PDA

View Full Version : Northumberland Wings & Wheels Festival - 18th to 20th August

Ian C
19-07-17, 02:22 PM
Hi,

The Northumberland Wings & Wheels Festival (NWWF) is being held at Eshott Airfield, just north of Morpeth, over the weekend of Friday 18th to Sunday 20th August.

We have been given the opportunity to have a Cobra Replica Club display area - complete with club flags!!! - and free entry to the show. A few of us went a couple of years ago, when the weather was not too kind but we still had a great day so I can heartily recommend the show. I have added a link below to the NWWF web site so you can see what is happening over the weekend.

The organisers need to know numbers and which days we can attend so if you are able to come and support the NWWF and the CRC it would be great to see you. If you could let me know, by PM or email, ASAP if you can come and which day or days would be preferred then I can confirm with the show organisers.

Regards,
Ian

https://www.nwwf.live/

Ian C
22-07-17, 09:15 AM
Update:

We have three confirmed for the Sunday and are organising a convoy up via the scenic route. It would be great to see a few more at the festival, if you would like to attend drop me a PM or an email.

Regards,
Ian

Ian C
02-08-17, 10:52 AM
Update:

We are now up to four cobra replicas and all different makes so far - Pilgrim Sumo, Unique Autocraft Python, Dax 427 and a Cobretti Viper - for the Northumberland Wings & Wheels Festival. Still time to book a place and join the drive up to Eshott in convoy!!

Hope to see a few more there on the day.

Regards,
Ian

tommy-boy
02-08-17, 09:15 PM
Come on FFS people of the north east, give Ian a hand in sorting a great day out. Just get your arse in your car drive it over and park it up!!!

You don even have to talk to Ian or other people if you dont want to... i know for a fact that Ian will slyly turn off his hearing aid and just nod and smile when he doesnt want to talk to you. He normaly turns it off when i arrive and on again when i leave..... but im not going as im on holiday, so you can all go and enjoy a good day that he is trying to sort out, whout the risk of me attending (surly that must be an incentive for some)

Ian C
03-08-17, 08:26 AM
Thanks Tommy, that has stirred the pot a bit!!

I can understand that some don't share my (our?) passion for cars & aeroplanes and that some may not actually enjoy (apparently) driving their cars. I thought I was being subtle with the hearing aids, did not realise I had been sussed.

The amazing thing for me is that when I took the plunge into the murky (in those days, especially around Small Dole!) arena of kit cars I expected fellow builders to be just like me - same aims, plans, reasons etc etc. What I found is that the kit car community is as diverse as any other part of society and it has been a revelation how many ways there are to build a Cobra replica, not to mention the reasons for doing it. The only common bond is that we all own & drive a replica of an iconic car, I would be less than truthful if I did not admit to getting a buzz out of driving in the Sumo, especially in convoy. There is also the sense of pride when replying to the inevitable questions - "No, it is a replica, I built it".

As your pleas echo I still find it hard to believe that more of the 30'ish owners in the area do not join us for the meets, runs out and shows - perhaps it is US that is the problem!!!!

Enjoy your holiday and see you soon,
Ian

tommy-boy
03-08-17, 08:58 AM
Hahaha just trying to vex pople mate, and get some responce. This is a national/international forum, and i dont want the ignorant in the world to belive in the "grim up north" cliche...

Lets deal with facts... its either you or me they dont like. And i cant belive for one second its me!!! Hehe

Ian C
17-08-17, 09:21 AM
. . . . . . Lets deal with facts... its either you or me they dont like. And i cant belive for one second its me!!! Hehe

Tommy,

You may well be right! - you are not going to be there and we still can not get anyone to go so it must be me. I am not counting Geoff in this as he even goes to work in his Dax so is obviously not "anyone".

It could be, of course, that everyone but us could see Gert on the horizon - latest forecast still shows Sunday to be dry so we could still have a good day out.

See you when you get back,
Ian

glip
17-08-17, 12:24 PM
Tommy,

I am not counting Geoff in this as he even goes to work in his Dax so is obviously not "anyone".

Ian

Indeed - since the sun is out, I have come to work in it again today. Makes the journey to and from much more fun, both for myself and (some) other road users - especially through the Tyne Tunnel (had one of the Tunnel workers give me a thumbs up the other week as I burbled alongside his Land Rover through the tunnel).

See you Sunday.

Cheers
Geoff

Ian C
20-08-17, 11:38 PM
Great day at the Northumberland Wings & Wheels Festival (NWWF) and the weather stayed fine. The flags were excellent - thanks to all who were involved.

Take care,
Ian

glip
21-08-17, 10:22 AM
Yep, was a good day and the sun was definitely out - I have a red head to prove it.

Cheers
Geoff