PDA

View Full Version : Mot

kernowcobra78
18-12-16, 03:20 PM
i recall seeing some posts about not needing an mot for 3 years from registration. Is that for the guys with the new new builds with brand new registration number? My first MOT expired last week. And I'm August 2016 registration on age related plate. Do I need an annual MoT?

Les
18-12-16, 03:34 PM
Mine is on an age related plate doesn't need an MOT for three years.

Les

tonym
18-12-16, 03:55 PM
i recall seeing some posts about not needing an mot for 3 years from registration. Is that for the guys with the new new builds with brand new registration number? My first MOT expired last week. And I'm August 2016 registration on age related plate. Do I need an annual MoT?

Check online, I'm sure there is a government website that'll tell you.

david hemmings
18-12-16, 04:02 PM
Mine is age related and is 3. Yrs

TINKA
18-12-16, 05:00 PM
If you have already had an MOT on your car I suspect that you might need one every year now. BUT is that a bad thing for someone to check over your car every year ??

kernowcobra78
18-12-16, 06:21 PM
The reason I ask is if you go on the dvla reg check site to check a car for MOT and tax. Dax doesn't come up on the drop down list of cars neither does AK, and therefore it doesn't come up with any results. Although I have reg.

kernowcobra78
18-12-16, 06:22 PM
But you need an mot for registration regardless I thought. So where does the ball start rolling.

corn plaster
18-12-16, 06:46 PM
The MOT certificate will say the start and end dates. Once you have had one it will be yearly.

Andy

seph
18-12-16, 06:47 PM
But you need an mot for registration regardless I thought. So where does the ball start rolling.

No you don't, you only need a MAC certificate.

Paul

Les
18-12-16, 06:51 PM
When I checked mine on the DVLA site it didn't come up if I just put in Pilgrim I had to put Pilgrim Sumo.
You might have to type in exactly what it says on the log book.

Les

kernowcobra78
18-12-16, 07:15 PM
Les, you're spot on. Just done what you said and cleared it all up. Thanks it's there plain as day. Needed to enter Dax cobra under make. Job done