PDA

View Full Version : LS Engine Alternator position

kdavies3
08-06-16, 03:14 PM
Hi all LS users.
I have an LS2 which is going into a Dax very soon.
The original alternator position is low on the left near the oil filter.
What have others done as I don't think going fit down there.
I've seen repositioning brackets to move it to the top left or right.
Which is the recommended one?

Cheers Guys.

neilcatele
08-06-16, 07:14 PM
Hi Kev,

I have ls3 in an Ak mine is top left (as sat in the driving seat) I believe it's a corvette bracket.

I did need to pocket the inner wing to allow for a little clearance.

I could did out some pics if you want

Chimeara
08-06-16, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you have the camaro set up Kev. You will need to use the corvette style arrangement without air conditioning to gain the clearance you need as we fit in the AK. Trouble is the UK suppliers only sell the drive kits with AC so you end up with a surplus compressor, belt and bracket.

neilcatele
08-06-16, 08:35 PM
I got mine from performance parts world in Cannock they did not have it on there website but I called and it was no issue.

Neil

kdavies3
08-06-16, 09:04 PM
Thanks Guys, top left it is then.
I've seen various bracket options on the web.
I'll certainly be calling PPW in Cannock too.
Anthony mine was out of a Monaro so very similar to the Camaro I believe.

Chimeara
08-06-16, 09:09 PM
I usually bring the kits back from the states when I am out there as places like jegs supply the kits without the A/C option and its cheaper. may be worth a look but with the current exchange rate, and duties it may not be viable. Do you need to change the sump and headers over to gain clearance in the GD.

All the uk suppliers supply the full Camaro engine here so we end up changing the headers, sump, oil pick up, dip stick and tube to the corvette style to get it in the AK. Basically take a £5k engine strip a grands worth of bits off, throw them away then spend another grand making it fit. Oh the joys

Chimeara
08-06-16, 09:14 PM
http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet+Performance/809/19257325/10002/-1

Thats what I bring back. Exactly the same as what PWP sale but without the A/C and a massive difference in price. usually get 3 sets in my checked luggage. Not sure if this will fit the LS2 though but this is probably the layout you need

kdavies3
08-06-16, 09:17 PM
Hi Ant, it's going in a Dax De Dion so quite rare with an LS.
I picked up a pair of Corvette C6 headers which should do the job.
I'll be reversing them left to right.
Cats in the engine bay AK Style I think.

chesterak
08-06-16, 10:45 PM
Hi Kev,
It my be worth contacting Nook and Tranny in Florida if you don't get sorted here. I've had a number of parts from them, very knowledgeable and reliable. They also do used parts...
sales@nookandtranny.com (sales@nookandtranny.com)

HTH
Stan

kdavies3
09-06-16, 07:29 AM
Thanks Stan, I'll take a look..
I have the advantage of using EPAS so I only need the to move the alternator I think.
No PAS pump,no A/C.
Thanks for the link Anthony.