PDA

View Full Version : My AC Cobra on EBAY - 6.3ltr Stroker V8

davidlatimer
19-11-15, 08:35 PM
Please have a look at my cobra on ebay if your on the look out.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Cobra-Replica-Chevy-6-3Ltr-V8-Stroker-450BHP-/331710803168?

Im in the process of having some better pictures taken, the number plate shown is no longer on the car. Ive since purchased ACC983A on classic black plates, at shows you can space this so it looks like AC COBRA, registration IS included in the sale. AC Cobra replica engineer built in 2007 to 2009 This is an animal of a car and sound like nothing else on the road.
This engine note puts a Ferrari to shame. Its a very very fast and capable race car that's had so much cash thrown at it, I have a comprehensive history file with receipts well in excess of 25k (parts alone!)
Its not your average Cobra replica, it have done everything possible to remove the usual 'kitcar' look and instead worked hard for the classic and authentic AC look.
Ive had this car for 8 years now and its time to let someone else enjoy it, it will tear my heart open to see it drive away with the new owner. Its a very reliable car, I have worked hard over the years improving and upgrading. It goes and sounds like a true supercar should, 6.3 litres of american grunt that you can hear from a mile away. Ive had many nice cars over the years but nothing that gets more attention and admiration than this.
I have taken this car to Le Mans twice and both times was utterly faultless and a pleasure to drive. New project means it has to go as I need the room. No silly offers please, this is a serious car that makes waves when I take it to the shows and makes everyone smile,
Huge history file with loads of photos of the build and virtually every receipt for every part, Fully and correctly registered in 2009 with V5 present.
Car has never been in an accident or bump of any kind.
Inspection welcome and test drive with me driving available for the serious buyer, No messers please.

If you need more pics or more information call me (David) on 07575482200

Engine

Chevy 383 6.3ltr V8 450BHP
Heavy duty 4 main bolt main cylinder block, hot tanked, bored and hones with torque plates, decks machined, crankcase machined for stroker clearance, oil galleries modified.
Eagle modular steel stroker crank, Steel 'I' beam with ARP cap screws, heavy duty bearings, Degreed crank damper.
Hypereutectic pistons giving 10.5 compression, molly ring set.
Patriot 'Freedom' ALLOY cylinder heads, 1 88c.c hand blended ports. 64c.c Hi- swirl chambers
Lunati hydraulic flat-tappet camshafts, Hi-rev lifters, hardened push rods, roller tip rockers, double roller timing set.
Alloy timing cover with billet timing pointer.
Weiand intake manifold
Holley 'Street Avenger' 770CFM vacuum secondary carburettor with 'quick change' secondary system and electric choke.
Chrome air cleaner with K&N air filter
Edelbrock 'Elite' ribbed alloy valve covers with breathers and PCV valve
Thermostat with chrome alloy housing
Hi-volume oil pump with heavy duty drive.
MSD polished HEI electronic ignition, 8mm leads and wire dividers, NGK spark plugs
Chrome alternator and bracket
Billet steel flywheel with heavy duty centre force centrifugal clutch assembly
High torgue polished chrome lightweight starter
Heavy duty engine mounts
Engine block and sump painted in red.
Optimax spiral wound racing battery.

Exhaust

Custom made Stainless steel side exiting exhausts by Custom Chrome with lifetime guarantee.

Gearbox

5 Speed Tremec TKO race/road gearbox with authentic AC Cobra gear lever and chrome surround as fitted in original.

Interior

Full black leather, seats specially made to accommodate a taller guy/gal
Authentic Smiths cobra mechanical gauges with reverse sweep 0-180mph
Lucas toggle switches and switch identifier tabs
Lucas rotary switch for wipers with authentic bakerlite fluted knob
Lucas light toggle switch (no ford column switches here)
Lucas Dash light dimmer rheostat and fluted bakerlite knob
Polished chrome racing handbrake
Genuine Moto lita wooden steering when with AC centre cap
Willans race harness's in black

Exterior

Painted in 3 part Maserati Bianco Fuji Pearl White with properly painted black stripes
Chrome bumpers all round Twin chrome hoops
16" Hallibrands proper split rims by Image Wheels with very good Toyo tyres
Full duck wet weather hood

Chassis / Running Gear

Chassis and body was purchased from Pilgrim Motor Sports
Ford Granada running gear & brakes (disks all round servo assisted)
Uprated differential mount to handle the V8 power
Koni fully adjustable coil over dampers all roundhttp://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32316&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32317&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32319&stc=1