PDA

View Full Version : October Meet - 15th October 2017

Ian C
12-10-17, 09:33 AM
October Meet

All,

You will need no reminding that it is the ever popular monthly meet of the North East & North Yorkshire region of the Cobra Replica Club this Sunday, the 15th October.

As a change from the standard Manor House Inn format we are planning a run down to Bishop Aukland, to visit the garage of a "reverse builder" (- you start with a working car and then keep changing things until you end up with a different car, this process can become a serial obsession if you don't receive counselling and the right type of care), to try and show him what awaits if he can complete his latest modification and get his car back where it belongs. Following this therapy session we will be heading over to Seaham for the last American Cars R Us (I am sure that, in the modern way of things, the "R" should be the other way round but, frankly, I couldn't give a dam) meet of the year.

So if you are tempted to get out for a blast on Sunday post, PM, email or text for the details.

Regards,
Ian

Ian C
16-10-17, 01:05 PM
Well that was a surprise, a whole day out and we did not get wet once!

The weather, which started out with clear blue skies and brilliant sun shine on the drive down to the highest (and smallest) garage in the CRC community, got increasingly cloudy and threatening by the time we reached Bishop Aukland. However it remained warm and the sun still popped out occasionally while we chewed the fat and discussed all things automotive and Cobra in particular.

I think various suggestions, aimed (in the most part) to help James resolve his issues and get back on the road, may have had the opposite effect leaving him more unsure about the way forward - only time will tell.

We stopped off, on the way to Seaham, for a delicious bacon sandwich with all the trimmings in an Aladdin's cave of a garage which left one, at least, of the diners feeling somewhat envious. The American car meet at Seaham was very well organised and had an eclectic mix of cars - the Cadillac Coupe de Ville had to be seen to be believed, immense!

All in all an excellent day out.

Regards,
Ian

glip
16-10-17, 04:24 PM
Yep, a fun day out - see you next month?