PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell & move on

Roger Shackleton
21-05-16, 11:19 AM
Selling my AK, built by myself,registered 2014 on 1966 period plate, IVA pass in March 2014,7.5 k miles on 383 SBC,
Yamaah R 1 blue with Wimbledon white stripes,beige leather interior, flat bottom dash with original instrument layout & Moto lita steering wheel, quick lift jacks, L542 Rear lights, a very original looking car.
Looking for very high 30k.
PM me if interested for further information and photos.

Rog

TINKA
21-05-16, 11:30 AM
There is a area to place adds to sell your car and in 2 attempts you have missed it both times................:p :p :p :p :p ;)

Roger Shackleton
21-05-16, 12:12 PM
Tink

yeh I know. Last time I put something there didn't get a single view.

Will give it another go.

Rog

dave
21-05-16, 03:27 PM
Don't forget my collector if you are leaving us Rog. ;-)

Dek
21-05-16, 08:09 PM
Crikey Rog after all that work and recent mods! What are you moving on to? Another Cobra ? Something completely different? Good luck anyway. Nice car. Should sell. But not to a dealer though!
Dek

Chimeara
21-05-16, 10:34 PM
Why not sell to a dealer. If a dealer offers a price that the owner is happy with why wouldn't you.

Good luck with the sell roger. Never thought I'd See you posting that your car is for sale but I wish you all the best with the next project. Is there anything on the cards.

Roger Shackleton
22-05-16, 09:06 AM
Thank all for the compliments, looking at getting into the Amerivan Classic scene, fastback Mustang maybe, something with a roof so I can use it a bit more.

Rog

AKCharlie
22-05-16, 09:24 AM
You should come to Horsepower at the Hall on Newark Showground today Rog. You will see plenty of American classics. 1pm to 5pm
Cheers
Charlie

oglyoodoo
22-05-16, 09:33 PM
You mean to say after all those hours of effort to design and make your new LED rear Indicators you're now going to sell the Cob?

You have a really nice car, just think of the nest of worms you could be letting yourself in for..

In Ireland at the moment catch up when we get back. Good luck with the sale.

Denis

AKCharlie
23-05-16, 11:08 AM
Talking with Dave Britcliffe yesterday and he told me there is a very nice black mustang in a garage in Brigg for sale. No other detail
Cheers
Charlie

Thank all for the compliments, looking at getting into the Amerivan Classic scene, fastback Mustang maybe, something with a roof so I can use it a bit more.

Rog

Bigblock
23-05-16, 01:35 PM

Rog
Good luck with that, but don't think the fast back will be any more practical than the cob apart from the roof aspect. I am just finishing a long resto of a factory 66 GT Fastback, so all I would say is get one done and look at it very carefully before you buy. The qualatity of parts is absolutely appalling, it all comes from China and the east, don't believe the rubbish that it is all Ford approved either, it is still made in the east.

After the sharp steering and decent brakes of the Cob I think you will find the standard mustang set up a bit of an eye opener unless you go for the upgrades.

I know a chap very well from the Mustang club who imports all sorts, he is a good sort and only imports good stuff, so don't expect a £10k bargain, there isn't any.

If you want his details let me know and I will post them here, good luck with the change.

David

aaronjb
23-05-16, 01:51 PM
Having just spent two and a half weeks driving Route 66 in the US I now have a hankering (an even bigger one) for a classic American car, too. Better finish project 1 first, though, eh! :lol:

Prices for Mustangs out there seemed to range from peanuts ($16k for a notchback in good cosmetic condition) to rather large ($50k for a fastback in very good condition cosmetically and mechanically, at least if the blurb was to be believed) .. and that was just at the little car show we bumped into in Boulder City, Nevada.

KevinW
23-05-16, 02:06 PM
- ah, Boulder City, I remember that from my solo driving holiday in the US in the early 90s!

Did you pass through Baker?

KevinW
23-05-16, 02:41 PM
Selling my AK, built by myself,registered 2014 on 1966 period plate, IVA pass in March 2014,7.5 k miles on 383 SBC,
Yamaah R 1 blue with Wimbledon white stripes,beige leather interior, flat bottom dash with original instrument layout & Moto lita steering wheel, quick lift jacks, L542 Rear lights, a very original looking car.
Looking for very high 30k.
PM me if interested for further information and photos.

Rog

Rog, we haven't actually met face-to-face but I have enjoyed the banter! - I shall miss the repartie.
Good luck with the Yank Tank. :)
cheers,
kevin

aaronjb
23-05-16, 02:53 PM
- ah, Boulder City, I remember that from my solo driving holiday in the US in the early 90s!

Did you pass through Baker?

Nah that's the "high route" out of LA (I-15) while Route 66 roughly parallels I-40 further south.. so we went through towns with names such as Bagdad, Goffs and Amboy (and even Lebanon once we got to Missouri!) [edit] Perhaps I'll post a thread with some pictures elsewhere :)

Roger Shackleton
23-05-16, 06:16 PM
Hi David

Yes please send me the contact details.
I am not looking for a basket case, I want all the hard work done and as you say with the modern brake upgrades etc I will pay good money for the right car, problem is finding it.

