PDA

View Full Version : Advice selling a GD

MacGD016
12-09-15, 06:26 PM
I am finally going to give in and sell the GD I've had for the past 10 years, the trouble is there are still a couple of things I still haven't got round to and wonder if its worth doing them or leaving them for the next owner.

The car is still in gel, I've always meant to have it sprayed Rangoon Red and although I would love to see it finished the way I intended I wonder whether I would limit potential buyers by doing this.

Secondly, it has a Rover 3.9 (4.0 litre) engine, this was recently reconditioned (no paperwork) when I bought it and as it revs well past 6500 still pulling very strongly if asked I have always wondered whether it has been worked on a little, the 0-60 time is 5sec +/- which seems quick for a Rover. Do you think it would be worth the trouble and expense of putting it on a rolling road to find out what it's outputting?

Third and last thing, is £19,995 a decent asking price?

Davidg
12-09-15, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure anyone will be brave enough to comment on price given discussions elsewhere on the forum:-) Although from what little I know of GD I would say it is under priced. But others will no doubt advise with more knowledge.

i doubt you would recover the extra if you finish the paint work now, and I doubt rolling roading will add any real value. These items make no difference whatever the make. It might improve the 'saleability,' but it will be a toss up between sale value and what you have to spend to do it, just to make it more saleable. Decent paint will set you back a tidy sum.

TINKA
12-09-15, 08:33 PM
As said a rolling road is just bragging rites and as for price I would say that is under priced, you should be asking and expecting low to mid twenties for a GD. Paint will reduce the price a little but you would never recover the cost of a good paint job. Unless you are desperate hold out for a sensible offer I bet the dealers will be along soon (not Chimera ) trying to knock you down a lot and then wait and see it will appear on their sites foe £5-£10 grand more, so be aware.

BrooklynSnake
14-09-15, 08:32 AM
Be FIRM at 25k , its a GD and they are not cheap to build. You can only sell it ONCE!!

Lloyd Barnes
14-09-15, 02:33 PM
I think Martin is right, low to mid 20's for a RV8 GD.

Re paint, definitely don't paint it red, its too specific to your taste, and most people will still want blue with white stripes! Id agree don't paint it at all.

MacGD016
14-09-15, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the advice chaps, that is what I will do then. Just need some sunshine to take a few new photos.