PDA

View Full Version : Classic Replicas Viper for sale

scottdog
16-03-15, 08:06 PM
Hi All
The time has come to part with my pride and joy.
Correctly registered following SVA on the 30/01/2009 by current owner and MoT until 13/03/2016.
Rover 3.5 engine and Jaguar running gear with 17" wire knock offs and good Toyo's all round.
Professionally fitted Europa mohair hood and included is a hard top requiring paint and headlining.
Currently set up for 6'3" driver
In very good condition with a few stone chips.
Priced at £13,000.
Pm for details etc.
Regards
Terry
Sorry trouble posting pics. Will re-size and try again,

Lloyd Barnes
17-03-15, 06:43 PM
Hi All
The time has come to part with my pride and joy.
Correctly registered following SVA on the 30/01/2009 by current owner and MoT until 13/03/2016.
Rover 3.5 engine and Jaguar running gear with 17" wire knock offs and good Toyo's all round.
Professionally fitted Europa mohair hood and included is a hard top requiring paint and headlining.
Currently set up for 6'3" driver
In very good condition with a few stone chips.
Priced at £13,000.
Pm for details etc.
Regards
Terry
Sorry trouble posting pics. Will re-size and try again,

Never seen a jag based v8 cobra before for £13k. Unless I'm missing something that seems a bit underpriced? :-)

corn plaster
17-03-15, 07:31 PM
Going by the pictures on ebay I would say it's underpriced. Good luck and it should sell very easily at 13k.

Andy

scottdog
17-03-15, 07:31 PM
Hi Lloyd
Having made the decision to move on I want to keep the drama to a minimum with no haggling and hopefully the new owner will get the same pleasure I have had.
Cheers
Terry

corn plaster
17-03-15, 07:32 PM
Someone will still haggle at 13k.

Andy

Dixie
18-03-15, 08:08 PM
At a guess, £3k under valued. I regret getting rid of my Viper.

I sold my one for £15k and it was a Cortina based one, although heavily modified.

Mark

scottdog
22-03-15, 09:19 PM
Hi All
Thanks Lloyd, Andy and Mark. I had priced what may have seemed a little low but she has gone to a good home and a guy more knowledgeable than me who I think will put more miles on the clock. I never seemed to be free when meets were on, so not very active in this great club and what a mine of information it is. I am sure the new owner from South Wales will be along soon. I shall continue "lurking", but wish everyone well and thanks for all those that have taken the time to pass on so much info for those who like me need it.
All the best
Terry.

Outcast
28-03-15, 07:32 AM
Hi, I'm the lucky guy that bought Tel's car & to say I'm very pleased with it is an understatement. As with all cars like this, there are certain things that aren't exactly to my taste, but I can change those quite easily. Tel did a fantastic job in building this car. I think that the biggest job will be to get the front wings the right shape & make the front arches smaller. I thought that the Viper front arches were like that to cover the original full width Granada suspension. However, if you run a straight edge along the doors, you'll find that the front wings taper inwards towards the front of the car, whereas the wings should follow a straight line to the centre of the arch. At the centre of the arch, the wing is in by over 40mm. I'm going to put the wings where they should be over the Winter period. In doing this it'll have a wheel arch flare of around 90mm which is pretty much the same as most 427 Cobras.

Cheers

Dek
28-03-15, 10:42 AM
P
Hi, I'm the lucky guy that bought Tel's car & to say I'm very pleased with it is an understatement. As with all cars like this, there are certain things that aren't exactly to my taste, but I can change those quite easily. Tel did a fantastic job in building this car. I think that the biggest job will be to get the front wings the right shape & make the front arches smaller. I thought that the Viper front arches were like that to cover the original full width Granada suspension. However, if you run a straight edge along the doors, you'll find that the front wings taper inwards towards the front of the car, whereas the wings should follow a straight line to the centre of the arch. At the centre of the arch, the wing is in by over 40mm. I'm going to put the wings where they should be over the Winter period. In doing this it'll have a wheel arch flare of around 90mm which is pretty much the same as most 427 Cobras.

Cheers

Put wider tyres on to fill the gap. :)

Dek

Dek
28-03-15, 10:44 AM
Oh and welcome to the exclusive 'Viper Club' !

Dek

Outcast
02-04-15, 05:42 AM
Hi Dek, I'm looking to narrow the front end, so I'll doing away with the big arches ;-)
cheers

Dek
02-04-15, 09:30 AM
Hi Dek, I'm looking to narrow the front end, so I'll doing away with the big arches ;-)
cheers

Post some photos when it's done. Like to see what it turns out like.
Dek

Outcast
02-04-15, 10:15 AM
Sure, will do ;)

cheers