PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

LDW
19-08-17, 07:39 AM
Kind cobra fans.

I received a message from a member of the cobra club who lives on the south coast in Kent.

He appears to have been left significantly out of pocket and without several parts following the demise of 427 Motor Co Ltd.

He has built his DAX rolling chassis, fitted the engine and body which is painted. The car had been sent back to DAX for wiring upholstery and fitting of his side-pipes which he brought separately and handed over with the car back in May/June.

He collected his car recently after getting no progress only to find his seat frames and side pipes are missing and no work has been completed and no sign of the money that he had paid to get the work completed.

I cannot comment on the way he has been treated, as I have not heard the company's version of events, however the net result is a club member, who is 77, and spent a lot of time building his pride and joy is now stuck and is unable to complete his car such that him and his wife can enjoy the delights of driving his dream.

The gentleman is not a charity case and is prepared to pay for the work.

If you can help or advise where to ask for help please let me know.

PLEASE NOTE that this relates only to the previous 427 Motor Co, new company that has just taken over by John Kox.

Regards

Lee Whitworth
Chairman UKCC

1dayiwill
19-08-17, 08:47 AM
What kind of help does he need? I'm in Kent.

LDW
19-08-17, 09:14 AM
Wiring upholstery and prep for iva

robinj66
19-08-17, 10:04 AM
Lee - sent you a pm

1dayiwill
19-08-17, 10:18 AM
PM from me too.

LDW
19-08-17, 10:46 AM
Thank you both

I have passed on your details to John

Chimeara
19-08-17, 03:46 PM
Lee

Please pass on my details. I am absolutely manic at the moment but would be more than happy to help

I can finish the car to whatever stage he requires and can even Iva prep and submit for test on his behalf.

All work will be carried out promptly, professionally and at a favourable price given the circumstances. I can even help with parts supply.

Everyone needs a break now and then so my services are offered honestly and whole heartedly.

LDW
19-08-17, 04:50 PM
Done, thank you Anthony

Joerg
22-08-17, 03:10 PM
Hi Lee,

I have been in the same situation last year. I found new friends in england that helped me to get my car back and roadworthy.
I had to learn more than I ever thought.
If the gentleman wants to talk with me - write me a pm with his phone number.

Regards
Joerg

KevinW
22-08-17, 04:36 PM
so, did i read this right.... staff at Dax stole this guys parts from his car just before the company went belly up?
I seem to remember similar stories posted on here when Pilgrim went bust under Tony Holmes.

Chimeara
22-08-17, 07:12 PM
Kevin

If that is the case then it is an absolutely disgusting act for which there is no excuse.

It's a Shame that those responsible will never be held to account.

I really hope the situation can be turned around and the elderly chap can finally enjoy his car.

LDW
22-08-17, 07:54 PM
Kevin, tried to pm you, but your inbox is full

KevinW
22-08-17, 10:15 PM
Its cleared now.

Neil O
23-08-17, 04:01 PM
Lee, if the car goes to Anthony for work to be done, I will gladly go over when I can and help out.

KevinW
23-08-17, 04:56 PM
Another +1 for Anthony. I think he has a lot of work on....and in the circumstances that's a good thing....AHP is unlikely to 'Do a Dax'!

Chimeara
23-08-17, 05:33 PM
Spoke with John today. He is a lovely old chap who has royally been crapped on from a great height by the former 427 motor co.

He is evaluating his options but I Have a plan in place for him which would see his car completely finished, IVA tested and registered ready for enjoyment next spring.

As Kevin says I have an absolute mountain of work going on but people like John need a break and some confidence reinstalled in our little niche market so I am happy to fit him in if he decides to pursue me as an option. Who needs sleep anyway.

Thanks for the support as well Neil.

LDW
23-08-17, 06:26 PM
True professionals and gentlemen. Thank you on behalf of the wider cobra community 😀

david hemmings
24-08-17, 06:09 PM
Surely if parts were 'taken' that is theft so therefor the individuals who stole them should b able to be held to account ?

dinosoar
24-08-17, 06:49 PM
I did write a message (but his message box is full) to John cox to say that sorting this out would help the new management immensely in my opinion and i agree entirely with Anthony's comments.

I hope a satisfactory result is obtained by which ever route.
Plenty of goodwill around which is how it should be.

Andy

Lloyd Barnes
25-08-17, 08:51 AM
At the risk of raising some hackles.....

If this chap has had product stolen by "the former 427 motor company" then unless that company has been put into liquidation it remains liable regardless of whether someone else now owns it. If you buy a company, you buy not only its assets but also its liabilities. None of this is correct if the new owners have just bought the assets and liquidated the old company.

Now that's pretty hard on the new owner too but its still the law. I wonder whether replacement parts supplied at cost might be an option?

Just sayin...... :-D

Resik
25-08-17, 09:39 AM
At the risk of raising some hackles.....

If this chap has had product stolen by "the former 427 motor company" then unless that company has been put into liquidation it remains liable regardless of whether someone else now owns it. If you buy a company, you buy not only its assets but also its liabilities. None of this is correct if the new owners have just bought the assets and liquidated the old company.

