PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth based Pilgrim with stroked 305ci SBC

The Great Redmondo
31-07-14, 02:33 PM
For Sale - Pilgrim Cobra Replica with Small Block Chevy V8 – G510WNJ

Factory built by Pilgrim in 2005, this fine example of a Cobra has had extensive work done on the engine to enhance its reliability and performance.

Finished in Ford Pacifica Blue metallic with dual Le Mans white stripes.

Originally fitted with a 305ci (5.0 L) Small Block Chevy using a Ford Sierra Cosworth as the donor vehicle, this vehicle has been stroked to 335ci (5.5 L) producing 300bhp and 305 ft/lbs of torque (before and after Dyno graphs included in car data pack).

There is a genuine reason for sale.

The car has had three owners, the original owner being a Lynx pilot hence the compass in the dash!

In addition to the fitting of the stroker kit, additional improvements have been made during current ownership:
- oil cooler replaced (2011)
- Dizzy replaced (2011)
- Electronic ignition added (2011)
- New Battery fitted (2012)
- Rear tyres replaced (2014)

Taxed until Dec 2014 and MoT’d until Mar 2015.

Specification
335ci Small Block Chevy Engine
Power: 300 bhp
Torque: 305 Ft/Lbs
5 speed manual transmission
Front and rear nudge bars with over-riders
Twin stainless steel roll bars
Toughened glass wind wings
Chrome round period door mirrors
Moto Lita wood rimmed steering wheel
Tonneau cover
Full hood
Twin sidepipes
Wheels: 17inch Halibrands with spinners
Tyres: 215/45/ZR17 front (Fulda Extremo ) and 235/45/ZR17 (Dunlop SP01)
Disc brakes all round
Battery isolation device (x2)
Fitted with an immobilizer
Push button start
Polished stainless header tank
Stainless steel lined engine bay
Braided hoses
Full leather dashboard, door inlays, seats and gaters with Navy carpets. Boot carpeted to match.
Mesh grills
Stainless steel stone guards
V5C Log book and HPI clear

HISTORY
This car was originally factory built by Pilgrim in 2005 and was first registered as a Pilgrim in Apr 2005. The car has now done 18000 miles.

The engine underwent a complete rebuild by Interpro Automotive Ltd in Nov 2011 where the stroker kit was fitted. During this period, the distributer was replaced and electronic ignition fitted.

I welcome any inspection via appointment and I am happy to demonstrate the car on dry days only.

The Great Redmondo
31-07-14, 02:41 PM

The Great Redmondo
31-07-14, 02:45 PM

Miket
01-08-14, 09:09 AM
Paul

A price might help with the sale ;)

The Great Redmondo
01-08-14, 10:12 AM
Hi Mike, I was going to let interested parties contact me before discussing price, but as you mention, it might be better if I stated it up front. I am seeking offers close to £23,500.

Paul

tonym
01-08-14, 11:15 AM
In my opinion that's quite high, saying that I genuinely hope you realise it

Paul B
01-08-14, 12:39 PM
In my opinion that's quite high, saying that I genuinely hope you realise it

Did you really have to include the negative ?

How about " I hope it goes well" or nothing at all ?

tonym
01-08-14, 03:15 PM

Sorry my opinion upsets you so much Paul, next time I post I'll consider your feelings first :roll:

Gopper
04-08-14, 02:42 PM

I thought this was a place where people benefit from hearing the views of others? Or have I completely understood the notion of a forum?
'

Paul B
04-08-14, 06:55 PM
It seems to me, and others, that every time a Sumo is offered for sale, the price is almost always condemned as too high. I had it when I offered mine for sale and have seen it so often from certain quarters.

I sincerely hope that when others offer their ( non-Sumo) pride and joy for sale, they are given the same frank opinion on what their car is deemed to be worth by other "experts". I appreciate that Sumo's are often seen as the cheap and not so cheerful participants in the Cobra dick waving contest but does anyone really need to keep offering negativity ?

And yes, it would be good if feelings of others were considered before the keyboard warriors let rip with their expert and derogatory opinions.

tonym
04-08-14, 08:20 PM
The reason why people condemn Sumo asking prices as being too high is because generally....................they're too high! There is a ceiling as to how much any car will sell for and no matter how much money you throw at that car it won't realise much, if any, more than similar ones for sale. I priced my sumo (obviously the best one in the world at the time) for a realistic price and it sold quickly.

If the above comments upset you Paul, then feel free to not read them :roll:

Gopper
05-08-14, 09:22 AM
It seems to me, and others, that every time a Sumo is offered for sale, the price is almost always condemned as too high. I had it when I offered mine for sale and have seen it so often from certain quarters.

I sincerely hope that when others offer their ( non-Sumo) pride and joy for sale, they are given the same frank opinion on what their car is deemed to be worth by other "experts". I appreciate that Sumo's are often seen as the cheap and not so cheerful participants in the Cobra dick waving contest but does anyone really need to keep offering negativity ?

And yes, it would be good if feelings of others were considered before the keyboard warriors let rip with their expert and derogatory opinions.

"Cobra dick waving contest".... "Keyboard warriors"....get a grip for Christ's sake! On a scale of 1 to highly derogatory that original comment scores a 2 maximum.

I have just posted my car for sale, please feel free to offer your 'expert' opinion. I'll most likely disagree with you (especially after this), put it up for sale at the price I believe I should get for it and then have to cut the price at least three times until it hits a level and sells. I (probably) won't get over sensitive about it.

