PDA

View Full Version : Help please advise on this car?

Benthebuilder
07-05-16, 10:55 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-AC-Cobra-/271946913680?hash=item3f514c9790:g:vRQAAOSwT6pVk~R 2

hi guys been looking at this car this is the first ac i am going to see just would like you guys opinion? or any advise on price?
i have spoken the guys at junction 17 and they have told me its 25 years old and could do with a little bit of tidying up a few little chips and a few makes on chrome work but overall fine

is it a good idea to buy a 25year old built car?

any advise would be great guys

thank you ben

paul barber
07-05-16, 12:55 PM
Hi Ben,

At £19K you are getting into the price range of much newer cars that are V8 powered and have a manual gearbox. Would have a good look around and view some private examples as you will get more for your money.

Regards,
Paul

dobbo1969
07-05-16, 01:01 PM
Plus remember same car is incorrectly registered run away

Benthebuilder
07-05-16, 01:28 PM
ok thanks guys for the heads up i may well give this one a miss it is registered as a jag xjs i think? what should it be registered as?

i thought it was best to run it by you guys first :D thanks again i don't want to buy a lemon!

ill continue my hunt, if any one knows of any cars in this price range for sale please let me know! also is there any car shows with cobras coming up soon?

thanks again ben

corn plaster
07-05-16, 02:55 PM
Just to agree with the comments above.

A V12 automatic incorrectly registered Cobra is one to stay well away from. It might turn out to be a very nice car but you have to think about how easy will it be to sell in years to come. V8 is the way to go.

StewbieC
07-05-16, 04:25 PM
A Ram should be registered as a Ram, Pilgrim Sumo as a Pilgrim Sumo simples.
Anything registered as a Jag sports or similar is incorrect. As already stated, automatics are less desirable as are V12's.
Good luck with the search.