PDA

View Full Version : Any other Cobra's in Cheshire?!

Andy5475
17-10-14, 11:52 AM
Hello All,

Are there are other fellow Cobra owners in Cheshire / North West, and are there any regular meets?

Cheers,

Andy

chesterak
17-10-14, 12:05 PM
I'm part way through a build, I'm in Chester.....

Andy5475
17-10-14, 12:31 PM
Hi Stan,

Good luck with the build. Let me know when you are on the road and we can arrange to meet up.

chesterak
17-10-14, 09:04 PM
Its going to be a while yet........

StewbieC
17-10-14, 10:06 PM
Couple of us a few miles south.

Gary Richards
02-11-14, 06:45 PM
I too am into a build, planned to be on the road summer 2016 - Congleton, Cheshire

John k
02-11-14, 07:21 PM
Hi Andy,I'm in Stockport,their are a few of us around here.We tend to meet up to go to shows etc together.Where are you based.John.

GARY
02-11-14, 07:33 PM
Hi Andy,
i`am based in Urmston, Manchester, i`ve just got mine back on the road after my steering modification, but unfortunately missed summer, now in need of an MOT, but may wait until spring now, as for meets as such i have`nt been to any for a few years, but used to try and get to the Cheshire Lounge, until it stopped having them that is. Shame as it was a great little venue on the 1st and third Wednesdays of the months of Spring and Summer, and a few from the club would turn up, this venue has moved although i have`nt got to it to have an opinion on it, its run by a guy called Graham and basically its for virtually any type of car and bikes for that matter, but started of for American Cars initially, here`s the link,
The Meets (http://www.americanautomags.com/page_2732748.html)

Other than that its an occasional meet at a show or two for me, Manchester Airport one in July is quite a good little one, there are others its just a matter of waiting for Spring i would of thought now,
Gary.

Andy5475
12-04-15, 10:19 PM
Hi John,
Thanks for your message and apologies for not replying sooner. I am in Nantwich, Cheshire. If you know of any shows for this year then I would certainly be most interested in joining yourselves.
Regards,
Andy

Andy5475
12-04-15, 10:22 PM
Couple of us a few miles south.

Hi Stu, thanks for your message. Whereabouts in Shropshire are you? I am in Nantwich, so could quite easily have a drive out on sunny evening!
Cheers,
Andy

stokeflyer
12-04-15, 10:25 PM
Hi Andy
There are a few of us just down the A500 in sunny Stoke
Rich

Andy5475
12-04-15, 10:32 PM
Hi Rich,
Thanks for the message. That is great to hear - I am in Nantwich, so only 20 minutes down the D road to sunny Stoke! Do you have any regular meets or trips out?

Cheers,
Andy

stokeflyer
13-04-15, 01:55 PM
Hi Andy,
I have just put a post up under "Midlands" for a classic & hot rod meet at Stone this Sunday if you fancy it,
in a couple of weeks a few of us will be meeting up and driving together to Stoneleigh, that's usually a good run out too if you can make it?
Rich

Phil h
13-04-15, 03:34 PM
put me down for stonleigh it will be the first time i have not driven solo

stokeflyer
13-04-15, 04:08 PM
put me down for stonleigh it will be the first time i have not driven solo

Hi Phil
The more the merrier, i'm sure the route will be put up over the next week or so :)
On another note you must be the Phil who's wife has the carpet shop?
My friend (one of the Daves from Stafford Security Services) mentioned you.
Rich

Phil h
13-04-15, 04:43 PM
Yes Rich thats me
michelle the wife runs the shop in stafford so knows dave
i didnt know there was two daves lol

Daxman
13-04-15, 11:00 PM
Hi Phil,

As mentioned there's a few of us around here, I'm 5 mins from Manchester airport, have to do quite a few test runs through the tunnels!!!

There is quite a few shows over the summer, airport, didsbury, wilmslow, capesthorne etc. We also do a few runs out to swettenham arms on good eveings they have regular classic car meets.

