PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Motor Show

K666ADM
15-07-16, 04:39 PM
I'm planning on getting back to the UK and if I can get my fuel regulator fitted, car MOT'd and taxed in time will try to get it along to the Dundee Motor Show in August. Would welcome a chance to meet anyone from the forum there.

If its a sunny day it a good event.

http://www.dmoft.co.uk/motor-show-entry-form/

Clive
15-07-16, 05:22 PM
I never knew this existed, but I've also never had to pay to display my car at any show.

shuggie
17-07-16, 02:08 PM
We have just passed IVA and waiting for reg to come through , will take our car there if finished if not will have a run down in the tin top.

Cheers
Shuggie

Clive
17-07-16, 06:33 PM
Congratulations on passing IVA.

nuf_said
17-07-16, 06:46 PM
but I've also never had to pay to display my car at any show.

Oh, you should avoid round here. Lots of shows have us pay and the public are free. Not exactly fair - we ask them if Shirley Bassey has to pay to sing in their club..... Needless to say our chums avoid those shows.

However, we go to shows where everyone pays and it goes to charity.

The best one in Sheffield is free to car owners and the public - it also has a few entertainmet shows and quality historical re-enactments etc along with loads of trade stalls - they are the only ones to pay anything. Look out for Low Edges Show in Sheffield. Weather permitting as always........

Nuf Said

Whit427
18-07-16, 05:18 PM
Again congrats on passing the IVA
There is also a car show every year in Biggar ...free entry if you donate 2 hours of spare time setting up ...seems fair
Any one up for a meet ?

Jon W

Whit427
25-07-16, 09:03 AM
Hi All
I have just been on the Biggar car show web site and unfortunately the entry form excludes all cars registered after 31st December 1980
So that's me out and more surprisingly even if a person was to have an AC Cobra MKIV registered after 1980 they wouldn,t be allowed in either !!!
So back to the drawing board :(
I Think I have only been out 3 times this year due to the weather
I think a move to a warmer climate might be in order ,but given recent world events where would you go ??
Any Ideas ?

Jon W

shuggie
27-07-16, 11:27 AM
Thanks All, the IVA was far less daunting than I had antisipated , had a real Gent of an examiner, We are trying to go to the motor mania at Grantown on Spey which is a good show first Sunday in September, but still no reg through.

Cheers
Shuggie

John9285
11-08-16, 06:15 PM
Looks like a plan for Sunday. (Weather permitting) Will hopefully meet some of yo there.

John F

K666ADM
12-08-16, 01:41 PM
My work will not let me get back to the UK for this weekend. But in regards a similar event next weekend on the 21st the Royal Deeside Speed Festival is taking place. I'll be back for that. They have confirmed I think the Tesla Model X on show and a few real historic racers and murray lotus and other fine motoring items along with home bakes and entertainment.