PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake pads.

Dek
14-06-16, 06:39 AM
One of my rear brake pads showed cracking on my Jag based Viper during the mot. Any suggestions as to what to replace them with? Also do the calipers need to come off to replace?
Cheers.
Dek

kdavies3
14-06-16, 06:49 AM
Don't know what access is like on a Viper but if it's like most. i' cut an access panel behind the seats.
The calipers don't need to come off.
Just remove the two cross pins, push back the pistons and slip in the new pads..
Check your hand brake pads while you're in there.

Youngy
14-06-16, 06:26 PM
As above for changing them bit of a struggle but jack it up high enough and ya should be ok , I got my pads from ward engineering very helpful he got me to send a photo and sorted me all the right bits ...
good luck

cheers Ian

Dek
15-06-16, 09:36 AM
Thanks for that guys. I was hoping to get some advice on non standard pads like EBC and grade for normal road use.
Dek

kdavies3
15-06-16, 10:34 AM
Hi Dek,
are you also upgrading your front pads?
if not you might just upset your front / rear balance (you do want premature rear end lock up.)
I think some folks use EBC red stuff on the front.
I used EBC Blue stuff on the front of my Contemporary and standard rear pads. gave a good balance i felt.
I had Wilwood 4 pots on the front and no servo.

Dek
15-06-16, 04:08 PM
Hi Dek,
are you also upgrading your front pads?
if not you might just upset your front / rear balance (you do want premature rear end lock up.)
I think some folks use EBC red stuff on the front.
I used EBC Blue stuff on the front of my Contemporary and standard rear pads. gave a good balance i felt.
I had Wilwood 4 pots on the front and no servo.

That's a good point Kev. Don't want the rears locking up before the fronts!
Dek