Now that's pretty hard on the new owner too but its still the law. I wonder whether replacement parts supplied at cost might be an option?

Just sayin...... :-D

Hello Lloyd,

427 Motor Company is still active (check at Companies House), they only sold the production of the Dax 427. The same they did a few years ago with the Dax Rush, which has been sold to M.A.N Motorsport.

And I´m sure that John Kox will help what ever he can.

Cobragreyhead
26-08-17, 04:12 PM
Still exist? So i guess they will resurface somewhere alongvthe line

Anyway onward and upward

minesamalt
26-08-17, 08:54 PM
Here's my 'ten penneth'
Those of you who know me are aware that I drive my dream car, as I'm sure most of you do, so I guess this gentleman is no different.
Digressing slightly, I have been a member of the UK VMAX Club and we/they have helped members in similar situations.
So, I have a pair of Dax Seat Runners, never fitted, available FOC to the gentleman concerned.
Further, my Cobra is fitted with a pair of Side Pipes from Mr. Dave Brookes, no better sounding pipes imho.
I would/will offer £250 towards a pair of the same for 'the build' .

Hope this helps.

Roger

Chimeara
09-07-18, 08:57 PM
Just an update on this situation

After a lengthy wait while I’ve been busy with Crendon development etc I am now pleased to say that I have recently collected John’s car and works are under way to get his car finished

The whole situation now I have spoken to John in length and crawled over the car I’m afraid to say is shocking

I am not one to usually write such things as this on an open forum but the treatment John had endured and the quality of what little work was done by the former Dax is shocking.

He has had his sidepipes, dash, seats, parts of the wiring loom, steering column switches, shrouds and fixings along with various other minor parts taken along with substantial money paid in advance to have the car finished

Headers were poorly made and mis aligned which are now all being re done to suit new pipes alongside various threads pulled in the cylinder heads during their manufacture.

I am now working with my trade contacts to re acquire parts at a preferable rate given the circumstances and am doing everything as close to cost as possible in an attempt to end John’s nightmare and allow him to finally realise his dream of cobra ownership

John is one of the nicest blokes you could meet. He runs various charities one of which is the Battle of Britain historical society which maintains the graves and names of the remaining special few.

I had the pleasure of meeting his wife when we collected the car who is equally lovely and both of them have a nothing is too much trouble attitude.

There will be a feature in a kit car magazine covering johns ordeal and the final chapter of works with myself.

John has asked me that if any offer of help still extends to his situation it would be gratefully received.

I appreciate me posting could be seen as bias so I will liaise with Lee the club chairman who I’m sure can vouch for the situation and possibly act as a middle man and liason between john, himself and me.

Any help will be positively mentioned in the feature on completion of the car.

I will keep this post updated with progress and John’s ongoing pursuit of remuneration through court proceedings against the former Dax company

As mentioned before this has nothing to do with the new JK Sportscars company

Thanks.

LDW
09-07-18, 09:25 PM
Anthony you are a gentleman. I will be happy to support in any way possible. I would also be keen for an article in Snake torque. Hopefully we can get something positive from this situation showing how the cobra community can work together. Again the club will recognise the support from anyone or any company involved.

Lee
Chairman UKCC

Richie
09-07-18, 09:47 PM
Anthony,

While I’m not in any position to offer any direct help, I am in a position to organise a little aviation related visit that would be right up his street and maybe take some of the sting out of his situation.

Could you pm me some contact details and I’ll get in contact.

Ken
10-07-18, 12:37 PM
Anthony,

While I’m not in any position to offer any direct help, I am in a position to organise a little aviation related visit that would be right up his street and maybe take some of the sting out of his situation.

Could you pm me some contact details and I’ll get in contact.

Maybe we could have a group run over to him, take him out for a run

Dek
10-07-18, 04:16 PM
I don’t know how it works or is set up but is crowd funding an option?
That is truly shocking to use a customers car as a donor vehicle. I hope any legal action is successful and justice achieved.
Dek

Boxoftricks
11-07-18, 11:55 AM
Can you set up a Just Giving or My Donate page Anthony and then people can donate if they wish. It's disgusting what has happened to him. What lump sum do you need to get this car on the road?

Gatwick Axe Man
11-07-18, 10:03 PM
About time S.J. shared a room with D.T!

Chimeara
13-07-18, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses so far. I will talk to John regarding a go fund me page etc

In the mean time could I put a call out to anyone who may have the follong parts laying around

Ford Sierra mk2 switchgear. Hazards and wiper switches

Self cancelling indicator Sierra plastic cam thingy

Sierra column shrouds

Intermittent wipe relay.

These are all parts that everyone now wants the earth for so if any members have them laying around and want a drunk in exchange for them that would be great.

minesamalt
13-07-18, 04:33 PM
Hi Anthony,
Would you check this ebay number please.
If it suits I will gladly buy it on John's behalf.

Rgrds.

Roger