finish I certainly am Ian. It was good to me other club members and their very fine motors. I would love to have been on the journey but following in my Japanese Impreza didn't exactly fit in.
However I did go home and nearly finished off running my cables - only a few earths to route now and the question of do I have an oil pressure warning light, fog light or reversing light?
I'll have to get the bacon butties in and organize a garage meet......

glip
22-07-14, 02:14 PM
Yep, we had a great afternoon blatting around in the sun (so much so I had to get out the After Sun for my forearms and nose when we got home!).

Hopefully see a few more of the North East contingent out for the next run :-)

Cheers