Russ

Andy5475
14-04-15, 10:19 PM
Hi Andy,
I have just put a post up under "Midlands" for a classic & hot rod meet at Stone this Sunday if you fancy it,
in a couple of weeks a few of us will be meeting up and driving together to Stoneleigh, that's usually a good run out too if you can make it?
Rich

Thanks Rich. I will see what I can do for this Sunday at Stone, sounds like a good way to meet fellow Cobra owns!
Cheers,
Andy

Andy5475
14-04-15, 10:22 PM
Hi Phil,

As mentioned there's a few of us around here, I'm 5 mins from Manchester airport, have to do quite a few test runs through the tunnels!!!

There is quite a few shows over the summer, airport, didsbury, wilmslow, capesthorne etc. We also do a few runs out to swettenham arms on good eveings they have regular classic car meets.

Russ

Hi Russ,
The idea of a few test runs through the airport tunnels sounds like a great idea! I am 30mins from the airport, and would love to join yourselves on any future trips and shows. If you can please keep me posted, that would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Andy

StewbieC
15-04-15, 06:27 PM
Hi Stu, thanks for your message. Whereabouts in Shropshire are you? I am in Nantwich, so could quite easily have a drive out on sunny evening!
Cheers,
Andy
Sorry Andy I missed your reply, just south of Oswestry so about 40 miles from you.

Gav
16-04-15, 06:38 PM
Hi, building but hope to finish this year or early next. Inbetween chester and wrexham.
Regards
Gav

289v8
24-06-15, 10:50 PM
Hi, my mate live in Wrexham and I am helping him rebuild his, back on the road soon.
Stephen.

Sion G WelshV8
17-08-16, 10:10 PM
Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales but not that far from Crew - Wrexham.

Car is nearly ready and hoping to get back on the road this weekend!

Andy5475
18-08-16, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sion G WelshV8;552083]Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales but not that far from Crew

Hi Sion, There are 14 of us heading to Wales this weekend in the Cobra's. We are staying in Criccieth on Saturday night and we shall be passing through Blaenau on Sunday.

Sion G WelshV8
18-08-16, 04:23 PM
There will be 15 including me if all goes well, already arranged with Charlie and hope to meet you at the Rhyg estate for
Lunch (worlds most expensive burgers!) and am tagging on for a while - what better way to run in a new engine!

Looking forward and will see you there - Thanks a lot

[QUOTE=Sion G WelshV8;552083]Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales but not that far from Crew

Hi Sion, There are 14 of us heading to Wales this weekend in the Cobra's. We are staying in Criccieth on Saturday night and we shall be passing through Blaenau on Sunday.

alunwill
16-01-17, 05:18 PM
bringing my car back from France in a few months to be based in malpas just south of chester. I'd be interested in getting involved if the club is still operating in the north west.

Sion G WelshV8
16-01-17, 09:55 PM
When you have the car back in the country then give us a bell as I am in North Wales but could meet up halfway - got a lot to do to get the car back and little time these days but am trying !

Could really do with some new sidepipes as the current ones are a little loud !!

Hopefully the crew may do another summer tour of Snowdonia this year as last years was really good - Happy Days.

Take care

Sion

bringing my car back from France in a few months to be based in malpas just south of chester. I'd be interested in getting involved if the club is still operating in the north west.

chesterak
16-01-17, 09:58 PM
I'm still building. It's only been about 8 years...😎

AKCharlie
17-01-17, 10:22 AM
When you have the car back in the country then give us a bell as I am in North Wales but could meet up halfway - got a lot to do to get the car back and little time these days but am trying !

Could really do with some new sidepipes as the current ones are a little loud !!

Hopefully the crew may do another summer tour of Snowdonia this year as last years was really good - Happy Days.

Take care

Sion

I sent you a PM a month ago Sion inviting you to join us again this year but never got an answer from you. July 15th/16th is the weekend and we will be stopping on the Saturday night at Llandrindnod Wells. I already have 19 cars going so I will have to close it off soon.
Charlie

stokeflyer
17-01-17, 12:03 PM
Hi Charlie,
This just jogged my mind, could I book in for Lisa & Me please?
If you need a deposit please let me know.
Sorry for the late reply, it totally slipped my mind
Rich

AKCharlie
17-01-17, 01:34 PM
Hi Charlie,
This just jogged my mind, could I book in for Lisa & Me please?
If you need a deposit please let me know.
Sorry for the late reply, it totally slipped my mind
Rich

Booked you down Rich! I had got you down in pencil as I thought you would be going! Now down as official! I paid £500 deposit last November to hold rooms so I will be collecting deposits end of February/early March.
Cheers
Charlie

keirik
17-01-17, 02:12 PM

new member and new cobra owner-between wrexham and chester so not too far from malpas
in fact I frequently cycle through there. Let me know if anything's happening!

