PDA

View Full Version : Virtually complete pilgrim with 350SBC with Tremec TKO600 box

Almost there2147
26-07-16, 10:57 PM
New house and lack of available time to finish mean that I'm considering selling mine, what do you think it's worth please? I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast rather than a dealer. I'll be gutted when it goes but it's a crying shame for it not to be finished.

I'd describe it as 98% finished, needs minor auto-electrics and prep work for IVA test.
Sumo MK111
Chevrolet 350SBC V8
Holley carb fitted
TKO600 brand new box
Galvanised chassis
Full leather interior
Radio / CD autochanger and amp / subwoofer with speakers fitted
White gel coat
dialled in crank / fly wheel / bell housing with eccentric bellhousing dowels
Hallibrand alloys and brand new Pirelli Tyres
Brand new IVA compliant SS side exhausts
VIN stamped on chassis
Emissions cert for engine and number stamped on the block so emissions testing is not required
Professionally built
Starts and runs really well
Electrics virtually done, dash needs finishing - gauges all available and wiring in place
Donor V5 and donor car photos
All build phots,
Many receipts and spend so far £17k
I also have on retention number plate K400BRA (K4 COBRA) that might be available separately

Located in Cheshire

tonym
27-07-16, 04:26 AM
If it's only minor work that needs doing to get through iva then I'd suggest you find the time to do it, you'll get a lot more cash for it that way. In my mind, 98% finished, only minor work to get through iva reads as "45% finished, loads of work to do which is too difficult for me to complete"!

TINKA
27-07-16, 06:14 AM
I agree with Tony selling it at this stage is just throwing your money away.

Highlander
27-07-16, 07:44 AM
I think pictures would be needed to be seen before assumptions like that can be made Tony, but do feel that if it is this close to being finished, why not finish it and make as much as you can?
Sounds more like new house is taking up all spare time and possibly money to do so!

tonym
27-07-16, 08:00 AM
Just experience, seen many a person on here who've bought a part build at 98% finished who have then spent ages either stripping and rebuilding or putting something right that has been done wrong. Now I'm not saying the seller here is like that just that that is how I, personally, read that style of advert.

Almost there2147
27-07-16, 08:13 AM
Thanks to the responses so far, and Highlander is nearer the mark, it's mainly time as I haven't touched the build since last August. Too busy knocking down chimney breasts etc etc.

I fired it up yesterday for the 1st time in over 6 months and it sounded superb, I'm not desperate for the money so it could sit in the garage for a couple of years I suppose.

What do you think I'd sell it for on fleabay?

Almost there2147
27-07-16, 08:20 AM
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33300&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33301&stc=1

A couple of images for you, I have a video but unsure about how to upload.

kdavies3
27-07-16, 10:04 AM
Sadly, you'll probably get £10K as it is.
Why don't you pay someone to finish it for you?
Anthony at Absolute Horsepower springs to mind.

Highlander
27-07-16, 03:34 PM
There will be some body work required or change the side pipes to 4 branch! I doubt that the mirrors will pass IVA in that position either but all in all looks a nice enough job done.....without seeing under the bonnet that is?

What are you hoping to get for the car?

Almost there2147
27-07-16, 05:04 PM
Hi Highlander,
It's move on a bit since that photo, please see attached images. I'm in discussions with Absolute Horsepower to see if they'll finish it for me.

What do you think it's worth as is, I've updated my build costs spreadsheet and it stands at about £20k.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33303&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33304&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33305&stc=1http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33306&stc=1

Almost there2147
27-07-16, 07:47 PM
Hi Highlander,
I replied to your thread earlier with 4 new photos, they seemed to upload OK and a message appeared saying that it was waiting for approval from the administrators.

It seems to have disappeared, hopefully it will reappear soon.

Highlander
27-07-16, 09:51 PM
I saw them and still appear to be visible to me?

As for the value, the easy answer is as much as you can possibly achieve in an unfinished state. Finished is also not an easy one until it is painted etc. There are some interesting prices being banded around at the moment and thankfully as an owner, the dealers seem to helping on that front!
I think that others on this forum are better qualified to estimate the value of your car A. As it stands and B. Finished. You then have to decide if the cost to get it finished means that you are going to keep it afterwards to enjoy the fruits of all of your hard work to this point or cut your losses and take the best offer.

All the best whichever way you decide to go.

Almost there2147
27-07-16, 10:01 PM
Many thanks and it's not a bad problem to have, the images have now reappeared by the way which is odd - probably a PC issue at my end.

Happy Jim
27-07-16, 10:37 PM
Many thanks and it's not a bad problem to have, the images have now reappeared by the way which is odd - probably a PC issue at my end.

Just takes a while for me to do the moderation, no issue with your PC ;-)

wrekingolf
03-10-16, 12:51 PM
Hi Did you decide what to do with the car? We are in Shrewsbury and considering something similar and even if you decided to keep it it helps to know how it went for you. Many thanks and best regards

Neil Pritchard
17-10-16, 10:02 PM
H
I

H

I

Hi just read our report . Did you sell the car . I am looking for a part built cobra . Plesae let me know, Cheers Neil.

AussieFarina
19-10-16, 10:30 PM
Sincere apologies to wrekingolf and Neil, your messages went straight to spam and I've just discovered them by accident.

I haven't really progressed since my first post due to having to replace a flat roof which cost me several £k.

Build cost to date is £20k with most receipts etc to prove and I suspect that most buyers would want too much of a bargain - You can view and listen to it run if you wish prior to considering making an offer.

Highlander
20-10-16, 07:13 AM
How have you managed to change your forum name from almost there2147 to Aussiefarina.........have you re-registered?

You should be looking on piston heads to see what a finished car that has passed IVA with similar spec is on the market for and then adjust yours down to account for the work that is still required. I suspect as said in previous posts that it will be considerably less than you have spent to date.

Davidg
20-10-16, 09:30 AM
Such a shame to have spent all that money and put all those hours in to probably not even recover the money spent let alone the time put in. Personally I think you might get 14-15k in its present state, because it is all there and not far off ready as far as is possible to tell, finished with that engine it must be low to mid 20's I would have thought.

AussieFarina
20-10-16, 03:47 PM
Thanks to all of you for you comments and advice - much appreciated.

Things have moved on since last night - It's now pencilled in to be professionally finished during Q1 2017 so if all goes to plan it will be OTR next spring / early summer.

AussieFarina
20-10-16, 03:51 PM
Not sure about the name change - originally I registered as "AussieFarina" a couple of yrs ago but after a lapse in time I had difficulty accessing the site despite trying to contact the admin team.
I then re-registered a few months ago as "almost there 2147" and now my old name has started to appear - most odd.