PDA

View Full Version : CRS for sale on ebay

Rustynuts
21-08-15, 09:48 PM
Goes to show how everything Cobra is going up in price!!!!

Interesting car though.

Before: http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auctions/19-04-2012-TheImperialWarMuseum-1312/1999ACCobraMkIVCRSPrototype-34684.aspx

And now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-MKIV-CRS-PROTOTYPE-GENUINE-AC-BUILT-COBRA-/201407155316?hash=item2ee4cd4c74&autorefresh=true

simon finlay
25-08-15, 09:30 PM
Only if it sells for the advertised price too someone who can and are willing to reveal that's what they paid, it may sell for a lot less than advertised and we would never know but would assume it had made 10k!!!!

tapped
26-08-15, 12:43 PM
As it was an auction purchase then there's buyer's premium and VAT on top of that £30k..and three years have passed so it's not a surprise to be asking £42k

tapped
26-08-15, 12:46 PM
12% + vat so that car presumably cost £34600 in total

bitsa
27-08-15, 09:33 AM
Hi all

Thanks for the advert :)

The CRS prototype is mine, it breaks my heart to sell it, but a recurring knee injury means no more manual cars for the foreseeable

I think the pice is fair, yes the values have been rising, but I have also had to put a lot of time and money into getting the car safe and reliable

I drove her home from the Midlands to West London and was lucky to arrive in one piece, how she ever passed 3 previous Mots and the SVA amazes me
Nothing on the car had ever been torqued up or locked off, the whole drive line was loose, bolts missing from prop, diff carrier and driveshafts, the front suspension was knocking and had a stack of play in the steering
A full strip down at home and a trip to Gerry at hawk revealed that the front suspension was a mixture of mk2 mk3 and mk4 parts and nothing could be tightened properly due to mismatched tapers! ( the parts bill to sort that lot out still makes my eyes water) I can only presume she was thrown together with whatever was laying around the factory just to prove the body would fit!
I have spent a lot of time going ove the car de snagging all sorts of issues, also had to modify the exhaust and fit stiffer engine mount as the cats hit the floor ever time I gave her some stick
I have also fitted her with 15 inch trigo rims which give her a great stance and fill the arches nicely

I have built and owned various jag based replicas over the years and can honestly say this car is on a different level, she has a round tube Mkiv chassis with rose jointed suspension (same geometry as the originals) she drives differently to the jag cars and feels totally planted

Now fully sorted
£42k for a genuine AC car, check out what the MKIV and production CRS Cars are know fetching, if she doesn't sell I will cacoon her in the garage and hope I can one day drive her again - with the interest rates as they are she has got to be a better bet than money in the bank!

KevinW
27-08-15, 09:58 AM
Did you by any chance sell a Rover V8 engine and gearbox when perhaps, you had your GD upgraded to a Chevy about 1996?

bitsa
27-08-15, 10:21 AM
Hi Kevin
No wasn't me, mine had a SBC from the beginning

KevinW
27-08-15, 01:12 PM
OK, just wondered if you were the chap I bought my old engine off.

catsx11
27-08-15, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vnR0qh75NKc