PDA

View Full Version : Removing the body

ame
26-10-17, 09:16 AM
Hi guys,

I want to remove the body of my SRV8. Already did download the SRV manual here, but didn´t found anything where the body has been fixed at the chassis. Does anyone has got an overview for me?

Many thanks in advance!
Alex

Chris1
31-10-17, 05:04 PM
I myself have built an SRV8 ( 92 / 93 m y ).

The G R P tub is fixed down with large self tapping bolts with large washers supplied with the kit .

The process I used to fit the tub was :-

1) Run a bead of P U windscreen type sealant on the inner & outer chassis rails (this was to eliminate squeaks / rattles etc) .If I needed to remove the body shell now I would have to cut the sealer with a cheese wire to enable its removal .

2) Drill holes through tub into chassis rails.

3) Fix self tapping bolts with washers through tub into chassis rails .

Hope this is of some use,

Regards,

Chris1

kdavies3
01-11-17, 07:11 AM
It sounds like the body is bonded on as well as screwed down.
Daxes are riveted and bonded.
Personally I think you have a massive job on your hands trying to cheese wire through all that rubber glue.
Do you really need to remove the body?

Chris1
01-11-17, 03:27 PM
I myself have no need to remove the shell thank goodness .
This was my idea at the time to carry out the process of using the P U ,nothing mention by Southern Roadcraft .
I was quite pleased with the finished result of my build and have not had any creaks or groans ,although that could be disguised due to the S R side pipes !

nealgs
01-11-17, 04:22 PM
I don't recall seeing anything in the build manual regarding bonding body to chassis (http://srv8stuff.sytes.net/cobra/SRV8%20Build%20Manual.pdf)

Not sure if ours is bonded at all.

Gary

ame
04-11-17, 06:24 PM
My problem is that the body has been warped/welded (I don´t know if it is the right word) a little bit after the accident. Normally noone is seeing that but I do.... :(