Pickmaster
17-01-17, 02:59 PM
I've just sold my Westfield and put a deposit down on an AK kit, so give me about a year ish
I'm in North Wales by Abergele and do a bit with the North West Kit Car Owners Club, when time allows

alunwill
17-01-17, 05:01 PM
Hi stan,

you still working or decided to retire yet.

chesterak
17-01-17, 10:22 PM
Hi Al,
Retired about a year ago. Just finished some home projects and I'm now back on the AK build. Don't know how long I'll keep it up for but at least I've made a start. Have you move back to the UK permanently?
Kind Regards
Stan

salmon
19-01-17, 05:22 PM
Hi,

I am in Davenham, Cheshire.

Chris

GARY
19-01-17, 06:52 PM
Hi All,
not too far away, but still tinkering with my SRV8 in Urmston, Manchester.

alunwill
23-01-17, 07:53 PM
Hi stan,

yes we're in the process of selling up. kicked the tenants out of the uk house, although we use it as a base and it's up for sale. malpas is the place we'll end up in. Been back for about 9 months now with a few health issues but hopefully things are on the mend now.

drop me a mail and I'll pop around when you're under the car!

chesterak
24-01-17, 10:38 PM
Hi Al
Will do. I'm on the way to making headers as once finished I can get the body off and finish off the chassis build.
Feel free to call anytime....I'll PM my mobile number ....

Andy5475
15-02-17, 02:24 PM
Hi Alun,

I am down the road in Nantwich, and often venture out for a blast in the Cobra to North Wales. Are you on the road with a Cobra?

Andy

alunwill
04-03-17, 09:11 PM
Hi andy, yes I'm mobile with my AK, ls400 engine. Unfortunately though it's still in france but should be back for the summer. First mot due august. Looking forward to driving it back, about a 1000 mile run from Meze to chester

Cobralwl239w
08-03-17, 09:36 PM
Hi I'm in Leek Staffs but work and commute daily to Northwich... weather permitting in the Cobra!

keirik
06-08-17, 08:14 AM
Cheshire seems particularly dead with regard to meet ups and drives, am I the only one that goes out?

Anyone else fancy trying to kick start the region with a few events?

Pickmaster
06-08-17, 08:39 AM
Mines still in the build process so I'm not on the road till next year, but their are a few very active Cobras just over the boarder in North Wales
Lots more Cobras appearing on the North West Kit Car Group page on Facebook
A lot out today to Portmeirion west Wales if you don't mind mixing with Se7en type kits as well as Cobras
Portmeirion was limited numbers as is now booked up to drive onsite

Sion G WelshV8
06-08-17, 11:05 AM
I am in Blaenau Ffestiniog and am definitely interested and am only few miles from Portmeirion - whats on there today and what time??

Cobras not been on the road this year yet but mainly due to lack of cobs aroynd this area - I will check out that fb page !

Pickmaster
06-08-17, 12:50 PM
I think they ar heading there for dinner then a drive around the area and home for 5 ish
Their is one Hollywell one Rhyl and I'm build an AK between Abergele and Llanrwst
So a few local ish

Andy5475
06-08-17, 10:29 PM
Hi Keirik,
I am in South Cheshire (Nantwich) and recently organised a trip around mid-Wales with 21 Cobra's from far and wide. There are not many of us in the area, but a few around the Potteries and we are looking at setting up a meet every other month if you are interested?
Whereabouts are you?
Andy

keirik
07-08-17, 10:36 AM
Hi Andy,

I'm just between Chester and Wrexham, would be good to meet up with other owners

keirik
07-08-17, 10:36 AM
I applied to jpoin the facebook page, but getting a response is like hoping for a sensible politician :-(

Sion G WelshV8
08-08-17, 08:18 PM
Keirik / Andy / Pickmaster,

I would definetly be up for a few runs with you guys and would love to get something going - would spur me on to sort the car and keep it!

