PDA

View Full Version : England & Scotland Joint Meet??

Ian C
14-10-14, 02:00 PM
The North East & North Yorkshire have a meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month. We are hoping to get out this Sunday, 19th October, and had considered the possibility of a run to the borders, possibly Carter Bar, to check all was well in the North.

If any members in Scotland would like to meet up for a general chat and possibly a short blast around the countryside emulating the Border Reivers then could you shout up.

Best regards,
Ian

cobrascim
15-10-14, 12:02 AM
Hi Ian,
Shouting up! Cobra goes off the road at the end of the month so I would like to get as much running prior to this. Where's Carters Bar? East side I suppose. I'll away google maps it.
John.

Ian C
15-10-14, 12:51 AM
John,

Carter Bar is where the A68 crosses the border. Still only a suggestion at this stage so if you have anywhere else that is on the border shout up again.

Regards,
Ian

kitcarsareus
15-10-14, 06:16 AM
Ian

Sounds like a good call

All we need is a Cob on the road:(

cheers

tommy-boy
15-10-14, 07:57 AM
Count me in kids!! Unless its lashing down. I could do with another hit!! ;-)

Ian C
15-10-14, 09:27 AM
. . . . All we need is a Cob on the road . .

Kiel,

You need to twist a few arms and get some Scottish CRC members & their cars out on Sunday then blag a shotgun ride.

Hope to meet up again soon - if not on Sunday then possibly 9th November when Knockhill have another track day (definitely got the bug!!!)

Ian

tonym
15-10-14, 11:27 AM
Kiel,

You need to twist a few arms and get some Scottish CRC members & their cars out on Sunday then blag a shotgun ride.

Hope to meet up again soon - if not on Sunday then possibly 9th November when Knockhill have another track day (definitely got the ballet shoes and tutu!!!)

Ian

Fixed it for you Ian :-P :-P :-P

kitcarsareus
15-10-14, 10:49 PM
Kiel,

Hope to meet up again soon - if not on Sunday then possibly 9th November when Knockhill have another track day (definitely got the bug!!!)

Ian

We'll keep an eye out on the forecast

Although two meets on the trot at Knockhill will be asking a lot

cheers

Ian C
16-10-14, 07:46 PM
Well the weather forecast is promising for Sunday so unless there are sudden changes for the worse there will be a raiding party heading up to Carter Bar on Sunday.

We would aim to be up at Carter Bar for about 1 pm and will park up in the view point car park. It would be prudent to exchange mobile numbers in case of problems or last minute changes so could anyone who is planning to come PM me their mobile number or, if you are coming in convoy, one number would suffice.

Hope to see some friendly faces across the border on Sunday.

Best regards,
Ian

PS For the avoidance of doubt I will be the one in the Tutu

cobrascim
17-10-14, 12:22 AM
Hi Ian,
Looks like it would be a full day for me to get there/back from Crosshouse,Ayrshire. Going the boring way via M8 and down I would be 2.5 hours according to googly maps. Going the preferred scenic way over 3 hours to get there. Probably a lovely drive over but I've done a couple of long rally type events over the last month so probably unlikely this time for me.
Pity, Cos that would've been a good wee meet up.
John.

Ian C
17-10-14, 09:00 AM
John,

Many thanks for letting me know. The weather would also be against you as it looks like being wet in the west (for a change!).

I think it may be for the best to postpone the cultural exchange between English & Scottish CRCs members till better weather - probably next year.

Thanks for all the replies, keep on keeping on.
Ian

cobrascim
17-10-14, 12:23 PM
I shall spend the weekend trying to put the axle back onto my Scimitar GTE. Wife is moaning about me borrowing "her" car all the time. I have tried to explain that she doesn't have a car and that we have a family car and I have my scimitar(which is supposed to be my everyday car) and my Cobra. It doesn't go to well afterwards!
John.

Ian C
17-10-14, 01:10 PM
John,

Not many men can boast about having a Scimitar and a Cobra and still have a wife!!! - well done (on the marriage that is which, as we all know, is the hardest bit!).

Enjoy your weekend,
Ian

Andy76
17-10-14, 08:40 PM
Ian

Great idea about a meet and definitely something I would be interested in in the future but unfortunately I couldn't have made it this weekend.

Hopefully can get something arranged in the future. Keep up the good work!

Andy