If you just want a place to get your ego massaged and thoughtful comments made regardless of their accuracy, may I suggest you sign up here? https://www.habbo.com/

david hemmings
05-08-14, 09:40 AM
A correct value of 'anything' is only what someone will actually pay you for it,

Bezzer7
05-08-14, 01:39 PM
Not "will" does...

Sidecarbod
05-08-14, 04:57 PM
I've been reading this thread as it has been rather amusing! In terms of a bun fight I think that Tony has done nothing more than throw a single thin slice of Sunbless at most.

Anyway here's my two pence worth.... The reason that the Sumo seems to have a price limit and that limit is rather low is due to the fact Pilgrim used to (and probably still do) market the car as something that you can build for peanuts (well maybe ten grand). Adverts with some bint waving her bra about whilst sitting in a Sumo have not helped at all.

Unless the manufacturer of the car starts marketing it as a quality 'bit of kit' a Sumo stands no chance of making much more than low 20's even if it has a gold plated FE 427 side oiler in it.

AJMHO....of course!

The Great Redmondo
27-08-14, 03:23 AM
Well chaps, some of you just can't help yourselves.

For the record, I am in no hurry to sell, target date for securing a sale (at the appropriate market price) is Mar '15.

Knowing this, which one of you idiots would start a campaign to market the car for sale now with an asking price of what you expected to get knocked down to ?

None of you would do this would you ? We traditionally aim high in the understanding that there is an element of brinksmanship involved, its traditionally called bartering. We all do it and when the owners of these derisory comments want to sell their respective cars, they will do it too, only it'll be alright then because its one rule for them and a different set for all that they condemn.

Thanks to those that have offered support in this thread and to those that have been less than supportive in this 'club' of ours, I hope you have a happy life.

Gopper
27-08-14, 10:22 AM

For the record, I am in no hurry to sell, target date for securing a sale (at the appropriate market price) is Mar '15.

Knowing this, which one of you idiots would start a campaign to market the car for sale now with an asking price of what you expected to get knocked down to ?

None of you would do this would you ? We traditionally aim high in the understanding that there is an element of brinksmanship involved, its traditionally called bartering. We all do it and when the owners of these derisory comments want to sell their respective cars, they will do it too, only it'll be alright then because its one rule for them and a different set for all that they condemn.

Thanks to those that have offered support in this thread and to those that have been less than supportive in this 'club' of ours, I hope you have a happy life.

Such brutes of cars, yet such sensitive owners...

I did enjoy the sales lesson though! Although your post suggests you're probably not a professional poker player.

I wish you all the best for the sale, which is undoubtedly true of everybody else who has made (positive or apparently negative) comments so far!

Highlander
27-08-14, 11:41 AM

Quick somebody phone Guinness, that dummy has to have flown far enough for a new record!! :rolleyes:;)

Joking aside I hope that 'Phoebe' realises what you hope for and a nice new home.

The Great Redmondo
22-09-14, 10:17 PM

Sold...for the asking price !

The poker game was never at this table gents.

Paul

TINKA
22-09-14, 10:50 PM
Well done glad you got the asking price.

KevinW
22-09-14, 11:37 PM
you did well.

Paul B
23-09-14, 07:53 AM
I am glad you were able to get such a good price despite the "expert" advice.

Paul

JordansGhost
23-09-14, 08:20 AM

Sold...for the asking price !

The poker game was never at this table gents.

Paul

LMFAO ....... negativity exit stage left.

corn plaster
23-09-14, 07:47 PM
Good you sold for asking price. It's on ebay,maybe old ad that needs removing but did you sell as a car dealer or private?

The Great Redmondo
23-09-14, 08:10 PM
Sold on my behalf by Cotswold Motorsport.

Gopper
24-09-14, 08:33 AM
Sold on my behalf by Cotswold Motorsport.

Congratulations on achieving your desired asking price!

Although I'm not sure it's really proved anything. Surely selling through a dealer/professional motoring body adds a premium well above that of a privately-listed sale, the type of sale the original inflammatory/expert/harmless (*delete as appropriate) comment was directed at? JMHO of course...

Anyway...too late for me as I've now as I've sold my Dax but I (and no doubt others) would be interested to know on what sort of commercial basis, if any, the sale was made through CM?

The Great Redmondo
27-09-14, 06:39 AM
OK so here it is. Despite comments elsewhere, I was seeking something around £21k for the car. I really was in no rush as the new car doesn't arrive until Apr next year so I had the opportunity to aim high which of course is all any of us would do in the same circumstances.

There was some 'tyre kicker' interest but little else because the price was too high I suspect.

Cotswold MotorSport (CMS) operate on the basis of sourcing cars on behalf of clients most of the time but if they see an unusual vehicle they think they can make money on (think Ferrari, Porsche etc), they offer a sale or return service to the seller.

CSM saw my car advertised and contacted me, I met with them sceptical about how their commercial model might work. They asked what I really wanted for the car, £21k and felt they could sell my car for circa £23-24k easily. They then funded all the marketing and work to get the car to concourse standard once they saw it in the flesh (minor damage to wheel arch require respray, steering column replaced). The car was advertised for less than a week and sold. I am unsure whether they already had a buyer lined up but who cares, the car has gone and I achieved my target price.

Bluestrike
09-05-15, 06:10 PM
That was a fun read!! Plus, I've just bought what I believe maybe a Sumo, god help me!!!! Lol.