PDA

View Full Version : Snaketorque magazine

tonym
15-11-16, 07:45 PM
The latest issue of Snaketorque has now gone to print so you should have it early December along with next years calendar. Sorry it's took so long to do but I had no articles despite almost begging on here for some!

I've had some e-mails and messages asking politely when the next magazine was due out which is fine but what really annoyed me were the messages where members were demanding to know why they hadn't received the magazine they expected, if each of those people had written an article instead of a complaint I'd have enough articles for the whole of next years magazines!!!

Bottom line is, I have NO ARTICLES AT ALL now, so unless someone starts writing to me, say goodbye to the club magazine................

tommy-boy
15-11-16, 08:08 PM
Well said Tony.....

If just half the people who complained contributed to the club, then they would have nothing to complain about.

Feel free to harass me to write an atrical..... that will really give people something to bitch about. Lol

Tommy

Chimeara
15-11-16, 08:46 PM
Some people really are unbelievable

Keep up the good work though mate.

I could fill the magazine with technical stuff and helpful tips for AK builds etc but it may be deemed as advertising

chesterak
15-11-16, 08:55 PM
All articles are useful. I wouldn't worry about advertising - you could always sign off "anonymous"....

BTW Anthony Ive set you a mail message...

TINKA
15-11-16, 09:03 PM

I could fill the magazine with technical stuff and helpful tips for AK builds etc but it may be deemed as advertising

I bet you could do a fab build story over several weeks and it would be from a different perspective which would be interesting.

Oh and sorry Tony I will get off my backside and get that article sorted that I promised :oops: :oops:

String
15-11-16, 09:13 PM
Thanks for putting it all together Tony, looking forward to the magazine arriving early Dec.

Chimeara, anything that gives sound advice on aspects of car building is something I would appreciate.

kitcarsareus
16-11-16, 06:03 AM

You and Dave could become agony aunts....:shock:

psh
16-11-16, 11:17 AM
Sorry Tone, I have been meaning to write those articles I mentioned to you, on the Polycarbonate wind jammer and manifold heat shield I fitted on my AK, assuming you still think members would be interested of course, but I have been completely bogged down with increasing problems with various carers, health and house maintenance issues regarding my very elderly mother and on top of that, rad leaking on cobra again!, and house decorating duties too. I will try and write them over Xmas Period.

If you are going to do that Anthony, can you start with “tips on how to loosen that sodding awkward nut on the bottom of the splined steering column shaft and then best way of moving steering column forwards “, please;)

Paul

Lloyd Barnes
16-11-16, 11:29 AM
Hi Tone

I've managed to start getting some more progress recently so should have an article for the next one! Might even have a couple as I've given up MIG welding my headers and switched to TIG. Could make for a separate interesting article on an amateur bumbling welders view of the pros and cons of each for kitcar building? :razz:

BLOKE
17-11-16, 01:53 PM
As far as I know Mike, one of our Hants/Sussex members, submitted two monthly write-ups that were not published.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

tonym
17-11-16, 01:59 PM
I mailed Mike some time ago to explain why they weren't included Frank

Kensaunders1
21-12-16, 09:56 AM
Hi all - has the mag/calendar been sent out? I've not seen mine inn post yet but also haven't seen the usual flurry of folks on here saying they had got theirs in post?? Ken

kdavies3
21-12-16, 11:06 AM
Hi Ken. it is with the distributor as we speak (or type).
Along with the 2017 calendar and 2017 membership sticker.
He is trying to get it out this side of Xmas.
If anyone had very recently joined or re-joined you may not get the new magazine now as you missed the cutoff when i sent the distribution list out.
Don't worry, I know who you are and as soon as i get the remaining mags etc. I'll send them out myself. :D

Kensaunders1
21-12-16, 12:09 PM
No worries at all! thanks for responding quickly. Ken

tonym
21-12-16, 12:13 PM
I've just had a mail from the distributor saying it'll be mailed out tomorrow, so you'll all get it sometime next week, hopefully :-)

cobrap
21-12-16, 06:09 PM
I've just had a mail from the distributor saying it'll be mailed out tomorrow, so you'll all get it sometime next week, hopefully :-)
Well thanks a lot. That's completely b*ggered up my surprise present for my wife!

