PDA

View Full Version : Crofterra Pandemonia

cobrascim
03-09-14, 10:13 PM
Doing this rally this weekend with the Cobra. Organised by the Highland Car Club. The run goes from Inverness Fairways Saturday morning to Portree on Skye. Stay overnight there and travel back to Inverness on Sunday. First time for me but one of mymates has done it several times with good reports. Hoping for good weather to travel up there on friday and come back to Ayrsgire on Monday. Didn't see any other cobras on the entry list.
John.

cobrascim
08-09-14, 10:02 PM
WOW! What an event. Great scenery through Skye, Applecross and Bealach na Ba. Cobras are definately not rally cars but it was an interesting journey!
Julie navigated and did really well although I didn't understand her slow down hand gestures at the time (heehee).
All in all great weekend trip and opportunity to do areas that are off the tourist routes.
Might try it next year and see if the Scimitar is a better rally car.
John.

Highlander
09-09-14, 06:33 AM
Hi John,
I take it you were the only Cobra attending the event? It will be one on my radar once the car is finished:p
Paul.

cobrascim
09-09-14, 07:23 PM
Hi Paul,
We were the only cobra. I chose to do it this year because it was going over to Skye again and I had wanted to go up there in the cobra anyway. I certainly recommend it. But as I said just remember rally cars tend to have a higher ground clearance!
Myself and a few friends in other car types next trip in early October is to go do the lake district passes - Kirkstone and Hard Knot sat. 4th and then up to Kirkbride airfield for a 1/4 mile drag session on the Sunday. Dont know if I'll run the cobra up it - but I might. Dont want any incidents cos I still need to drive home.
Should be good fun.
John.