PDA

View Full Version : Dax for sale

cobranick
10-07-14, 04:17 PM
I had this built by a guy who did not read the IVA book, it is complete but needs experiance, technical knowhow and patience to get it through, i have none of these qualities. I have 30k in it and am cutting my losses

16k and its yours

Dax Tojiero kit

350 chevy V8 with no cert of auth, 1995-2000 in year
4 barrel holly carb
5 speed Tremic gearbox
Jag XJS V12 axles fully rebuilt
fully adjustable suspension
paint is pirate black
cream leather interior

Thats as much as i can tell you

cobranick
10-07-14, 04:18 PM
some more photos

cobranick
10-07-14, 04:19 PM
29383 and some more photos

david hemmings
10-07-14, 04:51 PM
Not that much would need altering wouldnt have thought , why not get someone close with some knowledge of getting a cobra through iva to look it over, i went through iva with mine only few months ago and isnt something to worry too much about as they are very helpful, i wouldnt throw in the towel just yet as you ate virtually there !

aaronjb
10-07-14, 04:56 PM
I would have thought a professional builder like Dave or Anthony would be able to get that through test for you for fairly minimal outlay - certainly less than the ~14k you're going to swallow by selling it!

Richie
10-07-14, 05:32 PM
It might be worth putting it through expecting to fail, at least then you would have a list of points that need looking at!

It's probably not as bad as you're expecting.

Purple AK
10-07-14, 06:57 PM
Can't see a lot that's needs sorting TBO? Loose the spinners, new mirrors, nose splitter and maybe rear lights. £500 should sort all of those. :-)

cobranick
10-07-14, 10:41 PM
its the engine thats the issue, no cert of auth, needs cats, i dont have the know how or the money

dave
11-07-14, 06:34 AM
The cats and emissions issue should be a piece of cake to sort out.
I see you have the Dax side pipes. These are designed to be opened up. So adding the cats is as easy as it gets.

TINKA
11-07-14, 07:51 AM
Don't do it take a step back and then get in touch with Dave or Anthony, they will sort it out no problem.

Lloyd Barnes
11-07-14, 08:57 AM
What they said!!

Once complete it will be worth £25-£30k..... or to put it another way £9-£14K more than you are asking for it now. Assuming its not bled you completely dry then getting someone who knows what they are doing to put it through must make financial sense, plus you at least get to see it done even if you then sell it? If nothing else you'll get a few weeks of fun before it goes?

Given its a Dax and Dave is the closest of the two, I'd start there.

Yellowbelly
11-07-14, 09:33 AM
There is some seriously good advice given here. For a relatively small outlay you could save yourself losing thousands. It doesn't look like your car will need much after all Dax designed the kit to pass IVA. There are quite a few of us in the area if you need any inspiration. You have created a very nice looking car but it would be a shame to let someone else make a serious profit on your hard work. Stick with it, contact the people suggested on here and very soon you will have the permagrin that comes with these cars.