KevinW
21-12-16, 06:12 PM
The latest issue of Snaketorque has now gone to print so you should have it early December along with next years calendar. Sorry it's took so long to do but I had no articles despite almost begging on here for some!

I've had some e-mails and messages asking politely when the next magazine was due out which is fine but what really annoyed me were the messages where members were demanding to know why they hadn't received the magazine they expected, if each of those people had written an article instead of a complaint I'd have enough articles for the whole of next years magazines!!!

Bottom line is, I have NO ARTICLES AT ALL now, so unless someone starts writing to me, say goodbye to the club magazine................

I have an idea for an article:

Lets have a wall of shame for the 'members' ;) that want to takey but no givey (as they say in the Hanky code). ... 'tis the season to be generous. :)

tonym
21-12-16, 06:38 PM
Well thanks a lot. That's completely b*ggered up my surprise present for my wife!

You should have gone the extra mile Robin and bought the extra large calendar :-P

tonym
21-12-16, 06:39 PM
I have an idea for an article:

Lets have a wall of shame for the 'members' ;) that want to takey but no givey (as they say in the Hanky code). ... 'tis the season to be generous. :)

That'd be one hell of a large article Kevin! :-)

psh
24-12-16, 05:07 PM
Sorry Tone, I have been meaning to write those articles I mentioned to you, on the Polycarbonate wind jammer and manifold heat shield I fitted on my AK.

Tone, i have finally managed to find time to write one of those articles i promised you ,and have just emailed it to you :D

Paul.

cobrap
25-12-16, 01:57 PM

You should have gone the extra mile Robin and bought the extra large calendar :-P

Well as luck would have it there was no need to go the extra (large) mile as the mag and calendar arrived on Xmas Eve - Thanks Tony.
Joc was mightily chuffed to see her name and face in the Jersey article - Thanks Chris.
And I was chuffed with the pics of my Cobra as well.
Also incredibly pleased to see Steve and Nicki as centre-spread. Particularly poignant given what they've been through this year.
So then a pretty good result all round. Merry Xmas.

pete knighton
25-12-16, 04:42 PM
Well famous at last thanks tony its me on front page not my car though, taken in Laon france, Pete

AKCharlie
29-12-16, 12:12 PM
Just received Snake Torque and Calendar today.The magazine has been worth waiting for as the input is very good. I am personally enjoying the Italian Trip written by Paul Blore and it is on my list of ''things to do'' for the future.
Great job
Charlie

tonym
29-12-16, 12:59 PM
There is a third part to Paul's trip yet to be published! :cool:

String
29-12-16, 01:42 PM
Mine arrived today too. Thanks for compiling it and for the various articles. Plenty of jaunts to consider when my car finally reaches completion; a potential trip to Italy might help console my better half what with the time I spend in the garage! Also looking forward to the next Crendon build article sometime in the new year :D Tris

Commando
29-12-16, 02:47 PM
Mine arrived also . Thanks for all the hard work put in by those who make both the calendar and magazine such an enjoyable read/view . Happy New Year to everyone at our club

FatBoy
29-12-16, 03:21 PM
Just received Snake Torque and Calendar today.The magazine has been worth waiting for as the input is very good. I am personally enjoying the Italian Trip written by Paul Blore and it is on my list of ''things to do'' for the future.
Great job
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. The trip was really great fun and if you fancy doing it yourself, I'll happily provide details of hotels and routes etc.
We're off to Spain in September, which looks like being a good trip as well. I really want to go back to Italy, but I'd like to go further down next time, so we'll probably take the MotoRail to Verona and then drive down from there.

Paul

Paul Jarrett
30-12-16, 05:57 PM
Hi Paul

Where do you get the Motorail from to start your journeys?

I am planning to do Lake Garda next year (July 2017) and don't want to drive all the way there.

Any suggestions appreciated

Paul Jarrett
30-12-16, 06:04 PM
Ferry to Hook of Holland then motorail from dusseldorf to Verona?????

http://www.railtravelshop.com/motorail/italy/dusseldorf-verona (http://www.railtravelshop.com/motorail/italy/dusseldorf-verona)

FatBoy
30-12-16, 06:25 PM
Hi Paul,

That's the one. The overnight ferry from Harwich is really good and the ferry itself is huge.

