PDA

View Full Version : Need Carburettor tuner in Southampton or New Forest

Rob Heard
21-02-16, 06:10 PM
I have recently acquired a Dax Tojeiro with a Chevy 383ci, 6.3 litre stroker engine. It is fitted with a Edlebrock 750cfm carburettor and smells as if it is running very rich. Does anyone know a good Chevy engine and carburettor tuner near Southampton or in the New Forest?

Hope you can help :?:

Sidecarbod
21-02-16, 08:27 PM
That carb is a bit too big for your engine, you would be better off the a 600 carb or a 650 Thunder series, even then it will probably need calibrating.

All just my humble!

BLOKE
21-02-16, 09:09 PM
You wont get it tuned in the new forest, you will have to go to a garage, sorry, my sense of humour.

pete the b
21-02-16, 11:07 PM
You might be better off with a Holley street avenger carb, I think it was successful on quite a few 383 strokers fitted to CRC members cars. I had one on mine with a performer air gap inlet manifold. There is an engine tuning company at Hilsea in Portsmouth but I don't know their name but probably could find out for you.

cobrap
21-02-16, 11:19 PM
You might be better off with a Holley street avenger carb, I think it was successful on quite a few 383 strokers fitted to CRC members cars. I had one on mine with a performer air gap inlet manifold. There is an engine tuning company at Hilsea in Portsmouth but I don't know their name but probably could find out for you.

Yep, I'd second that. I fitted a Holley 670 Street Avenger to my stroked Ford V8 and had it tuned by Interpro in Bristol and it's fabulous. For me, secondary jets were already OK but the primary jets needed upping a bit.

Where did you get your Cobra from (if you don't mind me asking) - Plus, any pics?

Rob Heard
22-02-16, 07:03 PM
I bought the car from Hallmark Cars in Essex, they were great and very helpful. However too far to go back to get Carb tuned. Attached are some photos

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32591&stc=1 http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32592&stc=1 http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32593&stc=1

pete the b
22-02-16, 09:52 PM
Looks very nice, perhaps you might like to bring it along to the Hants/Sussex meet sometime (or even join us) we meet on the last Sunday of the month at the café inside Goodwood airfield/track about 10/11am for an hour then go on to a selected pub in the area. We're very civilised and fully potty trained so might be worth a look. Regards, Pete.

tonym
22-02-16, 10:14 PM
Looks very nice, perhaps you might like to bring it along to the Hants/Sussex meet sometime (or even join us) we meet on the last Sunday of the month at the café inside Goodwood airfield/track about 10/11am for an hour then go on to a selected pub in the area. We're very civilised and fully potty trained so might be worth a look. Regards, Pete.

difficult
Any chance of some write ups of your meets Pete, you know how it can be to get copy especially at this time of year?

cobrap
23-02-16, 12:10 AM
How about a write-up on Rob's car (if he's willing)?
Lovely looking machine and people love the look of the hard tops.
The paint finish (Ford Imperial Blue?) still looks wet as well. Great looking Cobra.

PHICKOX
24-02-16, 06:47 AM
Airey tuning had a great write up in octane magazine a few years back. http://www.aireytuning.comClassic focus but good carb knowledgeI get mine done at classic and race near Gatwick. They do a lot of the cars that run at good wood revival. For some proper time to get the carbs set up you need to allow a few hundred pounds.Paul

pete the b
24-02-16, 09:54 PM
Hi Tone
I thought Mike Fenwick was sending text and photos to you over the months. I will speak to him on Sunday at our meet and find out the score. I found it difficult to get copy at any time of the year for the mag especially when the internet came along but I still appreciate what you put together for us all. Remember: Time flies like an arrow - Fruit flies like a banana! Regards, Pete.

tonym
24-02-16, 10:06 PM
Cheers Pete, a write up telling what happened at the meet, who went and any news etc would be great thanks. Cheers