PDA

View Full Version : Burglary and jewellery vouchers

Richard1977
01-02-16, 07:45 AM
Hi guys last Monday my house was burgled firstly I hope the scum which did it suffer a long slow pain full over dose from the proceeds of it. Any way I had a tag watch which was stolen the insurance company will pay for it no problem. The problem I have is I don't want to replace the watch.i want wheels for my cobra They have givin me a credit card to use in most jewellers with £2600 on it so if anyone is thinking of buying any expensive jewellery or watch maybe we could do a swap. If anyone interested let me know. Other wise I'm going to have to buy a watch and eBay it
Rich

AlexB74
01-02-16, 12:55 PM
Be worth checking the wording of your policy - I'd imagine they are only giving you the credit card as they get a discount/payback. There's no reason why else they would refuse to give you cash...

Alex

Firestarter29
01-02-16, 03:37 PM
Or persuade a friendly jeweller to buy the wheels you want and sell them to you using the credit card ?

Neil O
01-02-16, 03:43 PM
We had an offer of an H.Samuels credit voucher when my missus lost her engagement ring years ago.
I refused it and demanded a cheque instead.
Why on earth they thought my missus would be seen dead in H.Samuels I really don't know..... ;-)

Try ringing the insurance company and telling them you can't find what you want in one of the stores that accept their voucher/card.
Hopefully they will give you cash then.