I can thoroughly recommend the hotel we stayed at on Lake Garda. However, if you don't drive either there or back, you're missing out on some fantastic driving road.

Paul

Paul Jarrett
30-12-16, 07:35 PM
Just checked out the prices. Fairly reasonable IMO.

FatBoy
31-12-16, 06:28 AM
Just checked out the prices. Fairly reasonable IMO.

Train or hotel?

Paul Jarrett
31-12-16, 08:51 AM
Train. About 250 per person in first class, Dusseldorf to Verona.

Probably drive down, and get the train back.

Thinking about August time. Can u post up the hotel link please Fatboy

psh
31-12-16, 11:30 AM
Got my magazine and calendar Friday, and I too enjoyed reading Paul's Article on his road trip through Italy, as I do all the various road trips in this mag, either in this country or abroad and have promised myself that once I have got rid of all the gremlins on my cobra, and I have more time, hopefully in a couple of years’ time, I will talk my wife into coming with me and join one of the groups going abroad somewhere scenic and nice and hot :D.
Thanks to all the team that produce the calendar and magazine.

FatBoy
31-12-16, 02:45 PM
Train. About 250 per person in first class, Dusseldorf to Verona.

Probably drive down, and get the train back.

Thinking about August time. Can u post up the hotel link please Fatboy

http://dulacetduparc.com

FatBoy
31-12-16, 03:00 PM
We also stayed here on the way back:

https://www.hotel-edelweiss-davos.ch/en/

http://www.hotelduparc-mulhouse.com/en

http://en.lechateauderilly.com/

And here on the way down:

http://muehle-binzen.de/en/

The Hotel Muehle is just outside Basel, before the Swiss border and made a really convenient overnight stop. It also has an excellent restaurant. The drive down through Germany was pretty tedious, but we did it in one day and from then on, the roads were terrific. If you drive down (or up) through Switzerland, don't be tempted to go through the Gotthard tunnel. Instead, go over the top of the pass, the roads and scenery are stunning.

Paul

FatBoy
31-12-16, 03:11 PM
This was our base for 7 nights in Tuscany:

http://www.borgodicortefreda.com/en/

It is within easy driving distance of Sienna, San Gimignano and Florence to name a few. The local town Tavarnelle is a short walk away and has some good restaurants at very reasonable prices. We decided to take the bus into Florence rather than risk driving and trying to find somewhere safe to park. It's ridiculously cheap and runs at regular intervals. You can buy tickets at the Tabacchi in the main square in Tavarnelle.

Paul

Paul Jarrett
31-12-16, 03:14 PM
Cheers mate - looks great

cobrap
31-12-16, 03:45 PM
I to enjoyed reading the Italian article and would like to add that my wife and I spent a month last year touring Italy and France. It was in our tintop but if you have time then I would thoroughly recommend stopping off at some (or of course all) of the car museums in Northern Italy. We did:
- Museo dell Automobile (Turin)
- Alfa Romeo (Milan)
- Miglia Miglia (Brescia)
- x2 Ferrari & x2 Lamborghini (Maranello/Modena & Bologna) - buy a multi day pass to all of the attractions and take advantage of a courtesy bus to them
In Maranello we even stopped off at a winery that had a small car museum in the back, c/w a Senna Williams and a Villeneuve Ferrari.
In all, x8 museums in eight days. Testament to how good they are is that Joc didn't get bored at any of them :)

There's also another museum near Venice but we gave that a miss last time.

zaidesmail
03-01-17, 08:54 PM
Just got to read mine as was away over christmas. Thanks gents, have to say Tommy's AK for January looks stunning, motivation to go into a cold garage to try and complete this year!

tommy-boy
04-01-17, 03:15 PM
Thank you.

It was taken in the centre of Newcastle by some fella who sent me a copy by email. He found my contact details through my blog. I cant take the credit of the photo as i was driving, but agree it is a belting shot.

I want to plan a drone photo shoot up towards the heartside pass, as that would make some wicked photos.

Tommy