PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my first Cobra, HELP !

tommy_gixer
17-05-16, 08:19 PM
Hi All
I am finally in a position to buy my first cobra and have been enquiring about a few that are for sale but unfortunately they are out of my price range , or not yet available to purchase. I can spend up to £30k, preferably less, but am also realistic on what I will get for my money. Having said that I have been very pleased and quite surprised with how many members have got in touch, Thanks!
If anybody knows of a Dax/AK/Ram, in blue/white stripes, American V8, for sale then please get in touch.
I am based in Norwich but don’t mind travelling to view.
Many thanks
Tom

Chimeara
17-05-16, 08:24 PM
I will have a new dax standard chassis cobra in blue with silver stripes running a rover 3.5 v8 available in a few weeks once its through IVA and will be looking for mid 20's.

I know its not an american v8 but it will be a great way of getting into a newly registered car with a V8 and at a realistic price given what other various older rover V8 cars are starting to fetch.

Cosmetically its not concours but again for the money it could be a good start for someone.

tommy_gixer
17-05-16, 08:31 PM
Thanks for you speedy reply Anthony, but I got taken out in a US v8 car in the weekend so have my heart set on it. I have no doubt that your car is very nice though . Thanks all the same, much appreciated.

Boxoftricks
17-05-16, 09:21 PM
Hi Tom,

If you've not already done so I'd suggest you pop down the M11 to Total Head Turners. View and decide which make is best for you. They all feel and drive differently. There is always a deal to be done on their prices.

Good luck,

tommy_gixer
18-05-16, 07:30 AM
Thanks Boxoftricks

I should probably go down there and check them out. I have been keeping an eye on dealers websites but all the cars I like are way out of my budget, and much more expensive than through a private deal. Maybe ill just give up for now :rolleyes:, wrong time of year perhaps. Sods law isn't it when your in a position to buy there is nothing suitable.

Cheers

Tom

minesamalt
18-05-16, 08:41 AM
Hi Tom, still looking I see.
Your still welcome to come over for a chat you know.

Roger

Whit427
18-05-16, 08:44 AM
Hi Tom
Another make you should consider is a Unique Autocraft python
There is one for sale on ebay blue with a 5.7 Chevy V8 for £28995
It's not mine but a better quality of chassis and build quality would be hard to find even today. Double skinned bonnet boot and doors .Side impact bars in doors and one of the closest copy's of an original cobra you could find (round wheel arches )
Mine passed the SVA/IVA First time in 1999 (one of the first to do this )
I am totally bias-st of course :-)
Jon W

tommy_gixer
18-05-16, 09:08 AM
Hi Roger

Yeah thanks for that I will see if we are free this weekend to pop over. Pm sent

Thanks

Tom