PDA

View Full Version : MG B Roadster restoration project

Ian C
13-04-15, 05:48 PM
Disillusioned with the eBay auction route after the high bidder withdrew (I have cut and pasted his "reason" below to illustrate the point) and thought that I might as well see if anyone on here has tired of the replica scene and fancies restoring a "real" car!?

Link to the eBay auction, which has all the details, below and happy to answer any other questions.

The auction - MG B Roadster restoration project (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331517438405?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

The Reason - Hi Ian

This is rather embarrassing! I have just been down to breakfast and said to my wife “Do you want the good news?” I said we are going to Scotland for a small holiday to collect an MGB I have bought on ebay. For the first time in nearly 50-years of marriage she went berserk and told me in no uncertain terms that I can’t have the car. I do apologise if I have caused you any problems and am willing to pay for any out of pocket expenses. This is the first time I have ever reneged on an ebay purchase. I do apologise profusely.

Yours sincerely

Name withheld to protect the prat

Regards,
Ian

tommy-boy
13-04-15, 08:01 PM
Haha sorry mate.

The dross of ebay strike again!!

Murray
13-04-15, 10:31 PM
Restored 2 MGB's (1800 and V8) so far, have not got the space for another car, so that's a shame. Hope you find someone to do it justice.

Fireball-XL5
14-04-15, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear about this Ian. Is this a good way of getting a cheap item on ebay, one person pushes up the price and then retracts leaving his 'mate' to get it cheaper?
Have a blast out in the cobra - it'll make you feel better.

James