I passed the Kit cars on their way home in torrential downpour not the best experience I am sure - have subscribed to the page and they are vetting me to see if I am a real kit car driver???

Pickmaster if you are that close let's catch up - or I will pick you up and join the others for a drive one day?

Anyway ideal - there are others in the area - had mine for 10 years and apart from a touring crew from the Midlands I have not seen anyone !

Cheers and speak soon

Sion

chesterak
08-08-17, 10:43 PM
Im still buiding...Saughall, Chester...
🙄

Gav
08-08-17, 11:32 PM
Hi,
Tuning mine up and down the A483 between chester and wrexham for the last few months. In south wales this week though working....
Regards gav

Pickmaster
09-08-17, 01:54 PM
Sion glad you've got a few more options now
The FB club is very tightly vetted strictly kit cars owners only no wanabees, it makes it more secure
They are a great very keen bunch of enthusiasts who get out a lot winter and summer with plenty of road trips

If your around Llanfair TH message me and pop in for a cupa
Andy (pickmaster)

keirik
10-08-17, 08:26 PM
seems both Sion and I have been accepted by the fb club so now at least know someone else nearby. Gav seems to have been running his up and down very near to me but not heard him so far! :-)

Pickmaster
10-08-17, 11:20 PM
Looks like your both settling in on FB and getting involved with the banter 👍
There are a few Cobras about and more joining up as word gets out, normally from meeting the club at car shows
You just need to get involved and enjoy

Gav
12-08-17, 12:08 PM
Hi,
In LLay. Can hear me from 2 streets away....:)
Regards
gav

alunwill
15-08-17, 09:24 PM
I'm back in the UK with cobra and just MOT'd so available if anything is going on. Now living in Bangor-on-Dee, just east of Wrexham and 10 miles south of chester.

Almost there2147
17-08-17, 11:30 PM
Mines in for the IVA next week so fingers crossed it will be mobile soon - based in Northwich and I've just requested membership of the NW facebook page.

Estoril blue V8 350SBC

Gav
25-08-17, 07:52 PM
Anyone doing anything in afternoon of Bank holiday Monday?....
Just fixed my AK throttle pedal as was only getting 68% throttle as lever was fouling the locknut that holds all the main pivot assembly together, bugger to remove whilst pedal assesmbly in car, but hopefully done now and dying to test out.....
Regards
Gav

keirik
25-08-17, 09:35 PM
not sure - monday is a long way off!

off to the rossett show tomorrow (saturday) with the nwkcog off facebook, you coming?

Gav
25-08-17, 09:50 PM
Hi,
We have around an hour and a bit window free(childless and puppyless...) tomorrow afternoon in which wifey and me intend to go for a spin in cobra, so dont know really. Whats nwkcog?
Regards
Gav

keirik
25-08-17, 10:16 PM
sorry! its the north west kit car owners group facebook page. lots of 7's but a fair number of cobras. having a display at the Rossett fete at Darland School

Almost there2147
03-09-17, 11:18 PM
Mine passed the IVA test last week at the first time attempt so now it's time for registration - not long to go and I should be OTR

Almost there2147
27-09-17, 04:16 PM
I've been fully mobile with mine for 2 weeks now - Where are the other NW Cobras and are there any end of season events planned?

keirik
27-09-17, 04:38 PM
North West Kit Car Owners Group (facebook page!) is off to drive thru the blackpool lights tomorrow (thursday)

Should be a few cobras (including mine!)

First meeting point 6pm will be at Lymm services WA13 0SP, on the M6, we will be in the car park opposite MacyDs.
Leaving at 6.15 for the Tickled trout Preston PR5 0UJ.

Almost there2147
27-09-17, 05:24 PM
Sounds good fun and thanks for the reply.

I might sound like a bit of a woose but the furthest journey I've done is 6 miles, (total mileage is now 20 miles) so I want to build more confidence in it before I go up t'North on a longer run, I've joined the NWKCOG so will keep an eye out for other events.

Master Thatcher
27-07-19, 04:07 PM
That you? Andy Nantwich???

Master Thatcher
27-07-19, 04:08 PM
That You Andy Nantwich??