PDA

View Full Version : Seat removal

marlin444
01-12-15, 08:37 PM
Hello i now need to replace the seat belts as the ones that have been fitted are far to big and i have run out of adjustment. So i need to remove the seats from the car i have taken out the cushions and found 4 bolts i have tried to remove them but they just spin with no effect on the fixing of the seat. Help Please Paul

AKCharlie
01-12-15, 08:56 PM
Look under the car, you should see four nuts which will be spinning round. Long arms required to hold a spanner on them and undo from the seat. If you have runners similar applies but the nuts will be in the channel of the runner. Not so easy to get to these and I have used a wooden wedge to stop the nut from spinning

marlin444
01-12-15, 09:12 PM
Thanks done the under car thing no sign of nuts that line up with the bolts. the seats sit on a metal frame must be the runners. But i cant see the nuts do you go in from the front of the seat. From the front i can see a pair of bolts that are not related to the 4 through the seat Thanks Paul.

kdavies3
02-12-15, 06:25 AM
If your seats are on normal runners, then the runners will be bolted through the floor.
If the SRV8 has glass fibre floors they should be braced with spreader plates which you should be able to see if you jack the car up.

marlin444
02-12-15, 09:40 PM
Thanks for your replies the seat is on runners 2 bolts inboard at the front of seat and 2 nuts under the car inline with the rear of seat. i was able to adjust the seat belts at the rear of the seats job done. Thanks Paul.