Rog

Good luck with that, but don't think the fast back will be any more practical than the cob apart from the roof aspect. I am just finishing a long resto of a factory 66 GT Fastback, so all I would say is get one done and look at it very carefully before you buy. The qualatity of parts is absolutely appalling, it all comes from China and the east, don't believe the rubbish that it is all Ford approved either, it is still made in the east.

After the sharp steering and decent brakes of the Cob I think you will find the standard mustang set up a bit of an eye opener unless you go for the upgrades.

I know a chap very well from the Mustang club who imports all sorts, he is a good sort and only imports good stuff, so don't expect a £10k bargain, there isn't any.

If you want his details let me know and I will post them here, good luck with the change.

David

Roger Shackleton
23-05-16, 06:31 PM
Hi Kev

Not gone yet, truth is, I am not totally convinced about the sale. If I don't get top dollar then I will keep it. Trouble will be finding a car as good as the one I'm letting go. There are not many yank cars that float my boat actualy,only the late 60's to early 70's stuff do it for me,Pontiac GT0, Firebrd, Dodge Charger,Mustang.
Hopefully the right care will come along.

Rog

Rog, we haven't actually met face-to-face but I have enjoyed the banter! - I shall miss the repartie.
Good luck with the Yank Tank. :)
cheers,
kevin

Bigblock
23-05-16, 08:27 PM
Hi David

Yes please send me the contact details.
I am not looking for a basket case, I want all the hard work done and as you say with the modern brake upgrades etc I will pay good money for the right car, problem is finding it.

Rog

here you go, ask for Peter

http://www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk/

Really nice chap, gave me some good info recently about a trip to SF I am planning

Cheers

David

Roger Shackleton
23-05-16, 08:50 PM
Thanks David

Rog

Firestarter29
23-05-16, 09:16 PM
You could always get a roof Rog ??

Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling, I'll give you a call sometime soon.

Phil h
24-05-16, 09:25 AM
I am also in the same mind as roger
with no roof and our weather just raining all the time this is becoming a problem
do I throw £4000 at a hardtop or sell and get something more usable that will go over speed bumps and have a top
that goes up and down as the rain comes
trouble is like Rogers car I have spend a long time getting this one near perfect and will probably not be able to replace
it with another as good for the money
i thought about a Ferrari 348 but the prices are going mad and the bubble will burst
will someone come up with a convertible roof so I don't have to have the pins in the bodywork
it can't just be me having this issue

Happy Jim
24-05-16, 01:10 PM
will someone come up with a convertible roof so I don't have to have the pins in the bodywork
it can't just be me having this issue

Have you not seen the GD setup? No pins ;-)

kdavies3
24-05-16, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with Jim.
The GD hood set up is admirable.
I always wondered how easy it would be to adapt it to suit other marques?

david hemmings
24-05-16, 06:22 PM
I have a hood and frame unfitted as dont want the pins have been toying with making a frame that clips to the screen top and hoops

Roger Shackleton
24-05-16, 06:47 PM
I can't see it working just attached to the hoops, sealing it to the body without a mechanical fix would be almost impossible. What about the side screens ? Hoods are like sails at anything above 40 mph and they leak like buggery. It's not just that,it's the mechanical noise from the diff and wheels when there up. Not a pleasant experience.

Rog

david hemmings
24-05-16, 09:20 PM
Still would have the tenax fasteners same as the std hood has as already have these fitted for the tonneau and would use sidescreens fitted as the wind wings are to hinges most likely perspex/acrylic my idea is to replicate the two hood bow positions but not the uprights behind the doir opening

david hemmings
24-05-16, 09:23 PM
Im also seriously considering one of adrians roof shells to modify into something similar to the GD one with the vertical rear window

Dek
02-06-16, 06:39 PM

Rog

Past a Ford dealership today and had to stop to look at the new rhd Mustangs. Hardtop was £38k and softop £35k. Both nice looking cars. Might be future classics but with the advantage of rhd.
Dek

corn plaster
02-06-16, 07:43 PM
I looked into buying a yank 1960s pick-up with lots of patina. When i looked properly into it i found it would have been a snug or impossible fit in my garage,leaving it outside would have been a no no due to it rusting away. Poor brakes and steering without modern upgrades would have made it a poor drive as any old car would be . On the back burner for now. Love the looks of old yanks but driving one is another matter.

aaronjb
02-06-16, 07:53 PM
Past a Ford dealership today and had to stop to look at the new rhd Mustangs. Hardtop was £38k and softop £35k. Both nice looking cars. Might be future classics but with the advantage of rhd.
Dek

I did 3111 miles in one this month (LHD in the US but the same car) and it's a lovely place to spend time - sadly my rental was only a V6..