PDA

View Full Version : Shock's

sportster
11-09-17, 06:05 AM
Hi All
Can anyone help me or advise on what shocks to buy for the front and rear suspension of my builed what is based on a XJS inboard. What I would like is coil over springs but I don't know what to buy or what lb/ft to get or were to look for these or will anyone out there have some for sale. I need four on the back and of cause two on the front
Regards

String
11-09-17, 07:11 AM
Hi. What car are you building and what engine are you planning on putting in/ what does it already have? If still in business, could the manufacturer advise?

Others with far more knowledge than I can probably help you, once provided with a bit more info. Good luck with your build.

sportster
11-09-17, 11:50 AM
Hi
It's a cobra I am building made by SCS gone out of business in 1987 the kit was stud untouched for 25 years just having a go of building it now. Engine looking at 350ci the shocks I got with it are the originel XJS and looking at them they look like they are going to be to stiff for the kit

String
11-09-17, 12:05 PM
Could be wrong but read SCS are forerunner of AK Sportscars so give them a call. Seem really helpful people :-)

Boxoftricks
12-09-17, 09:32 PM
I'd highly recommend giving Dampertech Ltd a call where I got mine from. Really knowledgeable about the cobra scene.